AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Things models say that make you go "WTF?"

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange, isn't it?

We eat cows and deer but are weird about eating horses.
Really not an option for me. Looked around to see if I could find some horse meat nearby, but apparently it's just a slur used in Yelp reviews in my area.

Could try to have some smuggled in from South America, but seems a little sketchy.

I don't understand the hangups either. About half the people in my hometown were seriously convinced our Chinese buffet had been caught throwing cat/dog scraps away in their dumpster. Didn't care. Think it was 2.99 all you could eat then, and it was delicious.

When I read "Alive: The Story of the Andes Survivors", I didn't have problem with the cannibalism aspect to the story. You do what you got to do.

Problem with horse meat is, being told I can't have it is just making me hungry for it.

I've tried many local animals on my travels over the years. I've had kangaroo, crickets, ants, a fly patty, rat, crocodile oh and of course horse. I also never understood why some people turn their noses up at certain animals. My general rule for life is I'll try just about anything once.

Lol, we're not all uneducated hillbillies or something. :hilarious:
Most certainly not! That's why I said "I know Americans are often completely ignorant about other cultures".
In my experience, I meet more Americans who don't know about common things in other cultures than any other nationality. I would never say ALL Americans are ignorant. Just like in other countries, some are well educated and with good knowledge of the world, while some have no idea other counties than the us of a even exist.
For example, I am perplexed every single year over and over again when I hear on MFC and Twitter that soooo many Americans don't realize Christmas is NOT Christ's birthday but rather a pagan holiday forced to be Christianized. We learned that in school, for example. Or that Orthodox Christians don't even celebrate Christmas in December but rather on January 7th, and only if you're religious (that's why MFC is a ghost town Jan 1st-8th - most MFC models are celebrating holidays during that time).

So I assumed WTF-ing about horse meat by one individual is probably caused by never hearing about horses being eaten. I'm sure MOST people (Americans) know it's a common thing in the world though. :)

Last edited:
I had a pet duck growing up and can not eat duck even though it's a common menu item. It's a personal thing because I felt connected to that animal on an emotional level and we had a bond. Horses, cats and dogs are common household pets thought of at a similar level to human family members on a grand scale, so the emotional hangups are wide spread.
People are more likely to be horrified at eating animals that are kept as pets than they are at the WAY animals who are eaten are kept and slaughtered. That's always bothered me but I'm a product of it in some ways as well. It's misdirected ethics for meat eating IMO... It would be awesome if the disgust for eating certain animals in certain cultures was replaced by the disgust for any animal being raised and slaughtered inhumanly for food production.

A couple years ago, someone on my Facebook was making a big stink about companies supposedly using horse meat and passing it off as beef. I was baffled as to why that was a problem - is there a health risk involved in eating horse? No? Meat is meat, I don't see the big deal.

I've also seen someone running a petition to try to stop a cat meat festival that was going on in an entirely different country. Like.. What? That's something that they eat there, big deal. We eat meats that other cultures won't, but I don't see them trying to stop us.

For example, I am perplexed every single year over and over again when I hear on MFC and Twitter that soooo many Americans don't realize Christmas is NOT Christ's birthday but rather a pagan holiday forced to be Christianized

I only learned this when I was studying Wicca after discovering it in high school, and my classmates didn't believe me when I told them. It's commonly joked about by pagan folks, though, to the extent that the group Emerald Rose wrote a song called "Santa Claus is Pagan, Too" to jokingly point out that American Christmas is basically Yule, so we pagans might as well join in the festivities.

Reactions: Alisa and Val Vega
For example, I am perplexed every single year over and over again when I hear on MFC and Twitter that soooo many Americans don't realize Christmas is NOT Christ's birthday but rather a pagan holiday forced to be Christianized. We learned that in school, for example. Or that Orthodox Christians don't even celebrate Christmas in December but rather on January 7th, and only if you're religious (that's why MFC is a ghost town Jan 1st-8th - most MFC models are celebrating holidays during that time).

When you get right down to it, there are no Christian holidays. Zero. There's no prohibition against holidays (Romans 14:5), but they're not prescribed, either. There's no mention in the New Testament of Easter being celebrated and certainly not Christmas, saint's days, or anything else except "the Lord's day", i.e., Sundays, and that's only mentioned once in passing.

I've tried many local animals on my travels over the years. I've had kangaroo, crickets, ants, a fly patty, rat, crocodile oh and of course horse. I also never understood why some people turn their noses up at certain animals. My general rule for life is I'll try just about anything once.

Already ate kangaroo and crocodile myself, but if there's one thing I'll never eat, then it's fried tarantula. God, I hate spiders :D

• Funny!
Reactions: Nordling
Status
Not open for further replies.