AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

anon_tips on chaturbate?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 21, 2024
What is anon_tips and why are so many tips on CB from here? Are people tipping anonymously? Why?

BTW, how do you tip anonymously on CB?

What is anon_tips and why are so many tips on CB from here? Are people tipping anonymously? Why?

BTW, how do you tip anonymously on CB?

The model knows who tipped, they don't want the rest of the room to know.

You see the little arrow on the right side of the send tip button? You click that but you need to be a supporter.

Reactions: hermes377
The model knows who tipped, they don't want the rest of the room to know.

You see the little arrow on the right side of the send tip button? You click that but you need to be a supporter.
Lovense software betrays this and sends the user info to the entire room.

BTW, I've been curious for a while now, I know you have those dating scraping sites for keeping track of models online but have you ever actually broadcast as a verified user or own a studio or something because your answers are often very viewer-side esque and not at all as an experienced broadcaster.

Lovense software betrays this and sends the user info to the entire room.

BTW, I've been curious for a while now, I know you have those dating scraping sites for keeping track of models online but have you ever actually broadcast as a verified user or own a studio or something because your answers are often very viewer-side esque and not at all as an experienced broadcaster.

Which answers would that be? All viewers that tip anonymously know that lovense will still say the name.

No they don't.

Nice that you dodge my question about your own activities on CB.
....everyone can see it happen they might not notice it but the person trying to tip anonymously is going to notice when it happens.

I have never answered questions like that because i just want to be known as a site owner. API processing is not considered scraping.

....everyone can see it happen they might not notice it but the person trying to tip anonymously is going to notice when it happens.

I have never answered questions like that because i just want to be known as a site owner. API processing is not considered scraping.
If a model isn't using the lovense animations they can't see who the anon tipper is on any platform, that's kinda the whole point of it. 🙄

Why would you answer so confidently something that is incorrect?

Reactions: Vixxen81
If a model isn't using the lovense animations they can't see who the anon tipper is on any platform, that's kinda the whole point of it. 🙄

Yep Agree GIF by chelsiekenyon

The lovense extension for chrome and the obs overlay revealed the information, I wasnt aware they fixed that.

You stated it as if it was a known fact and that's simply not true.

No one finds out that Lovense reveals the user name to the room until the try to tip anonymously in a room running Lovense proprietary software.

Because of this people learn not to tip anonymously in Lovense rooms, which is a real drag because some of us are missing out on potentially great tips.

You stated it as if it was a known fact and that's simply not true.

No one finds out that Lovense reveals the user name to the room until the try to tip anonymously in a room running Lovense proprietary software.

Because of this people learn not to tip anonymously in Lovense rooms, which is a real drag because some of us are missing out on potentially great tips.
....It is a well known fact.

Everyone in the room can see it happen even if they probably won't pay attention

Edit: "Which answers would that be? All viewers that tip anonymously know that lovense will still say the name."

The whole statement was in response to "viewer-side esque" since you posted that in this thread it seemed like you were implying that viewers don't know that.

Last edited:
Anyway an explanation from a guy I knew who tried to tip anonymously, was that he tipped generously in a room of a lady that often made number 1 in the charts each hour and found more then once other girls he followed, saw him in there and got angry that he wasnt giving them as many tips or not in their room so he went anonymous but unfortunately the lush app she got and the roll dice app gave away who he was.

Yeah that's a shitty thing to happen with the Lovense software... if I tip anonymously in a room I expect it to actually remain that way. I think the only viewers who'd "know" that it happens have been around a long time and already tried it themselves. It would only be "a well known fact" to chronically present viewers.

That's unfortunate :(
Some of my hugest tippers (on MFC) only tipped Anon because they didn't like the attention from golddiggin' models seeing their name tip in the room.

Anyway an explanation from a guy I knew who tried to tip anonymously, was that he tipped generously in a room of a lady that often made number 1 in the charts each hour and found more then once other girls he followed, saw him in there and got angry that he wasnt giving them as many tips or not in their room so he went anonymous but unfortunately the lush app she got and the roll dice app gave away who he was.
Yep that too.
Some of my hugest tippers (on MFC) only tipped Anon because they didn't like the attention from golddiggin' models seeing their name tip in the room.

