AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do I have to be nude to make money?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 10, 2011
Im a total newbie here. Never done the cam thing, and this may sound like a stupid question, but do I have to get naked? I dont think I could get comfortable with that.

Short answer: no. There are non-nude models out there. I don't know much about them, but check out SuzySmartz, maybe even ask her about how she rolls on MFC to get an idea of how you could make money without getting naked.

I dont think that you HAVE to get naked to make money. Do I believe that nude models make more money...yes! The way I see it most guys are horny and online looking for some fun/attention and simply put "sex" sells!

As you are online more you will get your regulars that just come to talk and spend time with you and really get to know you as a person. Most of them could care less about shows or nudity and just enjoy your company but they are few and far between.

Essentially to answer your question...yes you can still make money but you will need a killer personality to get people in your room and keep them there....plus you will have to have something going on whether it be a raffle, some sort of game for prizes etc to keep people interested. There are cam sites designed especially for non nude models, I have never been part of one but maybe you should check some of those out as well.

not really, no. To make *good* money like Elay said, yes. However, you will have to be very creative if you're not going to be nude.

For instance...today I did a show where I turned my chatting-laundry folding day into a sexy-strange sock puppet show. I did do an oil show at the end but I had made pretty good money at that point and the audience was really happy and laughing their asses off. I wasn't at my best wax-wise so chatting rather than doing a full show was best for everyone. You'll need to find your niche and work with the fans you have.
Just keep in mind that your are doing both customer service AND entertainment as part of the job. One thing that concerns me is that you say you don't think you'd be comfortable with getting naked. If this is the case, are you prepared for the comments people will say to you? Cam models need to have think skin to deal with the degrading comments and suggestions that will be made.

all that said, good luck and welcome to the fold!

No, we like chatting to models, especially id they interact with us, makes it feel less of a transaction of money for sex but ultimately we want to get off and us boys are very visually stimulated.
All the models can verify, as soon as a boob appears, the number of people in the room triples, it's what we're here for and it's why we want to shell out our hard earned cash.

tl;dr
Men will pay for naked chicks, we can see clothed ones in the shop for free.

If you don't want to get naked, then what were you planning on doing on camera that you think people would pay you to do? Are you so attractive and charming that guys will just be happy to sit there with their zippers up, basking in your radiance?

Some models can do okay, but not great, if they find guys who are happy just talking to a girl and have some spending money. If they have no spending money, then things don't go so well. If those guys are not online, then the evening can be pretty boring and unprofitable.

Reactions: mgd1
danavixen said:
not really, no. To make *good* money like Elay said, yes. However, you will have to be very creative if you're not going to be nude.

For instance...today I did a show where I turned my chatting-laundry folding day into a sexy-strange sock puppet show. I did do an oil show at the end but I had made pretty good money at that point and the audience was really happy and laughing their asses off. I wasn't at my best wax-wise so chatting rather than doing a full show was best for everyone. You'll need to find your niche and work with the fans you have.
Just keep in mind that your are doing both customer service AND entertainment as part of the job. One thing that concerns me is that you say you don't think you'd be comfortable with getting naked. If this is the case, are you prepared for the comments people will say to you? Cam models need to have think skin to deal with the degrading comments and suggestions that will be made.

all that said, good luck and welcome to the fold!

heeey co-worker :p welcome to model status.. (sorry waay off topic)

i saw dana's sock show and it was soo awsome..(but nude) you have to have that little something to pull that kinda stuff off..
if you're a non nude model.. sure you can make money.. but you need to find your own way.. else you wouldnt last long..
alot of models just have to get used to the whole camming thing.. there are some models who started off as non nude.. and now do topless.. and maybe in time even more..
if you are going to be a non nude model.. get ready for aloot of comments (especially on mfc)
also make a schedule! write everthing down you wanna do from minute to minute.. this way you are entertaining without taking anything off..
there are sites that offer non nude girfriends.. so you might wanna check streammate out before signing up as a non nude on mfc...
they have a whole section with both guys and girls that never get naked..

hope this helped you somewhat.. good luck!

Be sure if you never intend to strip not to lead people on or post "Strip Show at 3000 tokens" and then not follow through. I'm sure that's happened, but word gets out.

TashaTypical said:
i saw dana's sock show and it was soo awsome..(but nude) you have to have that little something to pull that kinda stuff off..
aww...you make me blush! Yes it was quite entertaining. To be fair, I was clothed for about 70% of the show. But as a room we perved it out and the "naked hitachi sock fisting" experience was born.
Know what's funny? I made just as much in tips as if I were doing an oil show. I think the reason behind this is :
-it was different from anything else on
-it was a very unual show
-it was a Friday night and I think we all needed a good laugh.
-most of my regulars were there

I had a thought, hot chick reading a filthy dirty story? I've drop tokens to hear Alex read smut.

