AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tips as a Gift

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexLady

Cam Model
V.I.P. AmberLander
Mar 6, 2010
The Internet
Tole mentioned something in the "Regarding Members who Can't Tip" thread.

Now I'm always very grateful whenever I get tipped. I almost always have a countdown in my room, one after another actually. I'm always putting on shows when I'm in the mindset to get sexual and make my income; and then later on when there's no countdown and I'm spending time talking to my friends I never expect a single tip. I just don't have a reason for them to tip up, so why would they?

And I mean, I have some regulars who are super awesome and throw 22 at me here or there, and it's sweet because it's a special number.

But do any other girls feel compelled to do something whenever someone tips?

I always want to show how grateful I am and it feels like physically doing something (sexually or otherwise,) is always the best way to do this.

I often do countdowns as well but sometimes I just log on to say hi and chit chat ( I have a full time job so sometimes I am not often). Some of my biggest tips have happened during my "down time" and then I always feel like I should do some shows even If I don't have any planned for the night....

I end up feeling bad If I dont but then I am also usually tired and ready to head to bed. That being said I think my great friends and members that watch me never pressure me or "expect" anything from me ever.

Tips are supposed to be voluntary on both parts. I think that if I tip, it's because I like the model, unless other arrangements are made. Similarly a model should never expect or require tips. Members usually do pretty poorly with this, they think a tip means models have to do something for it. But then still get mad when models ask for tips. I have seen (rarely) models that do it this bad too. Demanding tips and then offering nothing in return (other than possibly staying online, which to be fair, does make sense).

I've never done a public countdown so tips in my public chat are presumably just for love, so genuine thank-yous and boobie flashes for the most part suffice. The thankyou is key, for *every* tip, it drives me mental to watch girls completely ignore 10 token tips (hey! it's 50cents you didn't have 30 seconds ago, you don't have to whip your tits out, but take a moment to smile!)

Every so often new premiums unfamiliar with the Lovely Lemon program will tip and expect more than I'm willing to reveal in public chat, but I don't find it difficult to comprimise - ie: somebody asks for "asshole zoom bb" for 100 tokens, they're not going to get what they want lol but I'm happy to bend over, play with my ass, and have fun with it. Just saying "no" would create an unfriendly atmosphere in my room, and just because I'm not going to do what you want doesn't mean I'm going to sit there and do nothing. If the anal zoom was that important to you you should have negoitated it ahead of time lol.

Because I don't do organized public shows I don't feel entitled to ask for tips in public chat, unless of course someone has made an outright request like, "show tits bb". I actually find it kind of funny when premiums or other models start urging my room to "Tip Her!", because I'm kind of like, "I'm just sitting here talking about my day, i'm inclined to agree that nothing about what I'm doing right now is particularly tip worthy"

One thing that I have MAJOR difficulty doing is asking people to rate their good tips, privates/groups it feels like I'm being ungrateful like, "yeah thanks for the great tip, now can you do this other random thing for ME to contribute to a random number that you likely don't give two shites about?" it just seems silly and makes me totally uncomfortable. Why on earth would MFC put that function in the program? What's the logic behind that? I feel like asking premiums to do that lessens the gift!

Keithy said:
Tips are supposed to be voluntary on both parts. I think that if I tip, it's because I like the model, unless other arrangements are made. Similarly a model should never expect or require tips. Members usually do pretty poorly with this, they think a tip means models have to do something for it. But then still get mad when models ask for tips. I have seen (rarely) models that do it this bad too. Demanding tips and then offering nothing in return (other than possibly staying online, which to be fair, does make sense).

It's super refreshing to see this put so well by a male MFC member. :) Thanks Keithy! Also, nice job acknowledging the last part. That's always been a tough one. There are some days that I'll be exhausted and already up past my bed time, then as if to prolong my departure ( ;) ), someone will throw a crazy tip at me (or encourage others to do so). It's both wonderful and sad... wonderful because obviously I appreciate any bit of generosity, but sad because I wish I could stay and hang out as a sort of "repayment" for their tip. That could certainly snowball into another hour or more online if someone catches on, lol. Girls do have to set time limits for themselves and can't control members' timing on tips.

As far as never requiring tips.... I'm wondering how you feel about public show countdowns then. Sorry if you've already discussed that in another thread, my memory fails me at the moment.
LovelyLemon said:
One thing that I have MAJOR difficulty doing is asking people to rate their good tips, privates/groups it feels like I'm being ungrateful like, "yeah thanks for the great tip, now can you do this other random thing for ME to contribute to a random number that you likely don't give two shites about?" it just seems silly and makes me totally uncomfortable. Why on earth would MFC put that function in the program? What's the logic behind that? I feel like asking premiums to do that lessens the gift!
Ohh me too. I am trying so hard to keep my camscore up so I do ask them, but man it feels bad. I hate asking favors, and rating tips is definitely a favor. It does suck that MFC added that. I wish the tips and the privates automatically counted as much as they could without that extra step.

