AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Invasion of privacy.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nerdguy,

for me, the most annoying thing you do in my room is pm me to make sure that whatever boundaries you overstepped in another models room you haven't overstepped with me. The only reason that's annoying is because I *do* have a habit of telling someone if they're overstepping.

I know you saw me ban a friend for a day once when he didn't reign himself in after I asked. I also know you've never seen the multiple times I've had to tell certain friends "that was a bit creepy..." in pm, to their pm's, when it started to cross the lines. Rest assured that I have, and if you ever needed to be told so, I would.

BodyOfATeen said:
I have had 2 stalkers in my life that required multiple restraining orders, one needed 6 consecutive ones after each year that expired and the other needed a 3 - maybe some models here or women in general have not been stalked or threatened or followed every day to the point that you never felt safe outside or in your own home because of the above two examples, nothing like going to sleep, work, out with friends or family, by yourself or at home and still having multiple phone calls from *67 phone numbers, receiving unmarked packages, emails, instant messages, letters handwritten to you by the person and sent to about 3,000 miles away so that another person could send it back to you to disguise that it was the stalker sending it, breaking the restraining orders and justice system not caring or not enforcing the laws for the very thing you are spending hours of time in the courts to make sure that you may hopefully be safe and that they will take care of the person(s) that do the repetitive stalking.

Jesus christo that's gotta be the longest sentence I've ever read.

However, I understand and sympathize with the hell those psychos have put you through and the seeming inability of the law to do anything meaningful to stop them, it goes somewhat to explain your earlier reaction. :thumbleft:

Reactions: BodyOfATeen
BodyOfATeen said:
Sorry Nerdguy for my explosive reaction to your thread. I have had 2 stalkers in my life that required multiple restraining orders, one needed 6 consecutive ones after each year that expired and the other needed a 3 - maybe some models here or women in general have not been stalked or threatened or followed every day to the point that you never felt safe outside or in your own home because of the above two examples, nothing like going to sleep, work, out with friends or family, by yourself or at home and still having multiple phone calls from *67 phone numbers, receiving unmarked packages, emails, instant messages, letters handwritten to you by the person and sent to about 3,000 miles away so that another person could send it back to you to disguise that it was the stalker sending it, breaking the restraining orders and justice system not caring or not enforcing the laws for the very thing you are spending hours of time in the courts to make sure that you may hopefully be safe and that they will take care of the person(s) that do the repetitive stalking. Waiting until the restraining order is just about to end a couple of days before the expiration date and sending you mail and calling you to let you know that they are still there and they are still coming to get you. So yes I am sorry that most of you view me as being hostile or harsh and that I overreacted, if it was you that this happened to I'm sure maybe others may quite possible have reacted slightly differently, but yes props to you that you admitted to doing this, I apologize that I myself did not react at all well to it.

*as far as BOAT goes, that makes me laugh too, everybody calls me that as it was an inadvertant acronym apparently that some member spotted and decided to start referring to me as that for a short cut*

I Really have no idea how to form this in english so ill do my best, : I have to say that when something like this happend, you live in fear for awhile and I can understand. You may have sounded harsh yes, but sometimes we say stuff like that because we remember the fear and its like a defense mode we use. Nerdguy and many guys whos gonna ask questions about our personal life are probably not psychos, but sometimes the fear make us think they might be..

Thank you. It's really cool of you that you let that model know and are warning us. I definitely think models need to be more careful with their info.

Chamaeleon said:
Jupiter551 said:
There is also absolutely NOTHING (in my opinion) about stating what city or state you're in. How the fk is someone going to find your full name and address etc based on knowing what you look like and that you live in (for example) new york state? You can't determine an IP of someone unless you're directly connected to them somehow - IM, visiting their webpage, etc. Even then, IPs are often proxies - my IP states a nearby suburb where I guess my internet company has an exchange or whatever. Additionally, if anyone were to attempt to track you painstakingly with all these methods as it's part of their job to be able to do so, it would be far easier for you in return to inform admin who have the member's contact details on file and anyone who has access to priveliged personal info as part of their job will get fired quick-smart if they're found to be using it for personal reasons.