Wouldn't necessarily need to be naked to fap to that.

danavixen said:
TashaTypical said:
aww...you make me blush! Yes it was quite entertaining. To be fair, I was clothed for about 70% of the show. But as a room we perved it out and the "naked hitachi sock fisting" experience was born.
Know what's funny? I made just as much in tips as if I were doing an oil show. I think the reason behind this is :
-it was different from anything else on
-it was a very unual show
-it was a Friday night and I think we all needed a good laugh.
-most of my regulars were there

EDIT:
- dana has that thing.. you cant explain.. but will make everyone love her!

lol kinda thought that had to be said also..

Do you mean nude in public chat? Or nude ever? I am a newbie too and relatively shy in public. I will give peeks when people tip me or if it just strikes my fancy, but I'm not comfortable sitting there with my tits out (that's next month). However, I let people know that I will happily get naked in private and it's been working out pretty good for me so far. You will need to find ways to engage your room more, which can sometimes derail the hawtness factor and turn into a just hanging out situation, so you need to stay focused. You can be sexy fully or partially clothed, it just takes a little more finesse. :angel1:

I'm curious too, non-nude in public or non-nude under all circumstances?

There is a niche market for voyeur cams, but even then successful voyeur cams often do still involve nudity the performer just doesn't acknowledge the viewers and just goes about her business nude. I've always thought this was a neat concept, there' s alovely girl on StreaMate who has a pure dedicated voyeur cam but the awesomeness is somewhat reduced by her having to occasionally referee her room and re-iterate the voyeur cam concept. Ie: she happens to catch in the corner of her eye that there's ten dudes in the room screaming for tits, while she's vaccuming in her lingerie and has to hit the chat with a cut-and-paste message explaining the concept to the underachievers in the room.

I think non-nude can work in rare circumstances, but you have to have a helluva concept to support it: ie voyeur cam. And even then it would serve you well to wear sexy lingerie and occasionally stop vaccuming to rub one out over your clothes.

I only know of 1 MFC model that never does nudity, even in private. She has been on for 3 or 4 months I think. When she first started she did ok and her camscore stayed around 4000 but lately it is closer to 2000.

Just_mark__ said:
I had a thought, hot chick reading a filthy dirty story? I've drop tokens to hear Alex read smut.

Wouldn't necessarily need to be naked to fap to that.

I have tipped reading models before.

AshaSnow reading Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Well - she wasn't really nude, as she was wearing a Pikachu outfit.

Oh - and playing with a Hitachi.

(she has done simple nude reading, and it's popular with a number of people)

Well welcome on the site for start, and I hope this experience will be a good one for you.
The first thing that I think you should do is take it slow...and don't do anything you are not comfortable with. In time , as you get a better feel for the place, and find people that you like, and enjoy to spend time with, you might change your opinion at least about some of the things you want to do, but only if you want.

MFC is such a big community that you will be surprised how many amazing people are around..and how many jerks also:( So for start just don't pay too much attention to anyone that is pushing you into doing something that you don't want, those are the jerks that you meet as a new model and don't know to respect your choice..the good guys will follow. Just be yourself. There is a member for every kind of model on MFC... indeed...it might work better for you if you decide to get nude..this is an adult site..and people like to have fun and find persons to enjoy intimate pleasures with:)

And now I will tell you a little bit of my experience as a non nude model also, at least in room, groups and normal privates. I do nudity with few of my very good friends, and that only in true private. But the rest of the time I need to find ways to entertain my room. Being more sensual, and finding non nude ways to make their imagination flowing is very fun to do, and it can bring you people that will appreciate it. I am not against nudity. I would like to state this from the start, because sometimes people are judgemental, and think I consider myself better and this is why I don't do nudity . This is not true..it is just because this is how I feel comfortable.
You need to concentrate very much on interaction in the room and to make a loyal crew. Look around the forum for games and start from there.

But if you take the time to look around rooms on MFC you will find many naked girls in lonely rooms ...not doing much. In the same time the top performers have hundreds, thousands of viewers. So the attitude is what will keep your members around, and the interaction in the room in the end. Play games, organize contests, talk on the mic (don't talk in pm all the time), get them to know you. The majority of the guys will want more, but some will be willing to participate for the games in the rooms also.
Good luck :) And just enjoy this:D

Reactions: LadyLuna
Status
Not open for further replies.