AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Texting without giving out phone #?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

candicehayes

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Jan 15, 2013
profiles.myfreecams.com
Does anyone know if there is any way to text without giving out your phone number? Like an app to where you have a username but it doesn't give out your mobile number?

Evvie said:
If you have a smartphone, get Kik messenger. You set up an account and you can choose any username. It does not use your phone number.

TY EVVIE!

emptiedglass said:
There's also BBM if you're of the BlackBerry inclination. And if the other people are.
Thanks for the response but i'm more of an Android type of girl :) lol

You also use Google voice or sign up on ELM and join their texting program thingy-ma-bob. :thumbleft:

EasyBakeBabyOven said:
You also use Google voice or sign up on ELM and join their texting program thingy-ma-bob. :thumbleft:

I've always thought google voice was perfect for cam models. Not only is it free unlimited calling and texts (U.S. and Can.) but you can easily set it to block callers OR only accept callers on your contacts list. And if you want you can tell it to send certain people in your contact list directly to trash. So they can still get through and record a message, then it's deleted and you were never bothered. And it's also got a widget feature. So you can make a widget for a web page that anyone can click to call you. But they never know your number. They just click the widget. So if you want to discontinue calls for awhile you simply delete the web page or widget and they can't call anymore.

Very cam model friendly.

Reactions: LadyLuna
I use Kik IRL, so I had to find another option.

I am currently using a free smartphone app called Pinger.
There are two different versions, call & text or text only.
I have opted for the later, so I'm not bothered with phone calls.
You get to pick the number you use and it allows picture messaging.

The only drawbacks are; the area code for the number choices are usually from a major city near you & having to check it occasionally because it may not have notified you of new messages.
I change this number every few months and so far, it has been working great!

The next time I change it, I'll be sure to see if I can claim to be from a different state and figure out how the area code issue can be resolved. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.