AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Did MFC just EXPLODE?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lintilla said:
But please, please, please... premium members reading this: if you see a problem with a model's feed, or her PM window or elsewhere says "offline" or any other random thing... mention it to them! I'm not sure what keeps the average guy from doing so, but most of the time no one will tell me anything until I ask. "I wonder why there are so few people on here tonight." "Oh, you show up as offline and you're lagging like crazy..."
THIS! ;)

cptn_jack said:
A similar situation has been happening to my favorite model whereas she will be in her chat room but she does not show as being online on the homepage. But to those of us already in her her room we don't realize it either because we can still see her & chat with her. One of the first indications we notice is that although she is obviously there she does not show up in the list of people in her room. She contacted support and AdminLeo actually visited her room but at the time he did everything was working ok so he sees nothing wrong. I'm not sure MFC is convinced this is happening!
I understand how pissed you are! It is difficult to get new traffic as it is but impossible to get new traffic if members cannot see that you are online.

So, as a member viewing a model's room you usually see her in the list of people online? I'm going to ask some of my regulars to watch out for that, if that's the case. I've never checked or noticed if I show up in my own list. Hmm... I'd really like an easy way to know when this is going on so that I can log off before I sit there for an hour thinking maybe people just aren't interested in hanging out with me. Sigh. Takes me too long to get suspicious that it might be a technical problem.

Bad internet connection and various issues like this on the site have definitely had something to do with my score going down rather than up since I returned after somewhat seriously tanking it in 2009 :p Never going to get it up at this rate. I mean, fine, if it's all my fault for being uninteresting or something... but being penalized because I'm not showing up on the site because I'm "offline" is garbage.

Lintilla said:
So, as a member viewing a model's room you usually see her in the list of people online?
Yes initially she appeared in my friends list on the homepage as being online chat room open. And in her room she appears (as model names do) at the top of the list of people in her room. After being on for awhile she noticed that her room count was just going down not up & down as it normally does. That's when we (some of her regs) noticed that we no longer saw her in the list of people in the room and when I looked back at my homepage she no longer appeared in my friends list as being online. She logs off & back on but this happened several times that night & has happened on more than just that one night.
Lintilla said:
'm going to ask some of my regulars to watch out for that, if that's the case. I've never checked or noticed if I show up in my own list. Hmm... I'd really like an easy way to know when this is going on so that I can log off before I sit there for an hour thinking maybe people just aren't interested in hanging out with me. Sigh. Takes me too long to get suspicious that it might be a technical problem. [quoted in part]

Reactions: SoTxBob
Chatting last night with a model on yahoo that was unable to log in after having these 'visibility' problems as well. Told her to not wait and to contact support. Some 2 hours later she rec'd mail that it was fixed and that while they are fixing other issues, there is a possibility of some models NOT being paid on time. She said only a day or so delay but still, .... If that was even remotely possible, you'd thing MFC would have sent out mail to you girls before the fact instead of handling freak outs when/if the pay is late....

SoTxBob said:
Chatting last night with a model on yahoo that was unable to log in after having these 'visibility' problems as well. Told her to not wait and to contact support. Some 2 hours later she rec'd mail that it was fixed and that while they are fixing other issues, there is a possibility of some models NOT being paid on time. She said only a day or so delay but still, .... If that was even remotely possible, you'd thing MFC would have sent out mail to you girls before the fact instead of handling freak outs when/if the pay is late....
Who in the hell did she talk to who would say something like that?

SoTxBob said:
I'm sure we are missing part of this conversation, I'm only guessing she asked them about pay for whatever reason. Pay day lands on a Sunday this pay period so it will be an extra day or two before it hits our bank, as per usual.

I've had this bug of not showing online many times over the last couple years. Sometimes it's to everyone, sometimes it's only a few that can't see me, sometimes only people who have me on their friends list can see me. It seems any time this bug gets active it happens to me in some form. That would explain why I only had an average of 40 people in my room when I was naked and covered in wax. It was pretty unusual. I even noticed at one point I had not 1 single guest. I thought my room list was just glitching but this explains it.
All models should periodically check the homepage and ask their rooms if they show online over the next little while. If your not, a refresh or two has always solved it for me in the past.

Reactions: NoelleBright
cptn_jack said:
A similar situation has been happening to my favorite model whereas she will be in her chat room but she does not show as being online on the homepage. But to those of us already in her her room we don't realize it either because we can still see her & chat with her. One of the first indications we notice is that although she is obviously there she does not show up in the list of people in her room. She contacted support and AdminLeo actually visited her room but at the time he did everything was working ok so he sees nothing wrong. I'm not sure MFC is convinced this is happening!
I understand how pissed you are! It is difficult to get new traffic as it is but impossible to get new traffic if members cannot see that you are online.

My favorite model often has this problem of being listed as offline while she's on cam, so I've had quite a few occasions to observe this problem.

