AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

im sure there is alraedy a thread but I couldnt find it

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyGirl4Play

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Jun 23, 2012
North Carolina
I pm'd a user about making me a profile but it looks good on some comps but like crap on the others. Anyone out there have a GOOD designer of the custom text, im not to savy and my bf doesnt have the time to learn it workin so much.

Thanks so much,

Summer

JessiJayde said:
No one uses internet explorer anymore, that's the ONLY browser my profile is messed up on. IE sucks donkey bawls.

IE does suck donkey balls, but depending on which place reports the stats, the market share for all IE versions lumped together will still be 20-50%. Even at 20% it's enough to not be ignored. It's a pain in the ass, and I often have to make adjustments so certain versions of IE will read the page as if it were a different version that didn't suck quite as bad.

opera will often display pages and profiles wrong as well, but it's under 5% of the browser market at least...

I am not sure what would fix the issues with that. Honestly, a nice profile looks good, but people hardly ever look at the profiles, even when directed to them. A good profile doesn't replace a bad model, make sense? I have seen gorgeous profiles, but the model is really what makes people stay. :D

JessiJayde said:
I am not sure what would fix the issues with that. Honestly, a nice profile looks good, but people hardly ever look at the profiles, even when directed to them. A good profile doesn't replace a bad model, make sense? I have seen gorgeous profiles, but the model is really what makes people stay. :D

For sure, profiles only have a limited use. But at least when people do look (like for reading rules or looking at the cool stuff they're selling) it's nice to have a decent profile. MFC's profile system just seems so shitty... For a company that is pulling in mad coin, I'd expect a bit better.

Their coding is apparently very hard to get around, there's a lot of stuff that would work on most websites, but not on theirs. On the model side, there's not a lot you can do unless you know how to edit all of the coding. For instance, I cannot change the different section titles, like "about me" and "talents". I am sure you can probably do it, but it's not just general coding. I had a friend look into it and he was having a hell of a time and that's what he does for a living. Who knows though.

Yeah, the profiles definitely have differences in what code they accept. Stuff that you could normally do just doesn't fly with them. Once i do look into it more, I still doubt that I'll spend too much extra time on more than just getting the basics of what will or won't go, just because there isn't really any value in putting a pile of time into it. It's not like normal site design where the trade off of time is worth it because of all the clients.

Status
Not open for further replies.