Yeah that's a shitty thing to happen with the Lovense software... if I tip anonymously in a room I expect it to actually remain that way. I think the only viewers who'd "know" that it happens have been around a long time and already tried it themselves. It would only be "a well known fact" to chronically present viewers.

Exactly. I had one guy lay out a huge tip anonymously...except it wasn't and he never did it again in my room. The tip history showed it as anonymous with no user name, which I thought was really cool IF it worked properly through Lovense. There's a way to set up messages without the [tipper's name] but just as many people want their name in lights as there are who want to play in the shadows. It's unfortunate for both sides.

....It is a well known fact.

Everyone in the room can see it happen even if they probably won't pay attention

Edit: "Which answers would that be? All viewers that tip anonymously know that lovense will still say the name."

The whole statement was in response to "viewer-side esque" since you posted that in this thread it seemed like you were implying that viewers don't know that.
It is not a well known fact. Good lord. If it were a well known fact this thread wouldn't even exist.

There's a way to set up messages without the [tipper's name] but just as many people want their name in lights as there are who want to play in the shadows. It's unfortunate for both sides.
Totally, there's no one setting that makes all the tipper types happy.

Some love their name in lights (love the fan signs, shout outs in the room, being on top tipper lists, etc.), others want to be totally private, and yet others don't give 2 shits about it and just want the model to have their tokens regardless. :D

That's a good point too. Older menu and game apps that announce prizes often display the tipper's name. V2 apps can tell if a tip was anonymous and mask the name but not all do.

Who is "they"?

CB, v1 apps and bots use an on tip function, the apps and bots are asking cb who the "from_user" (tipper) is and CB is responding to that with the real tippers name? thats weird, and you would think that was just a big oversight but looking at the function documentation they actually put a boolean (true or false) variable called is_anon_tip so instead of just responding to "from_user" with anonymous they made it the authors responsibility to code a condition and handle changing the text for anonymous tippers.

🤷‍♂️ can't imagine why they would have handled it like that.

• Helpful!
Reactions: ElGato
CB, v1 apps and bots use an on tip function, the apps and bots are asking cb who the "from_user" (tipper) is and CB is responding to that with the real tippers name? thats weird, and you would think that was just a big oversight but looking at the function documentation they actually put a boolean (true or false) variable called is_anon_tip so instead of just responding to "from_user" with anonymous they made it the authors responsibility to code a condition and handle changing the text for anonymous tippers.

Thank you for explaining that. It's insightful. I can understand why they would leave it up to the author just as an "it's not our problem" scenario which CB largely likes to do in terms of helpfulness. I'm running a V2 app and while I doubt I'll be able to snag an anon tipper, I'm going to change my Lovense messages to not reveal the tippers name in chat (generic thank you messages for each level) to see if that makes anyone bite. Curious if the Lovense panel on the overlay will still betray it.

Edit: Lovense panel betrays but chat is neutral on test tips. And for some reason I only have three text panels for 5 levels.

Last edited:

Dynamics of corporate development meetings (been there) :

Team member back-and-forth:
>"We have this idea that's going to make tippers really happy :)"
<"It's gonna break apps and make broadcasters unhappy"
>"No it won't, we're going to cripple the feature a little"
<"But won't that make tippers unhappy?"
>"Well maybe, but it's still a really cool idea"

Management looks up from phone:
"So, if we're all good on this, let's do it. Is everybody in for the lottery pool?"

Dynamics of corporate development meetings (been there) :

Team member back-and-forth:
>"We have this idea that's going to make tippers really happy :)"
<"It's gonna break apps and make broadcasters unhappy"
>"No it won't, we're going to cripple the feature a little"
<"But won't that make tippers unhappy?"
>"Well maybe, but it's still a really cool idea"

Management looks up from phone:
"So, if we're all good on this, let's do it. Is everybody in for the lottery pool?"
Nailed it!!!

now I get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.