AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Be Online and get $2 per hour!

• Thread starter Deleted member 19118
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 19118

Dear performers ,
Are you tired of false promises to make money by working on a new site and then finding out that you are wasting your precious time on it and those bucks never show up?
Well now it is the time for a revolution in the video chat industry! We will pay you $2 per hour while you are on free chat, making friends, engaging with members and having fun. What is the catch you may ask? Well, are you ready?
This offer will start at 16th September and will end on 23 September.

Requirements

You have to be online 30 hours per week minimum in available status
Engaging in conversation with everybody, even if they stay passive on free chat
Proactively chatting with guests and members, inviting them in private and encourage tipping
Join us now and experience the MyTubeCams.com premium treatment. Make the money you deserve and have fun doing it on a site that is truly "A Class Above the Rest"
If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact us!

catalina@mytubecams.com
Sincerely,
MyTubeCams Team

I really hope that was a typo and what you meant to say was $12 or $20 because $2/hour for 30 hours is a bit ridiculous.

Fay_Galore said:
I think it's like a base number, if you make nothing else, you'll at least have $2....
It's a nice gesture, but I don't think 2 dollars is going to sway much girls though.

Really there's several models, mostly in east Europe, who search these dollar per hour offers and join them all. They keep open 5-10 sites at once with splitcam 8+ hours every day, so adding one more is no big effort.

By the way where the mytubecams name came from, is it just me or it looks like MY-freecams clashed into TUBECAM-girl!? should give credit to BONGAcams for the most original name in years :)

AllisonWilder said:
I really hope that was a typo and what you meant to say was $12 or $20 because $2/hour for 30 hours is a bit ridiculous.

Ha, I think my brain couldn't comprehend $2 an hour and I read it as $2 a minute. Glad I didn't sign up...

I sent them a PM asking if it was a typo. If so I will delete or edit post to save them face going forward.

If not? Just wow.

Waitresses at least get more than that before their tips. Server minimum wage is 4-something.

Don't mean to step on anyone's toes, but it's not all bad is it? Most, if not all, camsites don't offer a baseline income, so this is 'kind of' cool in my book. of course, if there's not traffic to begin with, it's not a great deal. but you're better off making nothing on here then making nothing on MFC ;) (and yes I understand at least MFC has traffic)

for a starting out website it's a nice incentive to come work for them, as I said, probably not a very effective one, but it's meant well. They're probably better off offering a very high pay-out for girls that work 30 hours the first couple of months.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding things but it sounds like an okay deal to me. They're not asking models to work 30 hours for 60 dollars. They're essentially saying, work 30 hours in the specified week (which I guess might be more than a lot of cam girls might generally choose to log on cam, but at a shade over 4 hours a day doesn't sound wholly unreasonable), earn whatever you earn in tips, and we'll give you $60 for free. And if you decide you want to work more than 30 hours in that week, they'll give you more still.

To many models, the allure of $60 might not be worth the extra effort, but for a lot of people, $60 is still a fair amount of money and might be enough to inspire them to work five hours more that week than they might otherwise have worked :twocents-02cents:

EDIT: Alternately, what Fay said.

mynameisbob84 said:
Maybe I'm misunderstanding things but it sounds like an okay deal to me. They're not asking models to work 30 hours for 60 dollars. They're essentially saying, work 30 hours in the specified week (which I guess might be more than a lot of cam girls might generally choose to log on cam, but at a shade over 4 hours a day doesn't sound wholly unreasonable), earn whatever you earn in tips, and we'll give you $60 for free. And if you decide you want to work more than 30 hours in that week, they'll give you more still.

To many models, the allure of $60 might not be worth the extra effort, but for a lot of people, $60 is still a fair amount of money and might be enough to inspire them to work five hours more that week than they might otherwise have worked :twocents-02cents:
From what I see, this site doesn't get much traffic, or generate much in the way of tips. I've been watching for a little bit after seeing this and can already tell that even though the $2 free dollars for my hour would be nice, I will still make a LOT more on the site I'm already working on.

The way I see it is MyTubeCams is trying to get girls to go there to work. That's great, give us incentive. But we have to assume we will take a hit by moving over to that site. Not all of our members will follow us, and the members already on that site don't know us. For MyTubeCams to assume the hit we will take is worth $2 an hour is kind of an insult.

