AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tell me about Web Cameras?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2011
Used my onboard web cam for the first time really today, and WOW does it suck. I knew it would not be good, but watching the playback is like watching bad claymation. I think this thread has been started before, But the one I saw was long ago tech turnover wise.

So I need a good web cam. Here's what I'm looking for, - Quality, and versatility, or compatibility, but it does not need to be the best if it makes sense to save a good bit. What I mean is, if the best/highest quality cost lets say, just cuz $100, and there is a $75 camera that is 95% as good as the $100 one than I would sacrifice the tiny difference for the 25% saving of the.

Thanks for the time and help.

Here's what you need to know. The state of the art is the Logitech 920C with its excellent cardioid microphone included. Glass optics. On-board compression so your computer isn't taxed in the least. Brilliant images even in poor light. It's $90 at Target. No, not online, in the actual store down the street.

Second choice, Logi's 525. Your computer compresses, plastic lens, about the same price as other cams, mic is OK but only that, readily available including at Target. About 2/3 the cash of the 920C.

The 9000 is a brilliant cam, but production ended some time ago.

Remember: front lighting is your friend. Back lighting is your enemy.

Reactions: camstory
Are you needing this for some sort of professional work or just general chatting with people. Calling family, stuff like that?

If just general use I can recommend the logitech C310. It's $30 on amazon right now, records in 720 HD. Great in low light, even just my two monitors being on is enough to light me well. I've been using it for a couple years now, I think, without problems. And I've turned it on for a few models just to chat and everyone of them so far have commented I have a great cam and have asked what I use. Some have mentioned a lot of the members cams they see are not near as good of quality.

Also I don't have a traditional or cell phone of any kind. I rely on google voice exclusively. This has been my mic for making those phone calls. When I first transitioned over all my family members told me they could hear me better after than with my actual phone.

So for a price vs. value consideration I can whole-heartedly recommend it. This may not be quite as good as the 9000 or the 910. But for the price I think it definitely falls in that 95% range you were looking for.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-960-0005 ... itech+c310

Oh, and there's a couple 'video reviews' in the review section of that link to show you the video quality from people who used it to post their comments.

Logitech's C920 and C910 are the "up and coming HD cams". The Logitech 9000 is basically out of production, but still available on some sites. It is Less "HD" than the newer ones, but easier to adjust in the built-in software settings, IMO (In My Opinion) for those who aren't dead-set on filming stuff in true HD (It can do 720p).

Front lighting is very important, but back lighting is also very important for cam girls. So please don't make blanket statements about lighting in general. :thumbleft:

If you're just looking for a cam to do cam-to-cam (c2c) on cam sites or low-key web conferences with work people or family, then lighting really doesn't matter a whole lot. Avoid the Microsoft lifecam series and head for Logitech, put a light in front of you and go to town. You'll be good.

AmberCutie said:
Avoid the Microsoft lifecam series and head for Logitech, put a light in front of you and go to town. You'll be good.
That!^^^

I have AWFUL pictures to prove it if you need more reason to avoid Microsoft Lifecam. :?

EasyBakeBabyOven said:
AmberCutie said:
Avoid the Microsoft lifecam series and head for Logitech, put a light in front of you and go to town. You'll be good.
That!^^^

I have AWFUL pictures to prove it if you need more reason to avoid Microsoft Lifecam. :?
I'm guilty of using the Microsoft Lifecam HD-6000... It's not the WORST but it definitely has it's flaws. I will be upgrading very soon. Hopefully the c920 works out for me!

I was just curious if the OP had decided on a webcam and bought one yet? If so which did you end up getting?

I love my Logitech HD C910 and wanted to order a new one from Amazon (my video freezes up if I lift my cam off the computer...GRRR), but a fellow model told me that she can't even buy a new C910 online now because it's been discontinued. So on that note...I guess my new webcam will be the C920.

VeeValencia said:
So the c920 came in... It's ok but I feel like it washes out my color. I look really white. I'm not white lol! I may just need to perfect my lighting.
At least it's better than my lifecam!

Play with the settings!

Go to the advances setting, uncheck anything auto. Then mess around.

I was doing a show using the built in cam on my HP Touchsmart TM2... It was actually a pretty awesome picture. Sometimes lighting is a better investment than a new cam I think.

My first real regular was in there too, and had just started tipping me. Within ten minutes my hard drive on my touchsmart died!! BIOS couldn't even detect it to run a disk check. I went to WalMart right away and bought the Logitech C615 and decided to cam using my gaming desktop, just because I needed something then and now.

I like it. And I don't care if it's not the C920. It's good enough for me for now. It was $60.

LadyLuna said:
VeeValencia said:
So the c920 came in... It's ok but I feel like it washes out my color. I look really white. I'm not white lol! I may just need to perfect my lighting.

Play with the settings!

I've been playing with it a bit but it's still a bit off. I'm sure I'll get it eventually

VeeValencia said:
LadyLuna said:
VeeValencia said:

Play with the settings!

I've been playing with it a bit but it's still a bit off. I'm sure I'll get it eventually

One model i use to visit held up a white sheet of paper in front of the cam. Then adjust your settings to that since you know exactly what white should be. Seemed to be easy and quick. Got it looking pretty good too.

JerryBoBerry said:
I was just curious if the OP had decided on a webcam and bought one yet? If so which did you end up getting?
Maybe, it was some sort of distortion, a quake of the area of my reality fault, that shook me off my manors. Richter half a century.

I have, and expect it Tuesday. I bought the 310. I could give you two or three reasons for that, starting with the idea that it is not always the best thing to mismatch a novice rider with a GP ride. I could go a couple of explanations deep on that first reason, starting with how it screws up the foundation of learning. I could go on, making sense from some POV, but never be able to convince myself that I put that much thought into it, so why try to convince anyone else?

Fact is I'm stingy when it come to Token reduction. And then someone wishing to be flattering might say, he found it sensible to sacrifice the best for the best. ;) Besides, I can upgrade when Tasha and others have a place to buy tokens. :glasses7: (KoolRayCamStory BB's - be good to me and you might get a shout out.)

Reactions: DudeExtreme
camstory said:
Used my onboard web cam for the first time really today, and WOW does it suck. I knew it would not be good, but watching the playback is like watching bad claymation. I think this thread has been started before, But the one I saw was long ago tech turnover wise.

So I need a good web cam. Here's what I'm looking for, - Quality, and versatility, or compatibility, but it does not need to be the best if it makes sense to save a good bit. What I mean is, if the best/highest quality cost lets say, just cuz $100, and there is a $75 camera that is 95% as good as the $100 one than I would sacrifice the tiny difference for the 25% saving of the.

Thanks for the time and help.

I have an extra I could send you. A logitech c9000 camstory.. hit me up :p

I have a Mac that runs Bootcamp and l have the Logitech C910 and it works wonderfully. l find that l get the best looking feeds when l have my lighting nice and good and Position myself a bit Away from the Cam.

Status
Not open for further replies.