AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Criteria on most popular cams?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 23, 2021
I'm always puzzled on what must be the criteria for some cams to be more popular than others, i.e, why someone gets the tag "new"and has a high number of viewers, and other cam models don't have that luck, despite having the toys, a pretty face, a clear image...? Is it because of the DSLR or expensive cameras that are automatically taken in consideration? Can webcams beat that though?....

Many things often its the right niche at the right time pure luck. I have seen model work their asses off for nothing and other just day one huge. I have always said it come down to getting a group of regulars quick and early. When you have 6 guys who regularly drop token coins what ever on you, then you are set. The hard part is getting there. Yes, if a girl catches a whale willing to down 100k+ token every month it helps but those guys are small. Its getting a crew of guys who visit and can spend 500 to 10k tokens a month models look basically guys spend $50-$1000 a month that will help. Because that is what will allow girls to budget. I tell model who try pming random guys they are wasting their time. Being new has an advantage. It gives you as a model the new toy/object/pocketbook/clutch or jewelry or heels want from members who want to try you out. But if you use lounge and guys like you. I have seen girls take off two weeks in. Then the girl who focuses to much on room or her phone can kill any possible fun with members who leave models must work hard to take off. But it does have a lot of luck tied to it.

Reactions: Amberladyx
Upvote 0
The 'new' tag is a short-term feature on CB that helps promote newcomers to get some exposure and followers, to hopefully help them get established.
The suggestion is to be online as much as possible while you have the 'new' tag and benefit from the added room traffic - seems quite a lot of viewers seek out new models, although some do so to try and take advantage.....
Many threads here trying to uncover the algorithms that CB applies to rank rooms and get higher (i.e. ultimately onto page 1), but so far I think it's still a mystery........

Upvote 0
I've never really seen it as much of a mystery. CB says on the (daily contest/payout) ranking page that it's based on unique viewers (names/IP) who view the cam for a minimum of 1 minute. In my opinion, I don't think CB is doing much else in their 'algorithm'. The more popular rooms get more random viewers for 1 min, thus constantly pushing their status for that day. Followers then play into keeping that status maintained over time. However you got there... more tippers, mean more action, which means more unique viewers for 1 min. It all just feeds the description of ranking that CB has provided for us.

Cheers,
Cexmental

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've never really seen it as much of a mystery. CB says on the (daily contest/payout) ranking page that it's based on unique viewers (names/IP) who view the cam for a minimum of 1 minute. In my opinion, I don't think CB is doing much else in their 'algorithm'. The more popular rooms get more random viewers for 1 min, thus constantly pushing their status for that day. Followers then play into keeping that status maintained over time. However you got there... more tippers, mean more action, which means more unique viewers for 1 min. It all just feeds the description of ranking that CB has provided for us.

Cheers,
Cexmental

The contest ranking =/= site ranking.
Site ranking isn't based on registered viewers. It can be a result of having a large group of people in the room, but it's not the main variable.

Upvote 0
The contest ranking =/= site ranking.
Site ranking isn't based on registered viewers. It can be a result of having a large group of people in the room, but it's not the main variable.

Hi. You stated that rather factually. Can you please post a link to reference where you are getting that information from?

As a developer with more than 40 years of experience, in my opinion, they are synonymous! Why spend the time coding anything more complex than basic viewership over time (and maybe token totals) to rank someone more popular than another?

Cheers,
Cexmental

Last edited:
Upvote 0
maybe i didn't explained myself well, i'm sorry for the english too...i meant, the tag "new" allowing to boost a model into the first page, but there are other new models, with that very same tag "new", unfortunately just making it to the last pages/or with little viewers.... and im not just referring to the "new" tag...i'm just wondering what is the criteria? is it because some countries are privileged than others? Girls from the USA usually get a nice number of viewers...i wonder if the country the site sees ur from, plays a part in the equation? where does this traffic/these viewers come from? ehehe is it the tecnology? the internet speed?.....

