AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Help plz. Income dropped 95% and idk what to do.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2014
Well I hate to put my business out there but I don't know what else to do. I've been a cam model a whole year now. I've made consistent income during that time. Sometimes a little more sometimes a little less. Since October my income dropped. I work streamate primarily 40+ hours a week. My income since October 2014 has dropped by about 95% or more.
I don't know what happened? I do the same thing every single day. There's no reason why it should have dropped like it did. I have the same show and the same time put in, but less people show up and I never get taken private. Not even by the $1 and $2 guys. My life revolves around this income and I feed my family with it.. I've tired to get back on MFC part time to cam, but I am so low in cam score on there from never being on, i only ever have like 4-8 people in my room at once. MFC takes a lot of time to build a following.. which I am working on slowly. I've been scraping by now.. I have had to borrow money just to eat to be honest. I've just been scrambling to find a way to get back on my feet you know?
I really need help from the cam girls out there. I'm trying everything i can think of to do but its all slipping away from me and i don't know why. I'm willing to sign up on a new site, or do practically anything cam related to get myself back going i just need some advise or support from anyone who has the time to give it. I would be one appreciative girl :)

(edit)--sorry for being so personal guys. I don't have much to hide and i believe everyone has been down before I would say. :)

Reactions: ACFFAN69
I cannot give you any great advice, but I am under the impression that streamate places you on the page based on the quality of your stream. I could be wrong about that. Have you checked to make sure nothing is going on with your internet or encoder settings?

Reactions: emma_skye12
I have checked it a few times. I have very fast internet as well. Streamate has "recommended" settings for the encoder which i use. Maybe something could have messed up with the program some how. I'll try uninstalling it and reinstalling it to be safe.

emma_skye12 said:
I have checked it a few times. I have very fast internet as well. Streamate has "recommended" settings for the encoder which i use. Maybe something could have messed up with the program some how. I'll try uninstalling it and reinstalling it to be safe.

Sent you a PM! Just realized that this wasn't Models Only. :woops:

Just from a personal point of view, but if I saw pretty much the same show every day (not sure if what you describe is identical), it would end up taking something special to get me to stay. I'm in no way a fan of seeing the same thing over and over, so could it be possible those regulars you built thought similar?

Hmm, I've heard that Streamate severely limits exposure and traffic if you have any blocks in your global settings (I am not a SM model so I can't compare the two). That's the first thing that came to mind, maybe double check to make sure there isn't anything weird like that going on.

Also, if you can have anyone help you troubleshoot your settings with you. Stuff might look and sound fine on the model's end, yet be pixelated or mute for the member.

Misono: There are some things that I'm comfortable with, and some things that I'm not comfortable with, you know? And I don't know if you mean people getting bored of seeing the same Gold Shows over and over again, but I recently just started doing those. And no, they have not been successful so that could be a problem. The first 2 went great but they were also the same topic. Other models have content to sale for their Gold Shows but I don't. In all honesty, my privates and exclusives are more successful and I think that's because people know exactly what to expect from me and they also know that I don't like things to be complicated so they don't push me to do anything I'm not comfortable with.
Hopefully this made sense to you. :)

LuthianBlythe: I have no blocks in my global settings, I've checked. My internet connection is also good. When I cam on Streamate, I use the "External Encoder" and I just fixed the settings on it very early this morning. Another model sent me a thread that contained the right settings for the encoder and I set it up exactly what the pictures on the forum looked like. On the encoder, there was an "Auto Adjust" and when it would adjust, it would make look pixelated and I didn't know that that could be unselected. So I fixed that.
I've troubleshot my internet connection as well, and the speed is great :)

I do the same thing every single day.

No matter how hot and sexy you are, this eventually gets boring. I'm not saying you need to start doing double anal shows, but creativity goes a long way towards keeping members entertained and spending money. :twocents-02cents:

I agree to a certain extent with what the guys are saying about switching it up, but I doubt it would cause a drop of 95%. I had practically the same damn countdown for like 2 years, and never saw a drop of income even close to that. Plus, guys keep in mind that we're talking SM. There's very little a camgirls can do "show-wise" in public...at least with naked stuff. Things have been slower this month than most for most camgirls from what I've heard. I've been barely on having been ill most of the month, but that could be part of the problem.

