AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Cam Girl Beta Testers Wanted

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Notice: there are no performers at this time, please try again later!

An FAQ would be nice. I'm a chip thousandaire, but have no idea how far one chip would go, if, you know, there were models to spend them on.

lol... I knew I have heard about "centerfoldcams" before. I got few visits coming from your site and I thought it would strange. But when I found that you web-scraped two of my reviews with full text and images, then I realized why.

I must say that it is the first time that a camsite (ok, a beta camsite) copy my reviews and post it on its own blog. Well, at least you put a link back. It is ok for me, but I don't know what the girls you copied the reviews (SpexyAshleigh and MilaMilanXXX) will think about it.

But I noticed you replaced all the outgoing links to MFC with your own BAF code. This is a little bit... crazy, isn't? I mean, you are not only sending your traffic to one of your main competitor, but also trying to get free tokens. I have never seen this!

Really... your strategy does not make much sense. You drive traffic to your site re-posting a lot of content from other sites and then send all the people to your competitor. You even have a post explaining how to create a free account on MFC and buy tokens there. Do you want to start a real camsite or win free tokens on MFC?

MyCamgirl said:
lol... I knew I have heard about "centerfoldcams" before. I got few visits coming from your site and I thought it would strange. But when I found that you web-scraped two of my reviews with full text and images, then I realized why.

I must say that it is the first time that a camsite (ok, a beta camsite) copy my reviews and post it on its own blog. Well, at least you put a link back. It is ok for me, but I don't know what the girls you copied the reviews (SpexyAshleigh and MilaMilanXXX) will think about it.

But I noticed you replaced all the outgoing links to MFC with your own BAF code. This is a little bit... crazy, isn't? I mean, you are not only sending your traffic to one of your main competitor, but also trying to get free tokens. I have never seen this!

Really... your strategy does not make much sense. You drive traffic to your site re-posting a lot of content from other sites and then send all the people to your competitor. You even have a post explaining how to create a free account on MFC and buy tokens there. Do you want to start a real camsite or win free tokens on MFC?

At first glance, it looks like the site has changed since the initial post... I can only guess the owner realized it didn't have anything going and couldn't compete with MFC. Now there are just adult related news stories and a BAF link to MFC. I guess it's best for him that he realized it wasn't going to be the success he hoped and stopped before too much $ was spent.

I hope none of my model friends here got their hopes up about this site.

Frankie said:
You probably should have setup the actual base for a cam site before advertising for beta testers. To a model this kind of looks like a weird scam to gather info. But then again I'm paranoid.

No not paranoid, I agree with you. But maybe I am paranoid too hahah.:)

I noticed this blog post "How come it HURTS more when a MALE gets HIT in the “TESTICLES” then getting Hit on the “PENIS”?

Are "testicles" and "penis" euphemisms for something we should know about? And why is there no concern about FEMALES getting HIT in the "TESTICLES" or "PENIS"?

Yeah. I stopped helping him when I realized that not only was he using another site's code and programs (he bought them,) but he was using one of their basic templates too. Not only that, but he hadn't taken the typos out of his template.

Also the cam part of the site isn't what you see on his link, the cam part is at live.centerfoldcams.com

If any girl wants to try to help him, he offers great benefits. I don't think it's worth it though.

Alexlady, Thanks for you input, although I would have rather you contacted me about your concerns of which you've stated here.

1) This script has not been 'purchased' from anyone. It's been installed by the script author on a 30 day trial to see how it operates and performs before any lease/purchase.

2) The original script that you refer is open source, all changes and upgrades are not.

3) I'm not going to spend money on a custom template for something I may or may not use. Hence the testing first.

4) And although you may not believe it is 'worth' it. I've already been contacted by numerous models from various sites that are waiting for the final product to help us launch.

5) Once the Cam site is up, it will assume the domain 'CenterfoldCams.com' and the blog portion will be a sub domain doing exactly what it is now in addition to all of our models given the ability to utilize it for their own personal self promotion free of charge. This blog is further attached to our Twitter account via a plug-in that will tweet the post automatically which is even more promotion for the models even having their own Twitter accounts.