This almost always happens after she's had some sort of camera problem and has had to stop/start her video or has to log off and back on. When it happens, the people who are already logged into MFC (whether in her room or not) will see her listed as offline. But, for people who log in after the problem starts, she does show up as online.

But it's a bit inconsistent and doesn't follow the pattern completely. Sometimes some people see inconsistent results. But this difference between people who were previously online and those who log on after the problem holds true most of the time. (I've tested several times by logging in with a different web browser after the problem occurs and sure enough, pretty much every time she shows up in the newly-opened browser but is listed as offline in the original browser.)

Reactions: jazzy242
Always_Tim said:
My favorite model often has this problem of being listed as offline while she's on cam, so I've had quite a few occasions to observe this problem.

This almost always happens after she's had some sort of camera problem and has had to stop/start her video or has to log off and back on. When it happens, the people who are already logged into MFC (whether in her room or not) will see her listed as offline. But, for people who log in after the problem starts, she does show up as online.
A good rule of thumb is to always refresh the broadcaster after the camera has glitched out. Close the browser and wait a minute then log back on. This has been happening for a very long time, it's not a new problem.

AmberCutie said:
Who in the hell did she talk to who would say something like that?

IDK but I can ask next time I talk to her......

Is MFC down yet again? I tried two different browsers but for the last ten minutes I can't get past the "Connecting to MyFreeCams..." page.

Nevermind, it's back. always funny to see it say "10 online" .. LOL

AmberCutie said:
Always_Tim said:

A good rule of thumb is to always refresh the broadcaster after the camera has glitched out. Close the browser and wait a minute then log back on. This has been happening for a very long time, it's not a new problem.

Yes this usually happens after she has glitched out...So if I'm understanding correctly is it only members that were in her room before the glitch that she appears offline?

cptn_jack said:
AmberCutie said:
Always_Tim said:

Yes this usually happens after she has glitched out...So if I'm understanding correctly is it only members that were in her room before the glitch that she appears offline?
Members who were in her room before the glitch will see her as ONLINE, but people just entering her room after the glitch will not see her. Sometimes she will not even show on the homepage to people who were not in her room before the glitch. Refreshing helps this.

Reactions: gigolo_joe
AmberCutie said:
Members who were in her room before the glitch will see her as ONLINE, but people just entering her room after the glitch will not see her. Sometimes she will not even show on the homepage to people who were not in her room before the glitch. Refreshing helps this.

Actually, this is the opposite of what I see most of the time. People who are already logged in to MFC (whether or not in her room) see her disappear from the list of online people, but people who log in afterwards can see her as online.

Weird.

I guess regardless, same rule of thumb applies. Always refresh (model broadcaster or software).

:mrgreen:

Airwolfe said:
Many Fucking Crashes is down again.

I'm not surprised … it was having minor issues all throughout the afternoon (things like the tip window refusing to load) which often presage a full meltdown.

God damn it. Many Fucking Crashes is down again.

Caught me in the middle of a show with my dick in my hand! Fucking waste of tokens.

MFC's website is a hunk of shit. Old ass Web 1.0 from early 2000's.

When they going to fix this shit instead of adding more fucking useless updates?

Airwolfe said:

Caught me in the middle of a show with my dick in my hand! Fucking waste of tokens.

When they going to fix this shit instead of adding more fucking useless updates?
If you dislike it so much why don't you just to to another site?

AmberCutie said:
Airwolfe said:

If you dislike it so much why don't you just to to another site?

I'd rather they fixed it. Wouldn't you?

I'm also not a member of another site. But maybe you are right. My money might be better spent somewhere else.

working fine for me since this afternoon.... :thumbleft:

It's naive to think they aren't trying to fix it.

It's also naive to think that a website hosting thousands of live feeds at a time, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week wouldn't have small crashes on occasion, especially when doing necessary updates.

Even your banks website goes down for updates at LEAST once a month, for several hours to do updates. I think we should all count our blessings that while updating, MFC keeps things running. even if a little glitchy during that time it's better than being gone entirely for a day or two.

:woops:

Members can now drag to re-size their personal menu, online friends, etc. More features coming to that area soon.

I like the new feature that shows your friends that are in group or private at the top of page 1 right after your other friends.

:clap:

Reactions: JoleneBrody
ComicOzzie said:
I like the new feature that shows your friends that are in group or private at the top of page 1 right after your other friends.

:clap:
Me too! I hated how they would just disappear if you had it set to list friends first. I would hope that listing it this way may increase the number of people who join groups.

Reactions: ComicOzzie
I think its annoying honestly. My friends list is always open to the right and I can easily see who is in group, private, away there. It's redundant. I wish they would make it an option instead.

I guess some people interact with the site with the right sidebar hidden or something.

It's also broken at the moment. Models sometimes appear in the list with a "Group Show" or "Private Show" tag over their avatars when they're not in group or private.

BrokenGroupShow.png

Status
Not open for further replies.