AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Turn Off Tip Sound

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have windows 7, you can mute any sound that comes from the MFC software, or the chrome window, depending on if you're using the software or web browser. Click on the little speaker icon in your taskbar and click "mixer", scroll over to which item you'd like to mute, and adjust accordingly.

If you have a source for your music outside of your MFC computer, you can just mute all your sound.

Other than that, there is no built in way. Sorry!

Oh ok, I was hoping I could get away with working while my roommie is home but since I'm using linux I seem to be getting to ugly end of the stick.
Thank you for the answer.

In principle, if using the web-client, it may be possible to change/eliminate the tip sound, using greasemonkey (if using firefox) or similar to rewrite the tip-sound URL.
This will takesome digging.
I'd investigate it, but I lack certain equipment to get a model account. :)

FifthElephant said:
In principle, if using the web-client, it may be possible to change/eliminate the tip sound, using greasemonkey (if using firefox) or similar to rewrite the tip-sound URL.
This will takesome digging.
I'd investigate it, but I lack certain equipment to get a model account. :)

I wonder if their software is using a client side wav file. If that is the case then they should be able to just rename the sound file and name something else that.

MiaCherri said:
Oh ok, I was hoping I could get away with working while my roommie is home but since I'm using linux I seem to be getting to ugly end of the stick.
Thank you for the answer.
By linux can I assume Ubuntu with Pulseaudio? I think any distro with pulseaudio will work once you find the settings.

1. Go to your Sound indicator menu in upper left corner and select "Sound Settings...".
2. You can mute "ALSA plug-in [plugin-container]" to stop all sounds coming from that particular Flash session in MFC.

Attachments

• pulseaudio.png
    pulseaudio.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 164
I wish the tip sound could be a cash register 'ka-ching!'-like sound. :-D

The_Brown_Fox said:
I wish the tip sound could be a cash register 'ka-ching!'-like sound. :-D
I actually got sick of this sound due to cams.com. Anytime someone enters the room it sounds like that. I promise it would get old after only a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.