AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Using an app for a raffle?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

How would you run a raffle

• Paper tickets in a fishbowl

• Go digital with the app

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 8, 2016
Hey everyone!

I've been helping out a few models set up things like games, topics, and whatnot, and lately I've been helping one set up a raffle. I've noticed that there are a few apps that can be used for raffles, but I'm not sure how members would react to it. I suppose it can be done simply with paper and a fishbowl, but making it digital would be much easier to track and manage. Any input or feedback would be appreciated.

I've done 2 'digital' raffles, where you input all the usernames, how many tickets each gets, and it randomly chooses one. However, members on camsites are typically extremely jealous and will complain that models are cheating regardless of how the model does the raffle. But it's tenfold when it's done electronically. I think a girl's trusting regulars would be ok with an electronic raffle, but new guys would moan and complain more than usual. It'd be up to her if she wanted to potentially lose out on those guys' repeat ticket purchases.

I agree with Iris that the low-tech is the way to go. The ability to 'cheat' is exactly the same with either method, but the perception is much worse for the digital equivalent.

Working in tech, and knowing this, I STILL am just a tiny bit skeptical when a girl has a digital 'wheel' instead of a physical one for her room. So I'm one of the idiots that just feels better with the physical game. :facepalm:

On a medium like a cam site where things are already so intangible to members, at least being able to see physical tickets (and prize wheels/etc) helps bring some extra physicality and connection to the table. In the same sense, many members seem more excited to see their name written on paper, put up on the wall, written on a model's body instead of being posted on her profile when they are the high tipper or whatnot.

In a world that's highly digital, seeing physical items as a result of something you do seems to have an impact.

I also think the physical action of watching the girl writing names on tickets and putting them in a bowl adds excitement.

I find that guys on cam sites prefer as much transparency as possible in raffles, games, and all other transactions. I, personally, wouldn't rely on a digital option.

The few times i've gone digital rather than the traditional ticket in bowl method, i made a point during advertising to mention it as a "green raffle" my room recognizes me as a big tree hugger and going out of my way to make a point of, "look at how much better this is for the environment" seemed to make people support it more.

To encourage repeat buying in future raffles transparency is required.

It somewhat depends how the draw is done, if a digital app is used and the entry list is scrolled through and the select button shown live I would trust an app more. Its pretty obvious that some physical raffled are cooked, and some leave large doubts, for example those done offline, those where some raffles can be removed or desired winning tickets can be placed. Glass jars and alike where the tickets are visible are good, also a good mix up before drawing goes over well.

Something to consider is the amount of time it takes a model to write out raffle tickets, I know at least one model that seems to often spend a day a month offline to write out tickets, that seems a waste.

I voted digital, although it's far from ideal.

I prefer paper tickets in a raffle as well, because it does seem more honest with visible tickets going into the jar and coming out (though admittedly plenty of time to change the jar and/or the contents). However, I prefer CharlesBot for the guess-the-number game, because I actually trust it more than the model glancing at a note that I can't see or just stating from her own memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.