AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Am I being Scammed?- New model question

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 12, 2012
Hi models! Yesterday was my first day and it was great, I received fabulous attention.

I've noticed the other models on the sight are super helpful and supportive and I heard this is a great community to join. That's why when a model messaged me yesterday telling me I should consider a manager to help me, and offered the person she works with, I followed through. However I just have a bad feeling I could get totally had! I ended up "auditioning" for a guy named Zach who says he manages girls for a hobby. He had me sign an agreement to work with him. Then he asked me for my password to help manage and set up my profile. Then I quickly realized how stupid that was and I changed my password before he could access anything.

Is this legit or is this totally a scam to steal my tokens or sabotage my life?

His management company's name is Zachary's Girls. I was told he works with about 10 girls at a time and they are usually in the top hundred. Could anyone verify this?

And then if he is legit, he sounds knowledgable, and I would be happy to work with him. If you happen to know him or work with him, let me know how it was.

Thank you :D

Reactions: AssCork
:woops:

Yup, you've been had. Sounds like some guy now has your real personal info, IP address etc and potentially access to your account. And was this "audition" by any chance a free show?

An analogy: "Hi there Deep, I am really experienced with having a bank account. If you give me your account number and passwords and I'll make you rich on the stock market. Ive never actually invested before, but Ive watched stuff about it on TV. Ive helped lots of people get rich, its my hobby since Im so nice. So just send me a grand to get started with along with your account access info and I'll get your started."

There are lots of guys who will claim they can make u rich bb, (some may even honestly think they can help), but a customer who has never done the type of work is not going to know better than people who have actually done it. And I think you'll find that other models are not going to ask anything of you in exchange for advice based on our own personal experience.

Please check your security logs to see if the account has been accessed by anyone else, make sure that the email address on the account hasnt been changed and send screen shots of the chat logs to MFC. In the future I hope you'll treat your MFC account like your social insurance number.

Ok, I'm not trying to sound mean, but please girls don't give out your information. Even your password to your profile gives info about yourself. And be wary of anyone who wants to "help". I can't tell you how many guys claimed they couldn't possibly help me on MFC, but would require us to Skype together to teach me what I should be doing. :naughty:

Yeah, don't do that :)

The majority of guys offering "help" either aren't in a position to help or are just plain trying to scam you out of a free show

Even if they legitimately are in a position to help you (unlikely, but just about possible), they would never ever have any need for you password. Never ever ever :snooty: They can have the best advice in the world, they don't need your password to give you that advice, ya know?

If a guy wants to help you out as part of his hobby, he sure as shit doesn't need you to sign anything. Hobbies tend not to require contracts.

In short, yeah, I'd say it's 9.9999999% likely you've been duped. But live and learn, eh?

If a MODEL messaged you to start with, you need to send a copy of the email to MFC support. Because obviously, this "model" isn't really a model. Otherwise, it's good that you changed your pswd fast enough. They might not have had time to log in yet. But make sure that the email address and any other accounts for your modeling (Twitter, FB, etc) don't have the same pswd as the one you gave that guy.

Good luck!

I_Am_Iris said:
If a MODEL messaged you to start with, you need to send a copy of the email to MFC support. Because obviously, this "model" isn't really a model. Otherwise, it's good that you changed your pswd fast enough. They might not have had time to log in yet. But make sure that the email address and any other accounts for your modeling (Twitter, FB, etc) don't have the same pswd as the one you gave that guy.

Good luck!

Its entirely possible that it came from a real model account (if OP knows how to tell) but some models are stupid or could be in cahoots with this dude. In any case, MFC definitely should know about her.

OMGOSH HOW COULD I HAVE BEEN SO BLIND??!! lol, but seriously, I hope I nipped this in the bud in time and I won't be dragged into legal trouble. I also don't want any trouble on the site.

Thank you all for your replies, your wisdom has been engrained ! And anyways after being on MFC just for a day, I feel confident to run my own site very well. Also that you gals are real enough to talk to each other and support each other. I don't think I'll be needing a manager anytime soon and I'll probably have more fun doing it all my way :D !!!

-M

Reactions: theguitarrist
DeepMoan said:
Hi models! Yesterday was my first day and it was great, I received fabulous attention.

I've noticed the other models on the sight are super helpful and supportive and I heard this is a great community to join. That's why when a model messaged me yesterday telling me I should consider a manager to help me, and offered the person she works with, I followed through. However I just have a bad feeling I could get totally had! I ended up "auditioning" for a guy named Zach who says he manages girls for a hobby. He had me sign an agreement to work with him. Then he asked me for my password to help manage and set up my profile. Then I quickly realized how stupid that was and I changed my password before he could access anything.

Is this legit or is this totally a scam to steal my tokens or sabotage my life?

His management company's name is Zachary's Girls. I was told he works with about 10 girls at a time and they are usually in the top hundred. Could anyone verify this?