All in all, I believe we have a good plan, The commitment to take care of the models first (which will stand at 90% and ability to set pricing) and our profit second (my income is not based on this site, I operate various others). I believe this combination will ultimately produce a good final product for the member, the model and site.

Thanks for everyone's honest input, it has been much appreciated. Best of luck to all.

MyCamgirl said:

If you or any others would like any of the content removed...just contact me and I'll gladly remove it.

I guess it's best for him that he realized it wasn't going to be the success he hoped and stopped before too much $ was spent.

Just remember, MFC didn't have 'anything' going when they started and I fully intend to complete this project. As any design or program is implemented there will be changes even though the core doesn't. This is part of the process.

I've already acknowledged MFC as the 800 lb gorilla but this doesn't mean that any other site is unworthy.

Just a little premature, don't you think?

centerfold_cams said:

Just a little premature, don't you think?

Nope I still stand by my statement. :)

In an effort to be constructive as well as critical, I'll recommend something. Make sure you have an extensive FAQ for the "performer signup" that girls can read and feel comfortable before asking them to fill out all the info you currently have on your sign up page. We as the performer need to feel informed before committing to signing up. Streamate does a good job at this, in my opinion.

AmberCutie said:
In an effort to be constructive as well as critical, I'll recommend something. Make sure you have an extensive FAQ for the "performer signup" that girls can read and feel comfortable before asking them to fill out all the info you currently have on your sign up page. We as the performer need to feel informed before committing to signing up. Streamate does a good job at this, in my opinion.

Duly noted, Thank You Amber

Yeah, um, sup with the review on me being posted up there without having my permission? I mean, the great thing about MyCamgirl is that he ASKED me personally if he could review me and asked what content I'd feel ok with having up on his website. Because of the fact that he was respectful (and his article was wicked nice), I felt comfortable with him posting it on his website for his followers to read. But essentially taking articles and using my content without even attempting to contact me is kinda a no no. You'll get alot further with having models co operate with you and help you with your site if you treat them with respect. Its not something I really care about, I mean my tits are basically all over the web, but I was surprised when someone let me know that my article and half nude pics were being reposted on a random site. I know, its interwebz and shit gets spammed everywhere but you can't really ask girls to join your site after already taking content that isn't yours to take and posting it for your own gain. Just my two cents.

Oh, lemme add one more - I briefly read that girls will forfeit their tokens or earnings if they get banned or whatever? Thats so not ok. Shady shady. Anything earned while on your site, legally, should be paid out upon discharge. You can't be taking a girls money yo.

SpexyAshleigh said:
Oh, lemme add one more - I briefly read that girls will forfeit their tokens or earnings if they get banned or whatever? Thats so not ok. Shady shady. Anything earned while on your site, legally, should be paid out upon discharge. You can't be taking a girls money yo.

That sounds like a huge lawsuit waiting to happen.

SpexyAshleigh said:
Yeah, um, sup with the review on me being posted up there without having my permission?

SpexyAshleigh - Your review has been removed. Too bad you didn't respond to Twitter on Oct.24th @ 2:55pm when you were informed of the article being added to our site including a link to it. Nice grandstanding here though.

SpexyAshleigh said:

If a model stays within the sites guidelines then there wouldn't ever be an issue. Merely a deterrent to help insure that this happens. Play by the rules....no issues. I can only assume that the models piping up about this aren't willing to play by the rules.

Here's a clue for you, you better re-read your model release(s) from MFC because as a NON-employee, Non-contractor...the same thing can/will happen to you without any recourse on your part. I just worded it without the legal jargon.

Lastly, I do appreciate all the haters and bashers on here. While you are entitled to your own opinions on all of this, You are NOT entitled to your own set of facts.

As this will be my last post here....

To Amber and all who at least attempted some objectivity....thanks for your input.
To the rest....while I thought this forum appeared to have professionals, I found that it is far from it, only resembling a clique with no outsiders allowed.

