AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Sudden extreme drop in viewers - anyone else? Is there any way to improve this?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Sep 26, 2024
I moved to a new area and I went from minimum ~500 viewers (often >1000) to reaching a max of like maybe 100 viewers on a good night. Often I will only have existing followers enter my room. It’s like I’m not discoverable on CB anymore. There was one day where I wouldn’t get more than 5 viewers at a time and my FPS kept dipping to 0 so I suspect it’s related to my connection.

I was getting like 0-15 FPS. I went out and bought a whole new set up with much better specs. I ran speed tests and I’m consistently getting 100+ mbps download and 90+ upload. I’m using OBS and my stream quality shows as “very good” with regular dips in FPS.

Could the sudden sharp decline in viewers be related to my internet connection? I can’t think of any other reason it would drop so low so suddenly. I’ll try a wired connection next but tbh I’m starting to lose hope that it’ll pick up again! Anybody else experience this? Any ideas?

Can't work online with no line, you should check on your phone and ask someone you trust if the thumbnail and stream look good since the average viewer won't say anything or might say it's fine when it's not.
That’s a good idea I’m not sure why I haven’t checked my own stream lol. A couple people have said it’s “fine” even when my FPS was hovering between 0 and 4 for the whole night. I’ll give that a try. Thanks!

I moved to a new area and I went from minimum ~500 viewers (often >1000) to reaching a max of like maybe 100 viewers on a good night. Often I will only have existing followers enter my room. It’s like I’m not discoverable on CB anymore. There was one day where I wouldn’t get more than 5 viewers at a time and my FPS kept dipping to 0 so I suspect it’s related to my connection.

I was getting like 0-15 FPS. I went out and bought a whole new set up with much better specs. I ran speed tests and I’m consistently getting 100+ mbps download and 90+ upload. I’m using OBS and my stream quality shows as “very good” with regular dips in FPS.

Could the sudden sharp decline in viewers be related to my internet connection? I can’t think of any other reason it would drop so low so suddenly. I’ll try a wired connection next but tbh I’m starting to lose hope that it’ll pick up again! Anybody else experience this? Any ideas?

I have super fast internet both on wifi and wired, but I've noticed a big difference in number of viewers when I'm on ethernet (better) vs not (worse). So definitely worth a try.. Internet connection can have a crazy strong impact on how well a stream does in terms of viewers.

Another thing you can try (if you haven't already) is switching the CB server on OBS and see if that helps.

Third thing I would suggest is emailing CB and explaining your situation, and asking them if they can run a diagnosis on their end to see if everything is OK for your room. I've heard of them doing a check in some cases so worth a shot.

I really hope your stream picks up again, I can understand how frustrating and stressful it is to have duch a sharp decline in viewers without a clear reason for it.

Reactions: Adalovelace222
Check to see if your thumb profile is appearing ok.
If it's just grey/black people won't usually enter unless they can see model in thumbnail.ooI will check next time I’m live. I didn’t think of this. Thanks!

Check to see if your thumb profile is appearing ok.
If it's just grey/black people won't usually enter unless they can see model in thumbnail.
Ooh I will check next time I’m online. I didn’t even think of this being an issue. Thanks!

I have super fast internet both on wifi and wired, but I've noticed a big difference in number of viewers when I'm on ethernet (better) vs not (worse). So definitely worth a try.. Internet connection can have a crazy strong impact on how well a stream does in terms of viewers.

Another thing you can try (if you haven't already) is switching the CB server on OBS and see if that helps.

Third thing I would suggest is emailing CB and explaining your situation, and asking them if they can run a diagnosis on their end to see if everything is OK for your room. I've heard of them doing a check in some cases so worth a shot.

I really hope your stream picks up again, I can understand how frustrating and stressful it is to have duch a sharp decline in viewers without a clear reason for it.
Hearing your viewers changed noticeably when using Ethernet is giving me hope. I will definitely give it a try then. And I didn’t realize I can change the CB server on OBS so I will experiment w that too. Thanks so much!

Reactions: Olive