And then if he is legit, he sounds knowledgable, and I would be happy to work with him. If you happen to know him or work with him, let me know how it was.

Thank you :D

Say, you wouldn't be in the market to buy a bridge, would you?

Reactions: curvyredhead
You'll find that cam girls don't really need "managers".
Aside from a supportive significant other, or a hired personal assistant, most girls fly solo. There are a ton of resources to study here so you get off on the right foot. As a model you're self employed, own it!

DeepMoan said:
OMGOSH HOW COULD I HAVE BEEN SO BLIND??!! lol, but seriously, I hope I nipped this in the bud in time and I won't be dragged into legal trouble. I also don't want any trouble on the site.

Thank you all for your replies, your wisdom has been engrained ! And anyways after being on MFC just for a day, I feel confident to run my own site very well. Also that you gals are real enough to talk to each other and support each other. I don't think I'll be needing a manager anytime soon and I'll probably have more fun doing it all my way :D !!!

-M

It is good that you caught on fast enough to change your password. I will suggest a couple of things to check. Make sure they did not change your email address for password resets and that whatever option you are using to get paid has not been changed. I would also contact MFC support, so they are aware of this happening so if anything does go wrong you might have some recourse with them. Good luck on MFC. :thumbleft:

Jessi said:
I_Am_Iris said:

Good luck!

Its entirely possible that it came from a real model account (if OP knows how to tell) but some models are stupid or could be in cahoots with this dude. In any case, MFC definitely should know about her.

It's quite possible that he scammed *another* model into getting her password/user info as well, and then used that account to contact the OP. Yikes.

Reactions: IsabellaSnow
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but for people of the future reading this thread:

There is no reason anyone, including your "manager", needs access to your account.

On MyFreeCams, studio models sign up under a special studio account. Nobody except you should ever log in to your individual account.

If you later on decide to work with a manager or a studio, if they want access to your account, you can create a new studio account through them.

Remember that when someone logs in to your personal account, they have access to your IP address, bank information, home address, legal name, and a whole host of other terrifying information. I would not be surprised if some people would be able to get the photocopies of your passport or drivers license, social security number, and other info from accessing your model account.

♥ If they say they need to review your information, ask them what they need and copy the records to them.
♥ If they say they want to improve or clean up your profile, ask them to write out the changes and paste them in to your profile on your own.
♥ The Model Admin interface is not difficult to navigate or use. If they say they need to do something "difficult", or they won't explain what needs to be done, they're flat out lying.

♥ If someone just expects you to hand over your model account, I would not trust them as a manager or helper.

Also...
♥ You do not need to "audition" to become a part of a studio, ESPECIALLY if the "audition" is you getting naked or performing sexual or erotic acts over Skype.
♥ Ask the studio or manager for the address to his website and social networking sites. If his Internet-based company that exists only on the Internet and makes money only on the Internet doesn't have a website and Twitter account, I call scammer.
♥ Ask your potential studio or manager for a list of all the girls working on your website that they are with. Message those women personally and ask them for their experiences. If the studio starts to claim, "well we mostly work through Chaturbate, you will be our only MFC model," run away.
♥ Don't rush things. Wait a few days to hear back from all the models. Do your research. If the studio starts pressuring you to make a choice, that sounds suspicious to me. If you say, "I'm waiting to hear back from all the models you work with and get more information about your company," and they have any issue with that whatsoever, then they are likely not legit.
If your studio or manager claims they do it as a "hobby," run far, far away. For many models, this is our life, our careers, and our livelihood. Are you going to trust your well-being with someone who does this as a "hobby?

Something to ask yourself:

What are they going to to for me that I can't do for myself, and what do they want for it?

Setting up and managing an account are not hard. Its designed to be easy, ANYONE can start camming, thats part of why camsites work- they have SO many models. Actually being good at it is a mix of talent and experience. Those aren't things some dude who lurks chatrooms all the time can teach you. If you REALLY are so incompetent that setting up some lamps, setting up your camera, and dealing with your account are difficult, then perhaps you should look for a different line of work and consider taking an adult computer learning course.

I had that today too, the dude was skyping me (which is weird because I only give my skype adress for tokens) The dude says he was refered to me by a scout on MFC who had seen one of my shows. He said he was the partial manager of Model Mayhem, so I started talking with him, he asked me questions like what's your height, mesurement, stand up blah blah. But when he started asking me to hump a pillow and moan I knew their was something fishy. So I just asked him why? Then he turn his cam on and he was masturbating, I was like ok really professional...douchebag

NEVER let anyone into your account for ANY reason - your social security number is there, if you are American. Goodbye identity. That's super scary!

Kinda off topic but - If you think anyone is phishing by sending you a link in your mfc mail, email, twitter.. go immediately change your password. Change it often, don't let your identity be stolen.

Status
Not open for further replies.