Good luck with all your endeavors.
Grace and Peace
Scott Stevens
CenterfoldCams.com

We represent the kind of people you will be working with as the owner of a camgirl site. If you don't feel at home here you're in for a rude awakening when you are actually doing business with girls (and members) like us.

centerfold_cams said:
SpexyAshleigh - Your review has been removed. Too bad you didn't respond to Twitter on Oct.24th @ 2:55pm when you were informed of the article being added to our site including a link to it. Nice grandstanding here though.

SpexyAshleigh said:
DISCLAIMER: I'm not a lawyer, nor in any type of legal profession. but I have one on IM. Please pardon any para-phrasing.

Not to question intent, but Twitter has yet to be recognized, in any state that my friend knows of, as a legal means of communication. It is usually accepted practice to acquire permission PRIOR to using protected materials, in writing or some other verifiable digitally signed medium. The only reason that this practice continues is because independent models rarely have the legal representation, or the numbers of eyes to monitor the multitude of sites and companies that try this. Want to prove out the theory, go ahead and use a Disney character on one of your ads without contacting them first. Protect your business, and it's reputation, and get your releases first.

Now to prove that I really am impartial, and willing to attempt to support business start-ups:

The second issue has been contested in many industries, where contractors are common, and the contractors nearly always lose. Reason being is simple. If the funds in question are 'earned' using methods expressly forbidden by law, or written company policy, then it is considered to be fraudulently acquired gains, and subject to forfeit by the contractor.

CamSiteAsshole said:

So what? You told her AS you were putting it up. You need to -ask- first. Dugh.

Also, he's been working on this site since 2007. A site where all he did was rent someone else's shitty script. Google around; you'll find lots of sites who use this template.

He has a dream he's failing at. That is all.

Hell even his main page consists of completely Stolen articles.

DD time, anyone?

centerfold_cams said:
SpexyAshleigh said:
Yeah, um, sup with the review on me being posted up there without having my permission?

SpexyAshleigh said:

If a model stays within the sites guidelines then there wouldn't ever be an issue. Merely a deterrent to help insure that this happens. Play by the rules....no issues. I can only assume that the models piping up about this aren't willing to play by the rules.

Here's a clue for you, you better re-read your model release(s) from MFC because as a NON-employee, Non-contractor...the same thing can/will happen to you without any recourse on your part. I just worded it without the legal jargon.

Lastly, I do appreciate all the haters and bashers on here. While you are entitled to your own opinions on all of this, You are NOT entitled to your own set of facts.

I have been on over a dozen camming and phonesex sites since 2003. You are correct, many sites do state that if you break their rules, you can have whatever you have coming to you forfeited. I can log in and pull up where it states such on many of these sites. That is if I could actually remember my logins and pws to them. Haha. Yes, it's been that long! I agree that it's a deterrent tactic used as you said to keep girls from taking members off the site for payment. However, I have also been screwed over by a few sites claiming I broke rules when I clearly didn't, just so they could get out of paying me. Since I don't know you, I have no guarantee that you won't do the same.

I apologize ahead of time if this comes off rude but it's meant to be more honest albeit a bit blunt but you did come here wanting feedback. Your site as is looks now is very how should I put it...unpolished? I obviously can't take a peek at what's behind the scenes but what I can view isn't that impressive. I am almost certain I can create the exact same thing on Dreamweaver and have a login/sign up page in a matter of days if not less. Actually surprised you didn't spend more time on something like a FAQ as Amber pointed out. There is no way I would sign up as a camgirl, no matter what % of the money you were ultimately offering in the end. Without the backing of an established site, I would NOT want you to have access to have a peek at what's on my driver's license or passport, something that I also DO NOT make available for guys that call me for fetish phonesex or for a camming session.

I don't know you and unless you can give me somewhere to go on the net where I can read about how you are a reputable adult webmaster/business owner that has been in the scene for a while from an unbiased and trusted source, well ya get the picture. Maybe I am more cautious then the average girl but there is absolutely no way I would give you my personal info to sign up to get a peek at what the set up is like. I have seen too many fly by night sort of sites run by unethical people that ripped girls off through the years from camming sites to payment processors. I have also even seen some AWESOME smaller camming sites that had the BEST camming platforms fail because they simply couldn't get the traffic needed for the girls to stay on or get their billing solution worked out.