Edit: Plus, 30 hours is a substantial amount of time to put into something that's such a risk. If it was this bonus $/hour incentive without the minimum requirement, then maybe more girls would hop over there to give it a shot and see what the site's like. :?

Jillybean said:
mynameisbob84 said:

From what I see, this site doesn't get much traffic, or generate much in the way of tips. I've been watching for a little bit after seeing this and can already tell that even though the $2 free dollars for my hour would be nice, I will still make a LOT more on the site I'm already working on.

The way I see it is MyTubeCams is trying to get girls to go there to work. That's great, give us incentive. But we have to assume we will take a hit by moving over to that site. Not all of our members will follow us, and the members already on that site don't know us. For MyTubeCams to assume the hit we will take is worth $2 an hour is kind of an insult.

well, then don't go there ;)
I'm sure there are plenty girls to whom this would be an interesting deal, it's not if you're an established model, you probably wouldn't switch to ANY new camsite. Because no matter which one, you will be taking 10 steps back in traffic and tippers. no doubt about that.
so yeah, if you're making good money on established sites, nobody's expecting you to take a huge risk in trying a new site.

hoewever, if you're already hoovering around a 200 CS, camsplitting and/or working multiple sites at once and are interested in trying a new site, I think it's pretty neat with this one you're at least guaranteed 2 dollars instead of 0 dollars.

Jillybean said:
mynameisbob84 said:

Edit: Plus, 30 hours is a substantial amount of time to put into something that's such a risk. If it was this bonus $/hour incentive without the minimum requirement, then maybe more girls would hop over there to give it a shot and see what the site's like. :?

It obviously wouldn't be worth it for every model, especially those who are already established. But if a model were just starting out, she'd have little to lose.

I'm not saying it's deal of the century or that models should drop what they're doing on MFC or Streamate and run straight over there. But nor do I think what they're offering is insulting or anything. A guaranteed $2 an hour on top of whatever else is earned is exactly $2 more than MFC or Streamate offer their models after all.

EDIT: What Fay said... again :?

Reactions: AngelicTease
Fay_Galore said:
Don't mean to step on anyone's toes, but it's not all bad is it? Most, if not all, camsites don't offer a baseline income, so this is 'kind of' cool in my book. of course, if there's not traffic to begin with, it's not a great deal. but you're better off making nothing on here then making nothing on MFC ;) (and yes I understand at least MFC has traffic)

for a starting out website it's a nice incentive to come work for them, as I said, probably not a very effective one, but it's meant well. They're probably better off offering a very high pay-out for girls that work 30 hours the first couple of months.
I think it strikes me as tacky because their wording hypes it up to sound like a LOT of money. But it comes with a huge commitment

MyTubecamsAdmin said:
Are you tired of false promises to make money by working on a new site and then finding out that you are wasting your precious time on it and those bucks never show up?
Well now it is the time for a revolution in the video chat industry! [...] What is the catch you may ask? Well, are you ready?
MyTubecamsAdmin said:
You have to be online 30 hours per week minimum in available status
Engaging in conversation with everybody, even if they stay passive on free chat
Proactively chatting with guests and members, inviting them in private and encourage tipping
and it isn't even close to minimum wage (at least in the US).

30 hours is a lot of time to invest with only $60 guaranteed. If they're trying to attract engaging and alluring models to gain their site some traction, they certainly aren't appealing to the right market. Even MFC girls with sub 500 camscores are bringing in more than minimum wage per hour online (in the long run on average.) Saying a new girl or some girls "have little to lose"... 30 hours is a lot!

What they're offering isn't revolutionary.

AmberCutie said:
Saying a new girl or some girls "have little to lose"... 30 hours is a lot!

Exactly what I was going to say in response!

I would rather see a payment model where you're guaranteed at least $x/hour and if you don't make it, the site will compensate for the difference. Even if that $/hour isn't something I'd be interested in, I think that would be much more attractive and less scary to try.

