AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Good cam / shitty cam

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh! That! I can do that. lol

Though I assumed that what I see when I'm on cam is different quality than what users see after its been uploaded and chewed up and crapped back out in Uzbekistan or Detroit or wherever the pervs are?

While you're on cam, is it possible to open another browser window and navigate to your own chat room?

Avalynn said:
Oh! That! I can do that. lol

Though I assumed that what I see when I'm on cam is different quality than what users see after its been uploaded and chewed up and crapped back out in Uzbekistan or Detroit or wherever the pervs are?

You need to open MFC in a browser window if you want to see what we see. MFC is stingy with the bandwidth.

Even the legendary GoldenLady / CrazySysy suffers from motion blur problems

Attachments

• motion_blur.jpg
    motion_blur.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 699
Introducing a brand new era in shitty webcamming: models with shitty "HD" cams!

In this case, I think the model had too slow of an upload speed. This caused the h.264 codec to get super duper blocky when she moved even the slightest.

Attachments

• hdcrap2.png
    hdcrap2.png
    311.1 KB · Views: 658
  • hdcrap.png
    hdcrap.png
    332.5 KB · Views: 657
In the week that we saw the HD cam test.. all these were to be found on the Asian homepage. Many cams are limited due to the very poor connection quality to some of the rooms.

Attachments

• crap cam 1.jpg
    crap cam 1.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 586
  • crap cam 2.jpg
    crap cam 2.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 586
  • crap cam 3.jpg
    crap cam 3.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 585
  • crap cam 4.jpg
    crap cam 4.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 585
This is cheating somewhat.
(She was fiddling with contrast, after camera got upset about her black shirt)
I'm not sure if it's good or shitty, I quite like the effect.

Attachments

• black.png
    black.png
    113.5 KB · Views: 524
SirenSong said:
In the week that we saw the HD cam test.. all these were to be found on the Asian homepage. Many cams are limited due to the very poor connection quality to some of the rooms.

This one has beta video turned on. She can easily fix it.

and most Asian cams would look much better if they didn't run splittcam and have 5 other sites open. Or broadcast their cam live in YM for their b.f to view.

Attachments

• betavideo.jpg
    betavideo.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 485
nzhere said:
and most Asian cams would look much better if they didn't run splittcam and have 5 other sites open. Or broadcast their cam live in YM for their b.f to view.

In some places bandwidth is simply expensive, and the normal 'fast' connection does not have a fast upload.
For example - the UK.
If you're outside the area served by cable TV, or other providers, then a large slice of the population is stuck on 488K upload.

While this is fine for 'reasonable' video, it's not for great.
Once you start hitting the local upload limit for a normal fast (for the region) connection, the costs of getting faster can be ruinously expensive, as it's a very niche product you want to buy.

So either you're looking at very expensive up-front fees, or hacks involving bonding several lines together which requires considerable technical knowledge.

If somebody says in your room your cam is poor, all you have to do is log into MFC through a browser as a guest and go and have a look for yourself. A couple of models I know have done it and the results have been screams !!

Hi everyone, I am IIvanka and this is my second post (first one is introduction in "Models: Advertise Here!")...

Since Bawksy seems to be the unrivaled expert in webcam related issues, I wanted to invite him (means YOU "Bawksy") to please come and check out my room as well.

I am using the Logitech c910. When you are in my room, please let me know - I have tons of different light sources, so we can keep adjusting all night long... ; )

Thank you!

IIvanka said:
I wanted to invite him (means YOU "Bawksy") to please come and check out my room as well.

LOL. I should charge a consulting fee in this shit.

And I wouldn't call myself the unrivaled expert. Just the asshole who makes the most noise about it.

Reactions: AmberCutie
Alright IIvanka, here's your verdict. Your C910 looks pretty good, so it's configured mostly properly. The image appears to be a tad dark (feel free to disagree with me on that one), but it doesn't appear to be a lighting issue. Perhaps the white balance needs to be adjusted?

My only real complaint is that the image keeps shaking. Did you do something silly like mount the cam to your laptop screen? Get a tripod for that shit.

Attachments

• iivanka.png
    iivanka.png
    274.7 KB · Views: 284
aahhhh... Bawksy..... you were in my room and didn't even say "Hello" to me??? :crybaby:
It was such a slow evening, we could have spend the whole night together philosophing about webcam issues ; )

Anyway, "Thank you VERY much" for checking my cam out!!!
I totally agree with you that the image is a little too dark and I will try to adjust next time. Indeed I have very little lights on as I thought my super pale skin looks better with less light.

Regarding the image shaking: YES, I did exactly the silly thing and mounted the webcam to the screen of my laptop. Like I said, it is my first webcam and I thought, this is where it is supposed to go???? So the shaking is most likely caused by me tipping on the keyboard. I will get the Tripod.

So, thanks again - I really appreciate your opinion!!

IIvanka said:
you were in my room and didn't even say "Hello" to me???