Girls will stay on and work on a site that brings in the most money that is user friendly that pays on time every time. I was never a huge fan of free chat so didn't know what to make of MFC but I have lurked enough to see that it seems pretty cool. There is a very good chance I will join in the next few months. Guess what I want to know is how do you plan on competing with that? I mean truly? A girl has only X amount of time in a day and can only multitask so much. Why would a girl that works on say Imlive, Ifriends, Streammate, Niteflirt, PrivateCamz, MFC, or any other hopping and successful sites forgo logging onto those sites to try out yours or help you get your business off the ground? Even if they log in to multiple sites at the same time, it would make sense to hop on the ones that pay out? Just seems you are just in the planning phase of this camming site you hope to have and it wouldn't really benefit the girls at this point since you really bring nothing to the table? Sure you will pay out more, but I have no guarantee that I will be faithfully paid even if I bring my guys onto your site for billing purposes. I would rather make 10% less and sleep at night knowing the $800 I just made will hit my bank account Monday morning like clockwork.

Not sure what sort of a budget you have for advertising but I do know it's VERY pricey. I suppose if every girl that joined your site brought her client base from elsewhere to your site you might do okay. Not sure any girl would risk getting those sites to ban her for doing this tho. I certainly would not. I would never piss on a site that has treated me well and for years just so I can possibly make a few extra $$.

As I said, I wasn't trying to be insulting and this post turned out way longer then I intended it to be but it just bothers me when I see sites that are kinda slapped together already trying to recruit girls. The fact you even thought of Paypal as a viable payment option in the adult scene sorta made me leary and some of the other questionable stuff regarding taking other people's work without their permission as well.

Anyhow, good luck!

I like how he tries to say I should contact him personally too, rather than have anything I have to say about his site public.++

Your thirty day trial will be up soon, dude. I suggest you invest in a new hobby.

Granted you said you won't post anymore, huh..? You have such good business skills to hang up on people when they start asking questions or finding your faults.

You said once that you had 18 websites... are they all this shitty? Does boasting your shit-pile make you proud?

AlexLady said:
I like how he tries to say I should contact him personally too, rather than have anything I have to say about his site public.++

Your thirty day trial will be up soon, dude. I suggest you invest in a new hobby.

Granted you said you won't post anymore, huh..? You have such good business skills to hang up on people when they start asking questions or finding your faults.

You said once that you had 18 websites... are they all this shitty? Does boasting your shit-pile make you proud?

I think you should bill him for all of your help! :icon-lol:

I really hope none of my model friends have signed up for this, this just sounds like a legal nightmare.

All right let's see if I understand all of this feedback correctly. Without being thought of as 'running away'.

1) If a script isn't custom coded than it's no good... (mfc's open source dinasour has been around since 2003.)

2) Site templates are bad...(mfc still uses frames and is one of ugliest cam sites out there...this is good)

3) I repost two very good, favorable and well written articles on a blog using standard protocol of back linking the originating source/site and this is bad because I didn't contact the subjects of the article when the biggest concern should come from the originating site/author...(but there is no issue with selling one's soul and copyright to mfc, who plasters models asses all over the internet for profit plus OWNS the rights to do so.)

4) A site willing to pay the highest rates heard of plus models ability to set her own pricing just for taking a chance on a startup, limiting the amount of total overall models so everyone can get traffic with out any type of cam scores is bad.....(but working under a rigged cam score system that directly faces off model to model for position and then forces those to maintain roughly a token count of 330k/month to be in the top twenty or face sudden death buried on page 5 if they don't push the limit to maintain a full tipping room is good.

5) Having members paying a modest price to stay in a models room is bad...(but a room full hundreds or maybe a couple thousand members with only a half dozen tippers is a good thing.)

6) Working on a site that constantly crashes and does every one of the things I mentioned is a good thing with the models happy to do it,

I think this about sums it up, doesn't it?

centerfold_cams said:
but working under a rigged cam score system that directly faces off model to model for position and then forces those to maintain roughly a token count of 330k/month to be in the top twenty or face sudden death buried on page 5 if they don't push the limit to maintain a full tipping room is good.

Sudden death?

91eec73a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.