AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Time to give up viewing camgirls?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who cammed successfully on MFC, I can tell you that it was impossible for me to create customs because there just wasn't enough time. Heck, I hardly had time to film videos that were on sale in general. When I did, they were mostly used as prizes as oppose to sold directly. I would cam 8-12 hours, not to mention the time it took to get ready, clean up and have time to do basic things like shower and eat. I know not everyone cammed as much as me but I feel as though a lot of girls there in general have a lot going on with off cam tasks, such as preparing items for raffles and what have you. Basically, as others have stated, MFC is not the ideal place to shop for custom videos. The focus there is on live interaction.

I now cam on Streamate as well as create clips on various clip sites. A new clip releases every other day and I try to cam 4-5 times per week. With this set up, because I cam a lot less, I have plenty of time to take and fulfill custom orders and replace the time I'd film normally film random clips with the custom orders. Custom clips are one of my main sources of income. As others have stated, IWantCustomClips.com and Customs4U.com are all great places to start. Most of the girls on these sites are primarily involved in the creation of clips with camming more on the side, if at all (many make their living purely with clips). You do pay up front and the girl gets paid only after the video is completed and sent to you. I feel as though by camming on Streamate, with a focus on one-on-one privates instead of a free chat environment, this also helps my clip and custom video sales. My whole set up is geared towards a unique, personalized experience as oppose to a group, free-chat environment.

Of course, there are bad apples on the model and customer side. It is to be expected. However, like anything, it may take time to find the right match for you.

Hope this helps! :) Best of luck!

I'm the worst at custom requests. I only take ones that sound fun and tell myself I will get it done on dang time, but once it's hanging in the balance, I feel like a kid with homework or something. I think camming has so much cushion that it's easy to get spoiled about scheduling. If timing was a serious factor, I'd probably only order customs from people I knew were serious business about their camming I guess.
That's me too. I don't offer customs anymore. The last one i did was for a raffle winner, who wanted "something Star Trek". A year and a half later I presented him with a professionally shot Borg video. XD thank goodness he was a great sport about it.

I cannot begin to explain how horrifyingly awful I am at customs. My ADHD is so bad that I left my bath water in the tub all day after I got out.

It's a combination of psycho checklists about how the custom has to be shot, and promising too much, and bad time management, and getting distracted by shiny things. And none of this is a good excuse. None of it.

But I'm not a bad cam model. On cam, when you are talking to me, I'm amazingly laid back and accommodating and usually fulfill requests as long as I'm there and present in the moment. I think it depends on the camgirl and her personality. I think you should definitely wait to get to know a camgirl you like, AND see if she offers customs on manyvids or something. At least on that website, you can get a refund and stuff.

Quick example then of my last discussion. I had seen the existing video list for the model, who I'd been tipping often, and doing privates with. Advertised custom videos in the room topic, and I decided that, seeing as they had masturbation videos, as well as an anal video, I'd like to order a DP video, which was something they didn't have pre-made. Initial mail was just asking if this was something they were ok with in principle, and how long the videos usually are, and if something such as that was likely to be more expensive.

I got the reply saying they were ok with filming that, and they named the price, which I was happy to pay. Before tipping, I sent back a mail, just confirming what I'd like, which was bullet pointed as:

- Striptease, outfit of your choice
- Masturbation with light anal play, whichever toys work best.
- Would like to see laid on back, but also in doggy during part of the video
- DP with toys of your choice until orgasm

How things transitioned was left up to the model, and they accepted this, so the payment was sent. I think it's fair to say both of us knew the plan from there. I don't think there's an easier way of describing the content, other than getting IKEA to draw a diagram for me.

Does that wording sort of look ok though? I mean, if I've done it badly in that instance, I'd rather someone said it.

- Striptease, outfit of your choice
- Masturbation with light anal play, whichever toys work best.
- Would like to see laid on back, but also in doggy during part of the video
- DP with toys of your choice until orgasm

Everyone already gave the best advice possible, I just wanted to comment and say that I recently made a custom JUST like this (half an hour long or so) and it took 10-12 hours just to film and at MINIMUM 15+ hours to edit. SO much time and effort goes into making a decent video and customs can be SO much more insanely time consuming than anyone realizes!

that said imo this is the best way to order a custom. I am so pleased when someone asks for their custom this way. Easy to understand and remember, gives me enough room to make it interesting and pleasurable for me, but provides the points which you would be upset if you did not receive. 10/10 job ordering your custom for best results.

Yes, @Pikachai makes a great point ^_^ In fact, Astro made a great YouTube video about creating custom videos here:

It is about femdom but the process is similar for vanilla as well. Enjoy!

Yes, @Pikachai makes a great point ^_^ In fact, Astro made a great YouTube video about creating custom videos here:

It is about femdom but the process is similar for vanilla as well. Enjoy!

