AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Wish list question

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 20, 2012
Hello!

My amazon wishlist displays my location, is there a way to change that? I've looked around and cannot figure it out. If not how do you ladies handle that, do you consider it a safety issue?

Nope, there's not a way to change that as far as I can tell.

You could get a P.O. Box in a town that's sort of near you, but there are still a lot of risks with that.

E-gift cards are nice and only require your personal camming email address. :)

I will never understand WHY Amazon feels the need to let the guy who buys you something know about your city+state. It's so unneccessary.
As far as I know, edenfantasys doesn't do that, and lovehoney.co.uk are in the process of taking the city from people's wishlists, too.

Reactions: 1 person
I have sent many wishlist presents, I usually see that the model's complete address is hidden, but that I am given the option of sending my gift to:

Model X
(address hidden)

I have no idea how they enable that option, however.

ComicOzzie said:
I have sent many wishlist presents, I usually see that the model's complete address is hidden, but that I am given the option of sending my gift to:

Model X
(address hidden)

Was that on Amazon?? :shock:

From what I understand, if something if bought from your wishlist via amazon, then they aren't going to give away your address. BUT there is a feature if you buy from third-party sellers. That's where the risk of your address leaking out comes up. Here's what the page says:

Third-party item shipping
At Amazon.com, third-party sellers (i.e., sellers other than Amazon) offer many items. If you instruct Amazon to share your Wish List shipping address with these third-party sellers, then customers can purchase items for you off your Wish Lists that are sold by these sellers and have them automatically sent to your confidential Wish List shipping address.

If you choose to enable this feature, you acknowledge that Amazon will provide the seller of your item with your Wish List shipping address, and the seller may disclose this address to the buyer (for example, when sending the buyer a purchase confirmation). Further, because an item may often be purchased from more than one seller, the sellers offering the item at the time of purchase may be different than the sellers offering the item when you placed the item on your Wish List.

If you decide not to enable this feature, customers purchasing items for you that are sold by sellers other than Amazon will be required to enter your shipping address.

There's also a little check box underneath this that let's you enable or disable this feature.

I allow access to third-party merchants because I use someone else's P.O. Box and my name (both real and fake) aren't tacked to the address at all.

If you want to enable/disable this feature, it can be found in the 'Edit your wishlist' page.

I got rid of my Amazon wishlist because of the whole showing my city and state I live in. Yeah, they won't get my address but I'm not comfortable with knowing my city. I don't know why Amazon can't just hide the information.

Even if you get something directly from Amazon (not a 3rd party), it's possible that the shipping company (UPS, FedEx, OnTrac, etc) will show the address on their own tracking page. Amazon provides the buyer with a tracking number for the shipping company that's being used, thus, they have access to the entire address.

LilyMarie said:
ComicOzzie said:

Model X
(address hidden)

Was that on Amazon?? :shock:

Yep.

Thank you for all the replies and suggestions, I'll take those into consideration. I haven't really gotten people wanting to buy off my list anyways. I may just take it down and make that decision when someone actually wants to buy me something.

I don't actually know a whole lot of models who get much off of their wish list, but all of the ones that I do know received requests to make them. It's interesting.

Jessi said:
Edenfantasys now shows name and province/state.
Wow. There was no reason for them to do that. I wonder how many camgirls' wishlists they're going to lose over that.

Reactions: 1 person
Amber did mention this, but I will say it again.
Even when you only allow gifts from amazon (not third party) it is possible for the shipping company to give out the information. I like to send gifts, rather then tip. I urge all models to at the very least, not use your real name.

Reactions: AmberCutie
Edens Fantasy is the one I use for my wishlist. I have a "company mailbox" in a different city so it's not the biggest deal to me, but I'd still like for my info to be kept private so I don't bother with amazon.

I just had a guy send me something off EF and I got an email with the shipping info and it showed:
Sally Smith (obviously not my real name, but lets pretend)
Nicole Lovez (which was my original cam name and the name on my company mailbox)
1234 Cool Street (mailbox address)
Coolsville, British Columbia, A1B 2C3, CA (mailbox city, province, postal code, country)

So I panicked and emailed him asking what info he could see and this is what it said on his email:
Nicole Lovez
British Columbia, CA

So if you want to hide your province/state then EF isn't a good choice anymore, but they still protect a lot of info.

Also it doesn't show us the senders personal info, so it protects both parties which I think is nice.
This is what it said for billing address:
CoolestUserNameEver (username of the buyer)
New York, USA (state and country)

I'm wondering about Edenfantasys.com -- there's a Gift Registry option on your wish list page now. Not sure if that was always there or not, but I hadn't noticed it before. It defaults to inactive, but if you click on the activate link it pops up with a little note that says "Your name and shipping address will stay private. Only screen name "XXXXXXX" and shipping state will be released to a gift giver." Then it allows you to select a shipping address. So hmmmmmm.