Upvote 0
Girls from the USA usually get a nice number of viewers...i wonder if the country the site sees ur from, plays a part in the equation? where does this traffic/these viewers come from? ehehe is it the tecnology? the internet speed?.....
Don't know if is considered by the algorithm, but the region will be considered by many users, because it's not that easy to find models with good English skills from Eastern Europe and Southern America.

It is time-consuming to find models from these regions with whom you can have a fluid and in-depth conversation (or simply have your wishes communicated without misunderstandings). In addition, there are cases where you cannot talk to the model at all, but a translator is active in the background.

Therefore, users with lots of money tend to look for models from North America, which means that they receive more and larger tips and are listed higher, while users with a limited budget are more likely to accept the limitations and extra effort needed for SA/EE models.

In general, competition is much stronger for SA/EE models, as these two regions account for the majority of all models. The few North American models stand out directly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Olive
Upvote 0
Don't know if is considered by the algorithm, but the region will be considered by many users, because it's not that easy to find models with good English skills from Eastern Europe and Southern America.

It is time-consuming to find models from these regions with whom you can have a fluid and in-depth conversation (or simply have your wishes communicated without misunderstandings). In addition, there are cases where you cannot talk to the model at all, but a translator is active in the background.

Therefore, users with lots of money tend to look for models from North America, which means that they receive more and larger tips and are listed higher, while users with a limited budget are more likely to accept the limitations and extra effort needed for SA/EE models.

In general, competition is much stronger for SA/EE models, as these two regions account for the majority of all models. The few North American models stand out directly.
...That's a good point! i hadn't thought of that important question of the language....and yes, many colombians, are thrown to the last spots (as EE girls aswell...) i noticed...

Upvote 0
Hi. You stated that rather factually. Can you please post a link to reference where you are getting that information from?

As a developer with more than 40 years of experience, in my opinion, they are synonymous! Why spend the time coding anything more complex than basic viewership over time (and maybe token totals) to rank someone more popular than another?

Cheers,
Cexmental

Ah, you can't say 1 (it's completely based on unique viewers for 1 minute) and later say (oh maybe also token total) and be right both times 😉 as a developer with 40 years of experience I'm sure you see the difference between those 2 statements.

CB factually tells models that the algorithm is based on more things. They've told me personally and with me many others. Unless you think those are lies?

I keep a very close eye on a lot of variables when I am live, and "total registered viewers for 1 minute" is very obviously not the answer (based on my personal IRL live observations)

I can not answer your question why CB makes the decisions they do because I'm not them nor do I feel like making assumptions, because that's just foolish.

Screenshot_20211011-192655_Brave.jpg
Screenshot_20211011-192807_Brave.jpg

Upvote 0

maybe i didn't explained myself well, i'm sorry for the english too...i meant, the tag "new" allowing to boost a model into the first page, but there are other new models, with that very same tag "new", unfortunately just making it to the last pages/or with little viewers.... and im not just referring to the "new" tag...i'm just wondering what is the criteria? is it because some countries are privileged than others? Girls from the USA usually get a nice number of viewers...i wonder if the country the site sees ur from, plays a part in the equation? where does this traffic/these viewers come from? ehehe is it the tecnology? the internet speed?.....

There's a LOT of factors that go into why 1 person is more successful than others. It really depends on the type of model, the type of stream they do, how long they've been streaming, following, the crowd they attract, (in)correctly catering to that crowd, stream length, time of day (also factors into crowd), hashtags, outfit, vibe, goals or no goals, quality (depends on the crowd what is necessary), dependability/having a predictable schedule, English ability etc. Public shows VS private focused, pay to play VS tip when you see. I can go on and on about this, but it is really variable per model. There's no cookie cutter method for success. And oftentimes it takes a lot of trial and error to figure out what works for you and your situation specifically (which can also shift around or change when changing schedule etc).

Stream quality and internet speed also impact things because people want to enjoy a stream and don't want to get interrupted by connection issues or tech difficulties. But having a lower quality stream can also actually be a plus when catering to certain crowds too (as long as the connection is decent).

• Hugs
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.