Reactions: SexySteph and Gen
AmberCutie said:
30 hours is a lot of time to invest with only $60 guaranteed. If they're trying to attract engaging and alluring models to gain their site some traction, they certainly aren't appealing to the right market. Even MFC girls with sub 500 camscores are bringing in more than minimum wage per hour online (in the long run on average.) Saying a new girl or some girls "have little to lose"... 30 hours is a lot!

What they're offering isn't revolutionary.

It's certainly not revolutionary. I don't think it's intended to lure top models away from other sites though. I think it's just about encouraging the models they already have and the models who may be thinking of signing up to work 30 hours in that week instead of the 15 or 20 or 25 they had planned on working. The more models they have working at any one time, the better. And while I imagine 30 hours on cam is a lot of effort, it's not like any model working that would only be earning just $60. It's just an additional $60 (or more) on top of whatever they get tipped :twocents-02cents:

Reactions: PunkInDrublic
mynameisbob84 said:
And while I imagine 30 hours on cam is a lot of effort, it's not like any model working that would only be earning just $60. It's just an additional $60 (or more) on top of whatever they get tipped :twocents-02cents:
Jilly and I are assuming their traffic is poopy enough (why else would they be offering an hourly rate as incentive, they're so new and un-established) that anything much on top of the $60 is unlikely. Is their traffic better than what a page 3/4 MFC model experiences? No idea.

That is just an assumption, though. My only beef with the post was the flashy words "revolutionary!" and "there must be a catch this is too good!"

If ya ain't got nuthin' mo betta to do with 30 hours, why not? Give it a shot. But if you're trying to budget time and invest in a career as a cam girl, there might be 100 mo betta things to do than sit on a traffic-less site hoping to get lucky.

Let's say all new start-up sites give you pretty much equal chance of making good money (very little) wouldn't you guys agree a site that offers their models at least a (tiny) baseline income would be more interesting than a start-up site that gives you nothing at all?

íf you were to join a start-up at all, I still believe it's not a bad incentive.

I think this discussion seems to be more about weather or not to join a new unknown site, I think we can all agree that's a risk not many girls are likely to take (not even for $2 ;)) but as far as start-ups go, they're trying.

It's a bit of a chicken/egg situation for new camsites, no performers = no traffic, no traffic = no performers. Unless you find something that lures models to your site even with little traffic. Like a proper baseline income or huge percentage pay-out. But, It's probably not going to happen with a look-at-us-being-generous-we're-giving-you-two-whole-dollars! (or sending models a bottle of shampoo ;))

I haven't ever seen a start-up make it big myself, but they all gotta start somewhere.

I agree on the tone though, it's not revolutionary and it's not the deal of a lifetime. but IMO saying it's an insult seems a bit much too.

Fay_Galore said:
It's a bit of a chicken/egg situation for new camsites, no performers = no traffic, no traffic = no performers. Unless you find something that lures models to your site even with little traffic. Like a proper baseline income or huge percentage pay-out. But, It's probably not going to happen with a look-at-us-being-generous-we're-giving-you-two-whole-dollars! (or sending models a bottle of shampoo ;))

[...]

I agree on the tone though, it's not revolutionary and it's not the deal of a lifetime. but IMO saying it's an insult seems a bit much too.
:lol:

It's not the worst incentive, I suppose. I don't know if anyone said it's an insult. Tacky, is all. Just like the bottles of shampoo. :lol:

Is this site highly private based orrrrr?
Because I have seen 0 paying members since I've been looking around, and I just clicked on a girl who has been on for 6 hours and 41 minutes and her two top tips are 10 tokens and 5 tokens, and it looks like those are her only tips at all.
I mean sure $2 is an "okay deal" but if there is no paying traffic otherwise. :?

Traffic is key, I agree (and I always have a rhyme, right on time :? ). If the traffic isn't there, then it won't be worth it. But I don't see anything wrong with the $2 an hour thing. If there's a problem with the site, it's that the traffic isn't there, and not that they're only offering two extra complimentary dollars per hour worked, instead of five or ten (especially when the competition is offering zero).

AmberCutie said:
Even MFC girls with sub 500 camscores are bringing in more than minimum wage per hour online (in the long run on average.)

This! My camscore is around 300, and I average just over minimum wage when camming consistently. A good week on MFC would be making $8 an hour. $2 guaranteed with maybe more would be too much of a gamble, even that far down on the scale.