PlayboyMegan said:
You can get a PO box in a city close to yours, but not yours. Then have a friend pick up the packages from there and give them to you.

With a PO Box, wouldn't you have to use your real name for it in case you have to show ID when picking a package up? (I am in Canada), just curious how that would work?

You need to use a real name for a PO Box or have it set up as an LLC which is $100 or something in addition I believe.

You may be able to get away with just using your first name and surname initial.

The security risk usually comes from the suppliers rather than larger sites like amazon, when they send receipts. Avoid selections on your wishlists from smaller suppliers if possible, best to stick with larger ones.

Maniac said:
The security risk usually comes from the suppliers rather than larger sites like amazon, when they send receipts. Avoid selections on your wishlists from smaller suppliers if possible, best to stick with larger ones.

You have to tell Amazon not to give your address to third party sellers. People can ship you anything on Amazon unless you do that.

AmberCutie said:
Even if you get something directly from Amazon (not a 3rd party), it's possible that the shipping company (UPS, FedEx, OnTrac, etc) will show the address on their own tracking page. Amazon provides the buyer with a tracking number for the shipping company that's being used, thus, they have access to the entire address.
Just going to keep re-quoting this since I feel it keeps getting missed.

Also, you can use a UPS box instead of a USPS PO box. USPS requires real name to be listed and it is public information, but UPS will not divulge a real name on one of their boxes, and you can list aliases that pkgs will come in for so they know it's for you.

jeska said:
PlayboyMegan said:
You can get a PO box in a city close to yours, but not yours. Then have a friend pick up the packages from there and give them to you.

With a PO Box, wouldn't you have to use your real name for it in case you have to show ID when picking a package up? (I am in Canada), just curious how that would work?

I had a PO Box in Vancouver, not with Canada Post but with a private company (it was kinda like Mailboxes Etc), and as long as I had the key to open the box and the slip that said there was a package waiting they never asked me for ID. All of my packages came in as "Caireen XXX" or something silly like that but it was never any problem other than the staff thinking that I had a major online shopping addiction at one point.
I even gave the key to a friend when I went away and she picked up my stuff for me.

Reactions: jeska
jeska said:
PlayboyMegan said:

I'm not sure how it works there, but in my case the account is set up with my real name but the business name is Lacie La Plante and both myself and my boyfriend are able to show our IDs to pick up packages for the business. I am using a UPS box.

Reactions: jeska
LacieLaPlante said:
jeska said:
PlayboyMegan said:

I'm not sure how it works there, but in my case the account is set up with my real name but the business name is Lacie La Plante and both myself and my boyfriend are able to show our IDs to pick up packages for the business. I am using a UPS box.

was ups expensive to rent a box?

jeska said:
LacieLaPlante said:
jeska said:
PlayboyMegan said:

was ups expensive to rent a box?

sorry and did you just make up a business name? or that's an actual set up business?

LacieLaPlante said:
It was like $110 for 3 months and I have not registered the business, no, I just basically told the guy working there that I would be getting packages for "Lacie LaPlante" because that was the business name. They just went with it.

Same here. $110 for three months... It's UPS and they email me when a package arrives. I just open my box with my key and present them with the slip and they give me my packages. I told them the packages would be under my cam name and they didn't bat an eyelash. I also like that you only need to have the key to pick up packages. LOL... I have sent my dad a couple of times to retrieve my packages... he probably thinks I don't like getting packages at the house... he doesn't ask a lot of questions. I haven't gotten anything sexual shipped to me yet... so I don't even mind opening them up in front of him, if I know what it is. I recently got an I Heart Patron tank top, an apron, bacon socks, bacon frosting, zebra socks, Glee Karaoke Wii game, and a Just Dance Wii Game. I'm excited as I should be receiving an OhMiBod sound/app activated vibrator very soon... better open that by myself!

I have a PO Box at a post office. Mine is $136/year but the price depends on the size of the box and which post office it's at. Still, it's a lot cheaper than some of the other options. My box is too small to fit most packages, but they just leave a card saying I have a package waiting and I pick it up at the counter.

My box is registered in my name and my girlfriend's name, but I have at times received things with other names. At least at my post office they don't care what the name is. If it's addressed to my box, then they consider it mine. I suppose it might depend on the post office; it wouldn't hurt to ask at your local post office whether they would care.

The only downside is that you can only get stuff delivered via USPS. No FedEx (unless the package is sent via FedEx SmartPost, in which case it _can_ go to a PO Box!) or UPS.

Both Amazon and EdenFantasys will use USPS to send stuff to PO Boxes. (In fact, the main use of mine is to receive stuff from EF. I live with family members whom I don't want seeing my 'adult' purchases.)

Status
Not open for further replies.