I bet you regardless give out your address and phone number to various businesses, government departments etc all the time - are you concerned they might stalk you too?

I understand the concern over stalkers, but don't overreact and don't blame nerdguy for asking girls "where are you from?". Suggesting all models should ban him is just ridiculous and overly harsh.
Ok, I'm now ready for someone to put a big "S" branding on my forehead for stalker-ish. But this example makes me wish that every model would be very careful.

One+ years ago, I was in a model's room and she mentioned how being a cam model wasn't her only job, which is not that uncommon. However, on another day, I saw something posted on her apartment wall that caught my attention. It was a business name. Thinking about this, I wondered if she could be that careless.

I Googled it. I found the business name, address and phone number with just a search of the business name. I found the website. The website told me the owners names and she was the primary owner. Using Google street view, I saw that the address was an apartment. The business was run from home.

So, now I had her real name, address, phone, occupation and a picture of her apartment building.

What did I do? I sent her a MFC email and from the perspective of being like a concerned brother, told her. I also told her that I would NEVER tell anyone this information, but that I would recommend being careful and taking down what I had seen in her apartment. I have been faithful to that promise.

So ladies, please be careful of what you say and what is in the background of your room. It isn't that difficult to go from an alias, to a twitter, to a facebook, to finding morsels that eventually disclose more than what you want to disclose. :twocents-02cents:

Jupiter551 said:
BodyOfATeen said:
I have had 2 stalkers in my life that required multiple restraining orders, one needed 6 consecutive ones after each year that expired and the other needed a 3 - maybe some models here or women in general have not been stalked or threatened or followed every day to the point that you never felt safe outside or in your own home because of the above two examples, nothing like going to sleep, work, out with friends or family, by yourself or at home and still having multiple phone calls from *67 phone numbers, receiving unmarked packages, emails, instant messages, letters handwritten to you by the person and sent to about 3,000 miles away so that another person could send it back to you to disguise that it was the stalker sending it, breaking the restraining orders and justice system not caring or not enforcing the laws for the very thing you are spending hours of time in the courts to make sure that you may hopefully be safe and that they will take care of the person(s) that do the repetitive stalking.

Jesus christo that's gotta be the longest sentence I've ever read.

However, I understand and sympathize with the hell those psychos have put you through and the seeming inability of the law to do anything meaningful to stop them, it goes somewhat to explain your earlier reaction. :thumbleft:

I'm LOL'ing my ass off reading this thread! First of all, thank you Nerdguy for the public apology, whatever the situation was... You were just doing what curious guys do, but I personally have banned guys who ask too many questions.. a little, sure, no problems sharing- but when the model becomes clearly uncomfortable, maybe it's time to back off. I don't know what was up Boat's ass, but I appreciated the realization and promise to attempt to think before you ask ;)

As far as Boat goes: without your nasty response, I never even would have responded to this thread. I'm shocked. You run around yelling at guys who are simply a little too curious, and APOLOGIZED for it, but I have it on personal account from a regular that you gave him your phone number. You have your wishlist public so anyone can see where you live, and you are not shy about talking to any and every one who you can spam with pms about every aspect of your life. (or in many unfortunate new model's cases, their rooms and/or regulars) You should not tell anyone how to operate their time on MFC, be it model or member wise. You contributed to a previous stalker of mine, and you have had premiums spam many models (including me, with empty threats) for not approving of the way you choose to operate on MFC. For you to even open your mouth in a topic like this is appalling. Honestly, I could start a whole thread on why you should be banned from MFC altogether, but that's another story. At least be respectful to those who are trying to make an honest effort.

Sometimes it might suck, but we always have to be super sensitive to the details, it's easy to get found by someone you might not want to meet. I know it's especially important to me with a child. I would never want my job to jeopardize her safety.

Reactions: Zoomer
Status
Not open for further replies.