AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Stripchats new VR Interface is bad

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Feb 11, 2024
I have been away from Stripchat for sometime and was shocked of the decisions to change the VR interface.

1: If i want to hide or show the Interface (Chat etc) i have to first open the Wheel then select " Hide or show Interace": This is bad because in the previous Interface this was all done by a single button. Now i have to open the Wheel, point my vr Controller at the Interace button and press it, Talking about the wheel...

2: What is the purpose of the Wheel? It has Instant Token option and the show/hide interface button. I have this strange feeling it was implemented so that you point accidentally at the instant token button. Very user unfriendly.

I have been away from Stripchat for sometime and was shocked of the decisions to change the VR interface.

1: If i want to hide or show the Interface (Chat etc) i have to first open the Wheel then select " Hide or show Interace": This is bad because in the previous Interface this was all done by a single button. Now i have to open the Wheel, point my vr Controller at the Interace button and press it, Talking about the wheel...

2: What is the purpose of the Wheel? It has Instant Token option and the show/hide interface button. I have this strange feeling it was implemented so that you point accidentally at the instant token button. Very user unfriendly.
It's "done" been bad. I don't think it was good at any point. Until I boxed my Occulus away, I used to enjoy VR camming and it was always very non-intuitive and clunky. Felt / feels like they just rushed it out and didn't ask for opinions.

Upvote 0

1: If i want to hide or show the Interface (Chat etc) i have to first open the Wheel then select " Hide or show Interace": This is bad because in the previous Interface this was all done by a single button. Now i have to open the Wheel, point my vr Controller at the Interace button and press it,
Yeah I'll second this. Used to be one single action to close the interface. The instant tip panel is intrusive and to use a previously allocated button the controller for a completely new purpose seems rather unintuitive and annoying. The panel might be fine if instant tipping was its only purpose, even though there was a perfectly good -- and customisable as to the tip amount -- instant tip process already implemented.

Talking about the wheel...

It does seem to suffer from an identity crisis, although I tend to disagree that there might be any nefarious intent. Unless you have some type of tremors, when you press the trigger (On Meta Quest 2 interface) you are pointing at the centre of the panel which is not a "clickable" area.

But, yes, @Stella_SC, please pass on our extreme lack of enthusiasm for this new interface element to the devs.

It's "done" been bad. I don't think it was good at any point. Until I boxed my Occulus away, I used to enjoy VR camming and it was always very non-intuitive and clunky. Felt / feels like they just rushed it out and didn't ask for opinions.
I am unsure how recently you have used VR, but there have been a number of useful additions to the interface to introduce some of the 2D functionality that was missing previously. Also, I do not know if you have ever visited any other VR cam sites (dreamcam.com and sexlikereal.com e.g.), but IMO the SC interface, as less than ideal as it is, is miles ahead of the others.

Upvote 0