Most likely he has difficulty typing anything more than "bobs, bb" with one hand... :whistle:

oha... good that you mention this! Then I think I know which one he was... lol

I'm actually going to disagree with bawksy on the lighting there, IIvanka. I think that's a good image of you and that you don't need to add a light. Obviously, feel free to give additional lighting a try because it will probably help improve the cam image. But if you don't like what you see from that, you'd be OK going back.

Just my :twocents-02cents:

bawksy said:
My only real complaint is that the image keeps shaking. Did you do something silly like mount the cam to your laptop screen? Get a tripod for that shit.

Oh bawksy, you sure do have a beautiful way with words. I bet you're quite the romantic! :lol:

Tripods are extremely helpful! I picked up some plastic-y velcro, attached it to the top of my tripod, bottom of the cam & that keeps my cam fairly steady. Ya know, until I adjust my tripod and make everyone vomit from "earth quake cam". That's beside the point, I highly recommend happy velcro to make your job easier (see attached photo)! I've also placed this velcro in places throughout my room for easy cam placement. One piece is attached to the top corner of my desk for the ultimate butt shot. :lol:

Willkommen im Forum! Viel Spass beim Cammen!

Attachments

• velcrooooo.jpg
    velcrooooo.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 216
Using Photoshop, a guess at how it may look with more light and maybe a tad bit LESS yellow cast:

QNACD.png

Your skin is beautiful, btw. :)

IIvanka said:
aahhhh... Bawksy..... you were in my room and didn't even say "Hello" to me???

Haha yeah I was the clown guest who kept changing his name. "IIvankaRapedMyFather" and such.

Sometimes I do that when my wife is home and I have the sound off. Since I can't hear what a model is saying, I'd rather not start a conversation with her.

With regards to the lights bleaching your skin out, you can solve that by pointing the lights away from your skin, instead bouncing the light rays off a ceiling or wall first. This will help make the light less harsh.

Reactions: LiLredhairedgrl
bawksy said:
IIvanka said:
aahhhh... Bawksy..... you were in my room and didn't even say "Hello" to me???
Sometimes I do that when my wife is home and I have the sound off. Since I can't hear what a model is saying, I'd rather not start a conversation with her.

:think: Are you a troll with your wife or is the Internet your "creative" outlet, Bawksy? :lol:

So ..... I've read all the thread ! I have a PRO 9000 and a shitty laptop atm , so I'm going to buy a new laptop about 2730$ because I want it (I know I don't need so expensive, but still want it) and I will leave the laptop I have and the PRO 9000 to my bf ... he starts camming too ! Now I still don't know which cam I should choose .... the PRO 9000 again or C910? I'm happy with Pro 9000 (price 110$ in Romania) but I think I should try out C910 (price 145$)..... not big difference but I'm still thinking what if I fail with the C910 ? Some of ya girls seemed pretty sad ... can someone please make another PrtSC w each one to see the real difference when streaming again ? :D
Thank's alot ! ah ... and ty for Upgrade Amber :*

This is why you shouldn't sign on when your internet connection is "Bad".

Attachments

• skyler.jpg
    skyler.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 114
AngelSerena said:
So ..... I've read all the thread ! I have a PRO 9000 and a shitty laptop atm , so I'm going to buy a new laptop about 2730$ because I want it (I know I don't need so expensive, but still want it) and I will leave the laptop I have and the PRO 9000 to my bf ... he starts camming too ! Now I still don't know which cam I should choose .... the PRO 9000 again or C910? I'm happy with Pro 9000 (price 110$ in Romania) but I think I should try out C910 (price 145$)..... not big difference but I'm still thinking what if I fail with the C910 ? Some of ya girls seemed pretty sad ... can someone please make another PrtSC w each one to see the real difference when streaming again ? :D

Oh wow, 110$ for the Pro 9000?? What did you pay in euros? The 9000 is 45 € here. It's strange that they're so much more expensive in Romania, I would not have thought that. :shock:
I think you should keep the 9000, don't buy the C910. Like you, I'm happy with the 9000 and I wouldn't want to waste money and a new cam if I don't even know if it's any better.

Reactions: AngelSerena
I found a new Logitech webcam B990 HD .... uhmmmm but I can't find it on logitech.com ...
Anyways .... I have to buy a new webcam even if I don't want ... so I'll choose C910 to see how it works :D
I will come back and show the difference between PRO 9000 and C910 :p

Reactions: HollieCakes
AngelSerena said:
I found a new Logitech webcam B990 HD .... uhmmmm but I can't find it on logitech.com ...
Anyways .... I have to buy a new webcam even if I don't want ... so I'll choose C910 to see how it works :D
I will come back and show the difference between PRO 9000 and C910 :p

I found it for you.

Lily90x said:
AngelSerena said:

Oh wow, 110$ for the Pro 9000?? What did you pay in euros? The 9000 is 45 € here. It's strange that they're so much more expensive in Romania, I would not have thought that. :shock:
I think you should keep the 9000, don't buy the C910. Like you, I'm happy with the 9000 and I wouldn't want to waste money and a new cam if I don't even know if it's any better.

I live in Argentina and prices are like that here too.. The cheapest new logitech cam is aroung $60 and a c910 or a pro900 are over 100. Import prices suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.