I'd try out the encoder. One idea you might try is just do privates/exclusives for a bit, and whenever testing out a new type of show try the gold show option. I'm not a big fan of gold shows honestly, because they tend to attract guys who bicker/haggle/are bossy during the show. I figure if they want to be that way they can just go prvt/excl to have things their way.:twocents-02cents:

*edit I see an MFC link in your signature, but no SM one...you may want to add one. Also, make sure you really fill in your profile. Random words in your profile will turn up in search, sort of like using tags. So for instance if you use toys be sure to put that in it.

1. My income has dropped since October too...I think it's just been a slow season especially. No idea why.
2. I would definitely branch out and try making videos if you aren't already. Sell those videos. Use these videos to entice tippers. Sign up for clips4sale. I hear kinklive is a great alternative also. You could also fill up your off time with independent Skype sessions through cam model directory or any other independent type camming. The list goes on but these are all plan B's or supplemental plans I have for when things go bad on a main site.

It's hard work investing your eggs in more than one basket but I really think in this industry it's extremely important since things are so up or down.

Luxy Reid said:
1. My income has dropped since October too...I think it's just been a slow season especially. No idea why.
2. I would definitely branch out and try making videos if you aren't already. Sell those videos. Use these videos to entice tippers. Sign up for clips4sale. I hear kinklive is a great alternative also. You could also fill up your off time with independent Skype sessions through cam model directory or any other independent type camming. The list goes on but these are all plan B's or supplemental plans I have for when things go bad on a main site.

It's hard work investing your eggs in more than one basket but I really think in this industry it's extremely important since things are so up or down.

Yeah, I use SM as my secondary site, and KL as my main one. I had an account with SM a long time ago, but closed it, and came back about a year later under a different name. It has seemed like it takes longer to meet goals than it used to, but I it could be that I use it as secondery that it seems that way. *shrug

Well, I'm still new to doing the Gold Shows. I've tried to do about 20 in the past 2 weeks, and nothing. I've only done about 4 out of those 20 and I didn't even meet the actual goal. We got to a certain number and then I did it anyway just to be nice and maybe those people might come back to take me private.

But mostly, my income has been from privates and exclusives.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
emma_skye12 said:
Well, I'm still new to doing the Gold Shows. I've tried to do about 20 in the past 2 weeks, and nothing. I've only done about 4 out of those 20 and I didn't even meet the actual goal. We got to a certain number and then I did it anyway just to be nice and maybe those people might come back to take me private.

Maybe just do only privates and exclusives for a bit and see if there's a difference. I normally say it's fist come first serve for privates, so guys realize if they want to for sure direct my shows it will have to be exclusive. Sometimes with gold shows, it's just a matter of what they're in the mood for that day. I'd just put a clear description of what your comfortable with and see where that goes for a bit.

Ann_Sulu said:
emma_skye12 said:

Maybe just do only privates and exclusives for a bit and see if there's a difference. I normally say it's fist come first serve for privates, so guys realize if they want to for sure direct my shows it will have to be exclusive. Sometimes with gold shows, it's just a matter of what they're in the mood for that day. I'd just put a clear description of what your comfortable with and see where that goes for a bit.

Yeah, I think I'm just gonna stick with my privates and exclusives. I just edited my Streamate profile because I realized I sounded like a nazi or something haha :)
I don't like people trying to direct my premium chat shows because it is pretty much a group show and I can't cater to just one person if it's a group show, otherwise it seems unfair and awkward. Because people do ask me to say their name in premium chat but if there's someone else in the room, I have to ignore it or else the other person in the room will leave.
And yes I definitely let them know what I'm comfortable with. :)

Reactions: Gen and Ann_Sulu
Here's mine, if you want to try to add your own stuff.

Code:
[b][center][img]http://i.imgur.com/JLPHjSN.gif[/img][/center]
[center]^.^ [url=https://twitter.com/Ann_Sulu19/][color=#800040]Twitter[/color][/url] ^.^ [url=http://www.ann-sulu.com/][color=#800040]Website[/color][/url] ^.^ [url=http://ann-sulu.tumblr.com/][color=#800040] Tumblr[/color][/url] ^.^ [url=https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/54402/Ann_Sulu/][color=#800040]Videos on Sale[/color][/url] ^.^[/center][/b]

Oh and forgot...if you're having problems with that up there you can click the underlined URL button in the signature box to just have a regular link. It's the button by font size.

