AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

the truth behind paypal

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RubyDimples

Inactive Cam Model
Jul 16, 2013
BBW cam world
www.myfreecams.com
Twitter Username
@RubyDimples
Tumblr Username
RubyDimples
MFC Username
RubyDimples
Streamate Username
RubySoCuteDimples
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/62651/RubyDimples/
Clips4Sale URL
http://www.clips4sale.com/store/78855/Rubybbw
I've noticed for the time, I've been doing cam work there are requests for me to accept paypal as a form of payment. I personally don't accept it and nothing against anyone that does. But why are there so many dudes that don't want to get tokens? Does the man feel he gets more bang for his buck that way?

Thanks
-Ruby

In my experience it's been 99% people trying to get over on the model. Paypal's buyer protection makes it EXTREMELY easy to get a refund on money you sent, liitle to no questions asked. Even during their "dispute investigation" they take the money back from you and put it back into the buyer's account until they resolve the dispute. The only way for you to get the money resent back to your acct is to provide info/evidence/proof that the buyer received the good or service. "Excuse me Mr. Paypal Customer Service guy, but he's lying! I did in fact stick a broom handle in my anus. Here let me send you screenshots."

Get the picture?

Just don't do it.

Some people want to avoid giving the sites a cut, others want to scam the model, some do not trust tokens, and some do not have credit cards. I think some sites have started letting you buy tokens with PayPal though.
Yep, this is pretty much the conclusion we've all come to. It's nice now to be able to tell people on MFC that they can now use PayPal to buy tokens, it sort of rips part of the rug out from under their shady plans and excuses. :)

And.. don't forget that it will be hard to proof you rendered services as Paypal makes it very clear that it is not to be used as a payment option for adult services! If you do proof that you showed your naked body on cam, then Paypal will delite your account and you still won't get your money. In other words: it just is not worth it.

And.. don't forget that it will be hard to prove you rendered services as Paypal makes it very clear that it is not to be used as a payment option for adult services! If you do prove that you showed your naked body on cam, then Paypal will delete your account and you still won't get your money. In other words: it just is not worth it.
Sorry, I know I'm a spelling Nazi, I just couldn't help myself.
But yes, you are very much correct, and I 100% agree.

And.. don't forget that it will be hard to proof you rendered services as Paypal...

I've had a similar experience with Paypal. I did some freelance work for a client; he paid and received the work, which was a magazine column I ghostwrote for him. Then he put his name on it and filed a dispute with Paypal.

They immediately refunded him $300+ out of my account, which put it in the negative since I always transfer money out to the bank once in arrives in Paypal. I supplied copies of our emails and a copy of the Word document as proof of delivery. Paypal replied to my emails with generic form letters and closed the dispute in his favor.

I just abandoned the account and shared one with a buddy for a while. Now I use Payoneer.

I've had a similar experience with Paypal. I did some freelance work for a client; he paid and received the work, which was a magazine column I ghostwrote for him. Then he put his name on it and filed a dispute with Paypal.

They immediately refunded him $300+ out of my account, which put it in the negative since I always transfer money out to the bank once in arrives in Paypal. I supplied copies of our emails and a copy of the Word document as proof of delivery. Paypal replied to my emails with generic form letters and closed the dispute in his favor.

I just abandoned the account and shared one with a buddy for a while. Now I use Payoneer.
I freaking hate PP!!! At least they didn't "limit" your accnt. That's where they freeze any funds you may have for 6 months, then close your accnt with them, and never let you, or anyone they think might be associated with you do business with them EVER again. They don't have to have a reason why they decided to do it, or need any proof that you did anything wrong. There is absolutely no protection for any PP accnt holder. I'm all for a boycott.

That's where they freeze any funds you may have for 6 months, then close your accnt with them, and never let you, or anyone they think might be associated with you do business with them EVER again.

Jesus Christ!

Reactions: ACFFAN69
Jesus Christ!
Yeah, and my personal horror story with getting a "limited" account isn't a bad as a lot of other people's. Some people spend years building their own business selling on ebay, being successful enough at it, that it's now their main or only source of income... and suddenly without warning, their money for house or car payments, food, rent, ect... is kept from them, all because a a few too many charge backs, or because some buyer's CC seems suspicious, or in my case, some ass hole decided to tell paypal that I'm a cam model. You can still sell on ebay without a PP account, but it's extremely hard to run a successful ebay store without one.

Yeah, and my personal horror story with getting a "limited" account isn't a bad as a lot of other people's. Some people spend years building their own business selling on ebay, being successful enough at it, that it's now their main or only source of income... and suddenly without warning, their money for house or car payments, food, rent, ect... is kept from them, all because a a few too many charge backs, or because some buyer's CC seems suspicious, or in my case, some ass hole decided to tell paypal that I'm a cam model. You can still sell on ebay without a PP account, but it's extremely hard to run a successful ebay store without one.

And I'm sure they have not a care in the world what impact their capricious decisions have on working people.

My account was limited a few years ago, and I had just sent me ex-boyfriend (we were in the process of breaking up) money to cover my share of the rent. They limited his account forever also, and don't allow for a dispute. He had NOTHING to do with any sex work (he was a web designer and used paypal to get paid by clients in other cities, so it really screwed him up). I hate Paypal.

And I'm sure they have not a care in the world what impact their capricious decisions have on working people.
Why would they...? They think they're just too big to fail. I have hope that this is not the case though, and that things change. You can only go for so long with such horrible business practices before enough people get pissed off enough to do something about it.

Why would they...? They think they're just too big to fail. I have hope that this is not the case though, and that things change. You can only go for so long with such horrible business practices before enough people get pissed off enough to do something about it.

There's backlash.

American Express is starting a competing service.

The FCC went after the company for making robocalls.

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau made the company pay $25 million for shady lending practices.

The PayPal Sucks Facebook page has 56K likes.

The Daily Beast lists Paypal at the top of a list of 9 internet companies people hate.

And there seem to be umpteen anti-Paypal websites like this one.

Still, the company is growing and is about to go public, despite warnings like this.

(By the way, Poker, does it damage my hetero street cred that my first thought when I saw your photo on the other thread was "Awesome nails!")

(By the way, Poker, does it damage my hetero street cred that my first thought when I saw your photo on the other thread was "Awesome nails!")
Hahaha... Not at all! That's the first thing pretty much everyone says each time I show that picture actually. Thank you.

Reactions: gingerhobbit
Hahaha... Not at all! That's the first thing pretty much everyone says each time I show that picture actually. Thank you.

Good...cause I'd hate to disappoint all those ladies out there who aren't clamoring for my body.

Good...cause I'd hate to disappoint all those ladies out there who aren't clamoring for my body.
Well I for one happen to think orangutans can be very sexy. lol
may19-sexy-electric-orangutan.gif 12912243Ft.jpg

I do not mean to answer for the lady, but imo, if you did not go "NIPPLES!!..."
then something is wrong with you.

I do not mean to answer for the lady, but imo, if you did not go "NIPPLES!!..."
then something is wrong with you.
I know you're upset because it's your birthday and no body has tipped you, but you don't have to take it out on gingerhobbit by saying there's something wrong with him. lol :wacky:;)

I've been looking for an excuse to say that line ever since I first saw that avatar of yours lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.