AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

UK Tax and information

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 27, 2015
Europe
Hello!

I have recently moved into the UK and don't know much about the taxes and how they work here. So if any input regarding it, that'd help loads!

I have made about £60-80 pounds so far and read regarding paying taxes. I just wanna know if it's worth the trouble since I only do it every now and then, also I'm just reconsidering stop modelling that is why. :S
But if it's a piece of cake then surely I will continue..

I have no job myself personally, I live together with my boyfriend. He has a job which he helps out paying food,bills so of course I feel a bit shitty and wanna make some own money for myself.

Will I have to pay taxes for the £60-80 I made and also when if possible?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Yeah, haha. I sat there reading and just thought it would be easier to ask the girls here. ^^;

I read the part about the personal allowance, regarding like your own income. Is that if I make that or above within a year, then I'll have to pay 20-25% tax off the money I make off here? (Just so I am prepared to put money aside!)
Also will I have to file in the form if I decide eventually that this is what I wanna do?

Just slightly confusing sorry!

You will need to apply as self employed, after the tax free allowance you will be taxed 20% then after a certain amount 40%.

The best practice is to save 20% of your monthly earnings but if you don't earn over the allowance then you will have a nice savings pot at the end of the tax year. Either way you will need to declare your earning at the end of the tax year

I'm still trying to figure this out myself haha. I know you have to register as a sole trader within a certain time frame of starting your business, but I can't remember the details exactly. Most of it should be on that link though. What I'm still trying to figure out is how to describe my business and its services...

Just one little thingy. Keep receipts for anything camming related you might buy. You can write it off as expenses in your tax return.

Currently I am quite new to this haha, I received a letter regarding the cheque and all so yeah, I'm putting those away as well for safety. I feel much better asking about it though, just new to all this. ^^ Loving the community and people I've spoken to so far.

@CherryChu Filing in what you do in the business and all.. yeah I am afraid I'm in the same situation, xD No clue what to say.

You can check your earnings on the Account Activity from when you FIRST started I think?
It will be a long scroll for you but should say there if you check the dates you have done, then do a list of how much you made monthly.
Write up a estimated amount that you have made monthly then use this to count estimated tax amount that you'd have to pay.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/tools/sa-ready-reckoner/calculator.htm

The form you got to fill in is really easy so don't worry about it. Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.