Ann_Sulu said:
Here's mine, if you want to try to add your own stuff.

Code:
[b][center][img]http://i.imgur.com/JLPHjSN.gif[/img][/center]
[center]^.^ [url=https://twitter.com/Ann_Sulu19/][color=#800040]Twitter[/color][/url] ^.^ [url=http://www.ann-sulu.com/][color=#800040]Website[/color][/url] ^.^ [url=http://ann-sulu.tumblr.com/][color=#800040] Tumblr[/color][/url] ^.^ [url=https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/54402/Ann_Sulu/][color=#800040]Videos on Sale[/color][/url] ^.^[/center][/b]

Oh and forgot...if you're having problems with that up there you can click the underlined URL button in the signature box to just have a regular link. It's the button by font size.

Ummm lol still haven't figured it out. :lol:

sZV3C6k.png

Try this maybe ^.~

Emma camming changes fast, and is actually more competitive than this forum makes out because models do actually want to be helpful and supportive of other models. From what I can see of you and comments from members you are desirable and good at what you do on cam, I think you know that.
Think of where your niche is when camming, this seems to be where you have become vulnerable, it makes you easy to leave and harder to choose when you are unsure of your talents/ appeal.
Niche seems more key to success than almost anything else, after you know what you are doing. I would focus on past member spending, the change to your current situation should give you some idea what has gone wrong.
Ask these kind of questions...
Are new members able to spend on you?
Have you lost your big spenders/ supporters? If so, where did they go?
What have you changed in your shows/ have you changed them?
Are you still looking your best on cam?
Are you bored/ burnt out?
Has your outlook changed with regard to members?
Are you being boring/ sulking?
Are you asking for spending, begging, or demanding spending from members? There are many pretty women who let themselves be used by or simply offend their members with unfair demands.
What did past members go crazy for? (especially in term of what they have asked for)

There are some amazing models out there, you must find that little bit of awesome and show it off. You don't have to be completely original, just fit within a group who have a certain ability/ feeling/ passion, member taste and choosing the right time to be on will do the rest.

I will give you an example of niche. There is a model with naturally dilated eyes, obviously fairly unique, from age 19 to 27 this year, she has always ranked high on any site. Most members have no idea why they are so affected, and it is actually quite a subtle thing. Her niche offers some security from bad days, but never careless behaviour. For example if she were to demand tips rather than accept pvt/ group show time, she would fail... her members want one on one time with her (they settle with sharing).
So in one sense niche is a trap as you must choose to do that thing members want, but it is also success and a little more security. Best of luck in truly finding yours. I actually think with some exploration you may find it too.

If you have the internet and computer for it, I highly recommend splitcamming. It sounds like you are very tech savvy so it shouldn't be an issue. Run at least 4 of your favorite sites at the same time as well as showing yourself online for the various Skype sites and PSO sites that let you cam eg. SkyPrivate, CMD, LCMS, Niteflirt and Verified Call. That way you have essentially 9 sites running at the same time.

If I didn't splitcam, I'd be in the gutter.

The very best splitcamming software is Verysoft Webcamsplitter. It costs around $20.

It takes a little bit of multitasking practice to get the hang of splitcamming but once you do, you'll never go back. I run 2 token sites and 2 private based sites at the same time. I don't cam on MFC because the camscore makes it impossible to splitcam. CB is great to splitcam. I also like XLoveCam because they actually have their own version of the Verysoft Webcamsplitter that is better suited to camgirls. If you don't have upfront money for the software they will provide it to you and then take the $20USD out of your earnings. They will also walk you through step by step how to set things up optimally. They are a really underrated cam site in my opinion.

You are a gorgeous girl and I really don't understand how this could have happened to you but hopefully, this will get you out of the slump.

Ambers Troll said:
Have you lost your big spenders/ supporters? If so, where did they go?
From what I've seen during the short time I've been around, the key to success as far as camming goes is to build up a group of regulars. I've seen cam girls who have built up an amazing following in just two or three months, and I've seen others who literally don't have any regulars after being online for three times as long. And it has very little to do with looks. Some of the most successful cam girls are just average looking girls with great work ethics who understand how to build and maintain relationships with their regulars. And some of the most unsuccessful cam girls are literally drop dead gorgeous, but they have no work ethic, and they couldn't maintain a relationship to save their life.

Status
Not open for further replies.