AmberCutie said:
As far as never requiring tips.... I'm wondering how you feel about public show countdowns then. Sorry if you've already discussed that in another thread, my memory fails me at the moment.
Countdown contributions aren't "tips" in the traditional sense. Countdowns just use the tipping mechanism to allow members to transfer tokens to models.

They should get rid of tip rating. If they want to let people rate privates, fine, but no one tips 90+ tokens for a model they aren't happy with, unless, of course, she goes private immediately after a tip storm, in which case some might prefer negative ratings, as well as positive ones.

LovelyLemon said:
I've never done a public countdown so tips in my public chat are presumably just for love, so genuine thank-yous and boobie flashes for the most part suffice. The thankyou is key, for *every* tip, it drives me mental to watch girls completely ignore 10 token tips (hey! it's 50cents you didn't have 30 seconds ago, you don't have to whip your tits out, but take a moment to smile!)

Every so often new premiums unfamiliar with the Lovely Lemon program will tip and expect more than I'm willing to reveal in public chat, but I don't find it difficult to comprimise - ie: somebody asks for "asshole zoom bb" for 100 tokens, they're not going to get what they want lol but I'm happy to bend over, play with my ass, and have fun with it. Just saying "no" would create an unfriendly atmosphere in my room, and just because I'm not going to do what you want doesn't mean I'm going to sit there and do nothing. If the anal zoom was that important to you you should have negoitated it ahead of time lol.

Because I don't do organized public shows I don't feel entitled to ask for tips in public chat, unless of course someone has made an outright request like, "show tits bb". I actually find it kind of funny when premiums or other models start urging my room to "Tip Her!", because I'm kind of like, "I'm just sitting here talking about my day, i'm inclined to agree that nothing about what I'm doing right now is particularly tip worthy"

You are totally right! I love you lemon:) :bunny:

Public show countdowns fall under "other arrangements" that I mentioned, so long as the model is continuing to hold up her end of the bargain. It should be used to encourage tips, not as an excuse to avoid doing things the model would normally do (i.e. holding what her viewers are used to and what they visit her for as a hostage until the ransom is met). This would obviously lead to a sharp decline in all but the most dedicated regulars. Of course as it's business on the end of the model, we have a matter of growing economics and such playing roles in how a model might change. This gives a model a lot of free reign, but at the cost that her core viewers might be more inclined to leave.
I could continue, but I think a simple question led to a much wordier answer than was needed already.

If people tip me for no reason I have to give them videos and stuff otherwise I feel guilty/don't feel like I'm worth tips for no reason haha, I still haven't got over that stupid confidence issue.
But there's a few people who still tip even though they have all my pictures and videos and there's nothing I can do to say thanks, which sucks, but I guess they don't mind coz they still do it.
I wish there was an option so that once someone has tipped so much, there not allowed to tip anymore lol, I've tried telling them I'll ban them from my room if they tip again, but then they do it anonymous, argh! Meanies, lol.
I'm worried about posting this as it makes me sound like a right fucked up numpty, but I've spent the time typing it all out now! Maybe coz it's quite long people will skip past it. :D

I dont feel like I'm being pressured at all, I do it almost instantly when I tip any amount above 90. Just cuz.

Neat thread. Yes I am just now viewing it lol

I think the MOST important thing to do when you receive a tip is to be grateful and of course give thanks to that member. I am very vocal and always talking in my room so of course I'll give a thank you outloud, but sometimes I like to type it in the room too so they don't miss it :)

Generally if someone doesn't have a request attached to tip, it seems to be a "just cause" tip. Sometimes I will randomly ask them if it is for my raffle or a countdown or whatever and usually the response is "it's just for you." Occasionally the tip is accompanied by a request but if its something like a quick flash of the boobies or booty I totally don't mind. Unless of course I am saving those "parts" for a countdown lol.

But anyway I find it pretty refreshing that most of the guys seem to be on the same page as me and if they have a request of anything more than a flash, they will ask about that before they go throwing a tip out there. And for the few that tip before they ask... if I have been unable to fill their request in public chat, they have been more than understanding.

MFC really does have a great group of guys :) - AND gals!