Thanks for sharing! Astro is amazing. Pretty cool to see her process compared to ours. I want her desktop. lol

Thanks for sharing! Astro is amazing. Pretty cool to see her process compared to ours. I want her desktop. lol
I need her lights. :h:___:h:

Reactions: TeganTrex
Personally I am fully sympathetic to what Misono is going through, from his other posts recently I know he is having a hard time with models lately. He seems to be wasting his free time and money on too many models who are taking advantage of him. He does not seem to be acting recklessly with his selection either, which would make any member doubt his time on.

All he can really do is to hold his tokens until he is 100% certain that he can trust the model, or 100% okay with taking the risk to spend, anything in between he will eventually regret.
This is not a habit models should want to encourage in their experienced members, it leads to all those things they hate. Keep in mind he has paid for each of these fantasies in good faith, a model should not be paying the rent until she has actually earned it.
Having said that one of the big problems with MFC is that a model can not return the tokens she has earnt should she need to, the option just isn't there. Once you have spent as a member there is no going back for model or member.

My advice to Misono in getting what you really want is to spend in two ways,
  1. Only on who and what you want to spend on. Be sure you really want to, do not let any model lead you from your true wishes. Be strong and clear with what you want.
  2. When you do spend make it less often. Make your presence memorable. Be amazing, generous, unforgettable. Plan for what you want plus a little more. A model who likes you and feels respected will try her best to give you a good time, but given the nature of a model's work you must do a little work in proving that to her usually.

I guess will quickly share my top moment when I think it is 'time to give up viewing camgirls'. I almost always find myself tipping away too much on friendships than actually taking the time to spend on a good time I actually want. I have often left a spending period thinking I got little for myself out of it. The result has been to make me a less and less regular visitor to cam-sites and I feel entitled to guest more often, whereas a few years ago I was logging in and spending smaller amounts a few times daily.

I almost always find myself tipping away too much on friendships than actually taking the time to spend on a good time I actually want. I have often left a spending period thinking I got little for myself out of it. The result has been to make me a less and less regular visitor to cam-sites and I feel entitled to guest more often, whereas a few years ago I was logging in and spending smaller amounts a few times daily.

This is such a good point. I'm very aware that a "friendship" tip means the tipper now has less tokens available for something specific and tend to send a video or "off duty" time by way of thanks. Models are forever moaning that we're here to make a living and not be your friend but it works both ways.

I'm not sure I've worded that too well but I hope you know what I mean.

I did also try the approach of doing them as live shows, or if it was going to possibly be slightly complicated and might need time between parts, a paid for Skype session. Didn't really work out either, as got all the yes messages before privates, then stalling during them. I don't expect things to happen straight away in a private, but if we're almost 10mins in and I've yet to see even a nipple, it's a bit shitty. Keep mentioning it, you're labelled as pushy, leave the private and you get all kinds of public abuse (had a nice model go on a twitter rant about me last time that happened, getting me banned from multiple rooms).

The Skypes, like the customs, never materialised, despite the model again setting the time. I wouldn't ever expect a model to come off cam specifically for one, but then blanking after it's been paid for is horrific.

This latest custom was approximately $200. I'm happy to pay for things, and probably more willing than other members at times. But that's a lot of money to end up being treated like dirt.

You could just take the model private and avoid all this drama.

It isn't "time to give up viewing camgirls." It's more likely time to give up on business transactions with variable factors that are frustrating you. I agree with the advice from a few that your might want to curtail your activity to live time with friendly, sexy models who give you immediate value for your expenditures. Have fun in their rooms. Take them private if you want. Cut the private short if it's not meeting your desires. That's better than sitting and stewing while waiting for a custom video.

This is such a good point. I'm very aware that a "friendship" tip means the tipper now has less tokens available for something specific and tend to send a video or "off duty" time by way of thanks. Models are forever moaning that we're here to make a living and not be your friend but it works both ways.

I'm not sure I've worded that too well but I hope you know what I mean.
Generous and thoughtful.

Think this is what you meant? A member is here to have fun sometimes, even if they are happy to tip in pure 'friendship' terms, in the same way a model wants to make a living but is okay with enjoying the member's company.

I was saying I need some good action beyond just gifting to be a happy member or it begins to bother me.

Reactions: RebeccaT
All good, until the model says they only do that on video.

Oh man...now I'm curious!

A pre-arranged private might work. Find out what she will and will not do first and schedule it for a mutually convenient time.

He stated previously pre-arranged privates were part of the problem. Models would flake on them.

This bums me out, it sucks. I'm sorry Misono. I'm embarrassed for my industry that this is SO common. Back before I stopped doing customs I had many take a long time to finish, but I always kept the member periodically posted so he knew I didn't forget him and still always delivered. It's NOT hard to keep someone posted, It's just not! Even now I very occasionally will offer an "exclusive" not custom vid for a prize, like a mini raffle or HT of the night... it has no due date and advertised strictly as "when I get to it" and I STILL send periodic mails assuring it's not forgotten.
And I have like 16 jobs! Not once has sending a message saying "Hey just wanted you to know you are not forgotten" been even a drop of water in my day.

