AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

StripChat Site Performance

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Sep 24, 2024
Firstly, I apologise if there another thread for this.

But is something wrong with StripChat?

Performance is awful. Streams keep freezing and are really low quality.
I have gone to multiple models rooms and it's the same.
I do not have the same issues on another site.

Reactions: vivo
Firstly, I apologise if there another thread for this.

But is something wrong with StripChat?

Performance is awful. Streams keep freezing and are really low quality.
I have gone to multiple models rooms and it's the same.
I do not have the same issues on another site.
I have multiple monitors. I can open a page on Chaturbate on one monitor, CamSoda on another, and Stripchat on one and ONLY stripchat has connection issues... it is never ending. I have sent emails to support and after back and forth they blame my computer because of their ridiculously low latency "requirements" to view the site. According to them there is "nothing wrong" on their side . I think the servers are out of sync but trying to convince someone from stripchat it might be worth a look is like trying to raise the dead...lol

Upvote 0
It comes and goes, I think about writing a ticket to support, then it's fine lol
I have never had issues with the site until yesterday.

Upvote 0
I have multiple monitors. I can open a page on Chaturbate on one monitor, CamSoda on another, and Stripchat on one and ONLY stripchat has connection issues... it is never ending. I have sent emails to support and after back and forth they blame my computer because of their ridiculously low latency "requirements" to view the site. According to them there is "nothing wrong" on their side . I think the servers are out of sync but trying to convince someone from stripchat it might be worth a look is like trying to raise the dead...lol
I also frequently have intermittent problems with SC transmission. I'm not always sure if it's them or me until other viewers will comment in Public Chat that they're experiencing problems at the same time. I only view SC.

Upvote 0
I couldn't get the home page to load this morning (between around 10:00am and 11:00am AEST, which is UTC+10 hours).
Checked with several live status verification tools.

Is Stripchat.com down Live status.png

Upvote 0
The site still is not working correctly. I tipped a model and my token balance went down but the tips never showed in the chat for the model. I do nt know if the model got them or where they went...lol

Upvote 0
Try sending me some, I'll let you know if it works haha

I wonder what has happened to the site recently. I thought it was the new kid on the block, showing how outdated MFC is haha
Performance issues are far from ideal

Upvote 0
Try sending me some, I'll let you know if it works haha

I wonder what has happened to the site recently. I thought it was the new kid on the block, showing how outdated MFC is haha
Performance issues are far from ideal
It seems to be different group of people either owning or running the site than when it first started out. Much has changed when they "took over".

Upvote 0
The site still is not working correctly. I tipped a model and my token balance went down but the tips never showed in the chat for the model. I do nt know if the model got them or where they went...lol
That's another thing I have experienced. As a Knight, I pay attention to Public Chat. There are occasions my tips & from other viewers, do not display in Public Chat. When that happens, viewer comments do not display, either. These things are intermittent. Not every broadcast or the whole broadcast necessarily.

Upvote 0
I couldn't get the home page to load this morning (between around 10:00am and 11:00am AEST, which is UTC+10 hours).
Checked with several live status verification tools.

View attachment 101350
Not nay-saying, but be aware that some of the "is it down" sites (even the most popular ones) are not necessarily reliable.

Some time ago, in my favourite model's room another guy from Oz who appears to be fairly tech savvy was complaining that SC had been down earlier in the day, which was why he was only just then appearing in her room (Citing one of those types of suites as proof that it was not just him) . Only problem was that at the time he (and the "is it down" site) claimed SC was down, I and many other users were enjoying the show of that model in her SC room. 🤷‍♂️

For some reason, he was very reluctant to believe me when I, and the model, told him this :facepalm:

Upvote 0
Not nay-saying, but be aware that some of the "is it down" sites (even the most popular ones) are not necessarily reliable.

Some time ago, in my favourite model's room another guy from Oz who appears to be fairly tech savvy was complaining that SC had been down earlier in the day, which was why he was only just then appearing in her room (Citing one of those types of suites as proof that it was not just him) . Only problem was that at the time he (and the "is it down" site) claimed SC was down, I and many other users were enjoying the show of that model in her SC room. 🤷‍♂️

For some reason, he was very reluctant to believe me when I, and the model, told him this :facepalm:
I have an idea it depends on the server you connect to and where you are connecting from at times as well.

Here is what I saw when the site was down, just a white wheel spinning trying to lad but not getting there.

downsite.jpg

Upvote 0

I always try a range of those 'down for me, or everyone?' sites for that very reason.
As the saying goes "Trust, but verify".

• Helpful!
Reactions: vivo and Ozzie_
Upvote 0
I have an idea it depends on the server you connect to and where you are connecting from at times as well.

Here is what I saw when the site was down, just a white wheel spinning trying to lad but not getting there.

View attachment 101359
Striphours has an outage monitor built in but it did not pick up this outage, I will see if it can be modified to look for text on the page

edit: ok i modified it to look for "model-list-item" hopefully the black screen wont contain that text if it happens again.

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: vivo
Upvote 0
You can send requests to "support" till you're blue in the face
I'm a model exclusively on there, and honestly regretting my decision. Absolutely no fucks given by them
Their servers are outdated, daily 800+ new models, you're making the dam an ocean now. If you're not on the top 100 or hall of fame on site you're fucked

Upvote 0
Same for me - CB works fine but SC is usually way too laggy to be useable (a shame because there are many models at SC that float my boat)

Maybe CB has more cache servers in or near my country (Australia), which is what gives them the advantage?

Upvote 0