What does MFC offer you? $0 per hour? Methinks you're all getting far too hung up on the idea of "WHAT? THAT'S OUTRAGEOUS!1!" - because the sites you currently work on are so much better at offering a minimum per hour rate irrespective of what happens!

I have a friend who's boyfriend works full time in Ro for $200 a month. It's unskilled work - and he is below the average wage -but that's less than this $2 an hour lark (equivalent). Yet he works that job because he was unemployed for several years and they're really struggling.

Put it into perspective - it's an awful/degrading amount to most US folks. For others, not so much. And since they will at least get something for the hours if no-one tips, then it's not a complete waste of time. Evidently they'd hope to get tips (and not to rely upon the $2 an hour amount). In reality, at least they know there's some hope if they're having a really shit day/week.

I think some lose sight of how things are for other areas of the world...

However, primarily it's a marketing move. No site will work if it's empty because there's no business. Just getting 10 girls nearly always online may be the difference between make/break it.

p.s Camscore is never reliable. I know girls with 2k camscore who've sometimes made barely 300 tokens in 2-3 hours.

Zoomer said:
What does MFC offer you? $0 per hour? Methinks you're all getting far too hung up on the idea of "WHAT? THAT'S OUTRAGEOUS!1!" - because the sites you currently work on are so much better at offering a minimum per hour rate irrespective of what happens!

I have a friend who's boyfriend works full time in Ro for $200 a month. It's unskilled work - and he is below the average wage -but that's less than this $2 an hour lark (equivalent). Yet he works that job because he was unemployed for several years and they're really struggling.

Put it into perspective - it's an awful/degrading amount to most US folks. For others, not so much. And since they will at least get something for the hours if no-one tips, then it's not a complete waste of time. Evidently they'd hope to get tips (and not to rely upon the $2 an hour amount). In reality, at least they know there's some hope if they're having a really shit day/week.

I think some lose sight of how things are for other areas of the world...

However, primarily it's a marketing move. No site will work if it's empty because there's no business. Just getting 10 girls nearly always online may be the difference between make/break it.

p.s Camscore is never reliable. I know girls with 2k camscore who've sometimes made barely 300 tokens in 2-3 hours.

This is all true, but the OP is appealing to the wrong audience here on ACF.
Would be better finding a forum targeting people in far lower-income countries. There aren't many American/Canadian/Western European girls (though maybe there are some? I don't know) that are willing to put in 30 hours for $60.

It would probably be better to offer the $2 to dudes who sign up as some kind of incentive to keep buying. Take the $60 per model and spend it to get paying traffic. Give them 10 to spend for signing up and buying tokens. Keep offering bits of that $60 if they buy more tokens. The money still goes to the girls and, if your site isn't total crap, catches you traffic. $2 an hour won't be worth it for anyone, but it will add up as an expense.

caireen said:
There aren't many American/Canadian/Western European girls (though maybe there are some? I don't know) that are willing to put in 30 hours for $60.
lol huh? Not like they would be working 30 hours to make 60 bucks. Would just be a tiny bonus on top of what the model makes if she does put in 30 hours. Maybe I'm missing something here but it sounds way better than what most smaller sites offer.

Just to be clear: I am not saying it's an insult or an awful deal to offer $2/hour. I'm saying it isn't revolutionary and a huge freakin' deal the way the verbiage in the post came across.

I am only poking fun at the delivery of the information, not the information itself. The delivery was what made quite a few of us think that the $2 was a typo.
Zoomer said:
That's why I made sure to note "on the average" because over all of their time worked, if they average a 2000 camscore, they had great days to offset the shitty ones. :)
PunkInDrublic said:
caireen said:
There aren't many American/Canadian/Western European girls (though maybe there are some? I don't know) that are willing to put in 30 hours for $60.
lol huh? Not like they would be working 30 hours to make 60 bucks. Would just be a tiny bonus on top of what the model makes if she does put in 30 hours. Maybe I'm missing something here but it sounds way better than what most smaller sites offer.
We're all going off of the assumption that they have little to no paying traffic. So the possibility of them making nothing on top of the $60 seems relatively high. (Again, only assumptions, due to them offering to pay girls to be there.)

Status
Not open for further replies.