I've been searching for something to say on this thread cos it really does.. confuse the fuck out of me. Yes customs can be difficult. Yes there is a degree of self knowledge required there. There have been occasions where I have taken a very very long time to finish a custom and .. stuff.. but I agree with JJ it's always been really easy for me to keep the member in the loop.

MFC will occasionally refund tokens for me when I have asked. I sent them an email explaining I had agreed to do something that I no longer felt I could do and wanted to know if they could refund the member his tokens. They bitched a little about it but they did it.

If you're a girl that finds customs difficult or is struggling with completing a custom or anything.. whatever it is. Please try to keep the member in the loop. Your actions are really hurting not just your relationship with that member but you're also hurting my business and the industries reputation as a whole.

I have a friend who is a camgirl and occasionally orders custom fetish videos for her and her partner. She's been pretty horrified with the results even when approaching professional fetish clip makers etc. It makes me v sad.

I'm sure you're not doing this, but for anyone else potentially reading- please never send money to a model for custom content unless she's agreed upon it first. This is a surefire way for me to take monthssss to get your stuff done (or just not have the camgirl do it).

In your case though (the OP)- I agree with what everyone else says. There are many camgirls that DO deliver what and when they say they will, and communicate with you if it's late. I'm honestly not sure how to pick them out or if there are characteristics they have that can help identify them. Maybe girls that tend to make a lot of customs or content already. I would be wary of any girl that rarely makes videos, because many girls that don't make videos a lot don't do it because they feel weird/self conscious making them, I think. So asking for a custom from a camgirl that has a hard time being satisfied with her videos will likely go wrong. But maybe not.

Yah, basically just know the girl first. I'm sorry you're experiencing this. I wish more camgirls were more professional!
Just a little side note from a newbie i agree with everything said here, but i am a little self so i always quote a longer delivery time for customs. Ie Up to 1 week and i explain that because i am new i really want to be good and i keep in touch with them (let them know when its filmed , editied and ready to go) if they dont seem 100% comfortable i recommend my prefilmed videos

Finally got a reply this afternoon, no apology for the delay, just that they would no longer be making the video I paid for, but if I wanted to take them private we could do the show there. Not the show I asked for, but some sort of private session, as apparently it'd be as good as a custom because I can watch it back in my archives.

Model logic confuses me.

Finally got a reply this afternoon, no apology for the delay, just that they would no longer be making the video I paid for, but if I wanted to take them private we could do the show there. Not the show I asked for, but some sort of private session, as apparently it'd be as good as a custom because I can watch it back in my archives.

Model logic confuses me.

Well thats not cool.

Did she at least give you something up to the value of whatever you paid for the custom or just took the money and ran and then expect you to pay more for a private?

Nothing at all. If I was the type to make expletive-ladden posts, I would be doing so in a spamlike fashion right about now.
If the communication was an MFC mail I would contact support, show as much proof as possible that she hosed you and see if you can get your tokens back. That's Bull.

Finally got a reply this afternoon, no apology for the delay, just that they would no longer be making the video I paid for, but if I wanted to take them private we could do the show there. Not the show I asked for, but some sort of private session, as apparently it'd be as good as a custom because I can watch it back in my archives..
Wow... That's like if you ordered a specific item on Amazon, but Amazon sends you something else in which they claim is the "equivalent," despite noticeable differences between the two products.

I think camming has so much cushion that it's easy to get spoiled about scheduling..

My 2 cents...

I think what you're hinting at speaks to a larger issue: that this is a high variance business. Given how this business is self-regulated individually & independently by the model themselves - to which models do not answer to any sort of upper management breathing down their neck - self-imposed standards may differ wildly from one model to the next. It also separates models who takes this business very seriously while others are more nonchalant.

Wow... That's like if you ordered a specific item on Amazon, but Amazon sends you something else in which they claim is the "equivalent," despite noticeable differences between the two products.

My 2 cents...

I think what you're hinting at speaks to a larger issue: that this is a high variance business. Given how this business is self-regulated individually & independently by the model themselves - to which models do not answer to any sort of upper management breathing down their neck - self-imposed standards may differ wildly from one model to the next. It also separates models who takes this business very seriously while others are more nonchalant.

I interpret it in a way such as if a lady ordered a particular sanitary product from an online Walmart delivery, but instead they delivered a multipack of Twix chocolate bars as the shape is similar.

I interpret it in a way such as if a lady ordered a particular sanitary product from an online Walmart delivery, but instead they delivered a multipack of Twix chocolate bars as the shape is similar.
Hahaha or better yet, they delivered a bill for twix

Dont forget you have to pay for the twix bars though. Separately. but you can have them, cos walmart cares about you.

I hear you misono. Not to your extreme (I didn't do a custom), but I did tip and win a month's worth of "all content" and feel kind of like I didn't read the small print that excludes me from some content (I did get a lot, I think). She is a model I know well, but I am thinking I am too easy with the tips and stuff. It really does make one not want to risk getting burned again.

On the other hand, some models I hardly know (I visit a few times but am not a regular and tip a little) are AMAZING with sending me stuff. It is so strange. Not sure why that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.