Kayla

Sometimes I like to tip a girl to put her clothes back on or raise the counter the amount I tipped. Member reactions are so worth it.

jebbaz said:
Sometimes I like to tip a girl to put her clothes back on or raise the counter the amount I tipped. Member reactions are so worth it.
I never do things that can could cause the room to turn against the model, which is what this type of thing tends to do. Member reactions aren't worth getting people pissed at the model. Likewise, I would not ask a model to go private when tips are raining down on her.

in my opnion all tips are gifts... and its up to the models to deside what to do with it...
i tend to show alot and do alot for my tippers.. appreciation should be appreciated i think...
but on the other hand if someone tips doesnt ask anything and doesnt seem to expect anything.. i dont do anything...

i figure if someone wants somehting special for his/her own they would take me private

AngelicTease, you are so cute. ^.^

Somehow, it makes the little self-esteem I do have seem that much bigger, to see how modest you are. :h:

*throws hugs and kisses at her*

I have had a moment of snippiness in my room after getting a 25 token tip that reads, "Show pussy" and hissed like a demon, "you can't get a motherfucking raffle ticket it most girls rooms for 25 tokens you asshat, go fuck yourself and your fucking $1.50 cents, that doesn't buy me a goddamn latte, you're on the wrong page, go find yourself a post-op Argentinian with a Gatorade bottle you piece of filth"

(I meant no disrespect to Argentinians, they're a beautiful people)

One of those brief fleeting moments of Lemon-Rage that Bocefish lives for lol

LovelyLemon said:
I have had a moment of snippiness in my room after getting a 25 token tip that reads, "Show pussy" and hissed like a demon, "you can't get a motherfucking raffle ticket it most girls rooms for 25 tokens you asshat, go fuck yourself and your fucking $1.50 cents, that doesn't buy me a goddamn latte, you're on the wrong page, go find yourself a post-op Argentinian with a Gatorade bottle you piece of filth"

I'm in love.

LovelyLemon said:

Win. Pure, untarnished win.

LovelyLemon said:

Wow, this turned me on. Btw I perved on you the other day!

LovelyLemon hit on the big one, as far as I'm concerned. 'Thank you' goes a very long way in the courtesy-poor world of internet anonymity.

I certainly don't tip because I expect anything special. It may be for a countdown, I might be trying to get others to tip (without using the 'tip her' begging technique), but mostly it's for no reason whatsoever. So all I really want is that simple acknowledgment and possibly a smile.

The only thing I don't go in for is the whole "Tip me X# of tokens to be added to my friends list"! I don't know about you folks but my friends are worth a whole lot more than some arbitrary figure. But this is probably fodder for another thread (if I haven't found an existing one yet).

LovelyLemon said:

Damn! And I missed it. :lol:

I liked the subtle little slam the other night when a guy asked about your stubble...you said something like "Wow, do you have a stubble fetish (Slight pause) or are you an idiot?" I was laughing my ass off on that one too.

As for myself, when I tip, it is purely as a gift, an expression of appreciation for time and energy. Sometimes I add a note as to why (as in "thanks for showing [fill in the blank] or great [fill in recently-expressed witticism]) or some attempt at humor (and it is generally an attempt, often failed). Though nowadays I generally don't have the tip show up in public chat. I don't really think it is anybody's beeswax as to how small or large my tip is, and I don't really care to hear a whole bunch of begging from the peanut gallery because the model doesn't necessarily do something that THEY believe she should do...

I hate when a model feels obligated to reward me for tipping. If I want something, it will be included in the tip note. If no tip note, I just like what you are doing or I just like you. Simple.

Great topic. Many times I tip as a thank you for the model's time.....she is working.

Sometimes I'll make a request. (headstand, cartwheel, light a fart)

The most important thing to me is a simple "thank you" and a smile as recognition.

If I have a big request it will be in a pm. Usually followed by private or group if she wants to.

I have a little policy in group, it's not like - a written law that i adhere to vehemently or anything, but a basic standard of conduct :

If you tip and have a request like anal/dp/etc... I will more than likely perform the function based on the amount of the tip (10 tokens doesn't get you alot of anal lol, but it certainly gets a thankyou and causes me to tease, dirty talk, and generally entice your senses) (although the story is somewhat different when it's a 10 token "FIST BB", I have little tolerance for *those people*)
BUT if someone just asks (or moreoften than not, *demands*) then I send a polite little ControlVControlC cut-and-paste note that says, "Requests Welcome! Anal/Dp/Fisting/Whatever you just asked me to do for a THREE DIGIT TIP". If dude had just tipped to begin with we would never have to have the "I feel my bumhole is worth at least 3 digits" conversation lol. I dislike the notion that there is a price tag on my bumhole, it's an odd way to look at life :)

Status
Not open for further replies.