AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Skype Pros & Cons

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

D_A_X

Cam Model
Sep 3, 2021
Twitter Username
@D_A_Xmfc
MFC Username
D_A_X
Hi all, from the MFC perspective, as that is the only platform I cam on, what are the advantages and disadvantages of Skype? I get asked for it quite a bit but haven't bothered with it for various reasons. I would like to know from your experiences, what are the pros and cons of offering Skype. (Please note that while I'm fully-nude, I do mostly performative strip/tease shows, non-explicit).

Thank you!!!!!

Bump....anyone?

If this has already been discuss please let me know the thread as I can't find one..... Thanks!!!

The benefits of skype are mostly for the user, not the model. They can negotiate lower prices and don't have the per-minute tick of tokens like in a private show. It's easier to go "over time" since it doesn't automatically shut off when they run out of tokens like on MFC. Often times, the user asks for Skype so they can pay outside of MFC for it, which is not allowed. Sometimes they have better video resolution if they have a bad connection to MFC.

I've always been of the opinion that sticking to private/group/club shows ON MFC itself is the safest and smartest way for models to go about shows. Taking anything off-site comes with risks.

Hi,

throwing my two cents in for what it is worth. I use skype quite a bit, I get some buyers off of MFC also. Here is a little list of pros and cons off the top of my head;

Pros:
- Better C2C connection
- True Private aka no spies
- No need to worry so much about breaking tos during calls. ( I personallly sometimes forget to keep repeating the "step-" prefix in some of my roleplays and always get a little paranoid about that)
- Can also list in the skype directories like Skyprivate (tbf they bring me very little but I am there too.)

Cons:
- Payment - people often expect to pay less for shows outside of the site and you may need to think of a solution for this or just stick to accepting tokens.

- Another stream of people messaging you unless you strictly control who gets your ID and even then it can get messy.

- Offering skypes is not widely allowed on many platforms - Careful where you mention it as an option.

I have some indie guys and use skype w them, but I've had to vet who gets my skype and who I do shows with there, extremely meticulously.
Over literally years.

When Randos on MFC buy my skype, it often not for positive reasons, that are beneficial to me long-term. In any sense at all. Sure I can get them to continue as is, but it takes a lot of strong arming and strong boundaries, because in essence they tend to be the cheap, boundary pushing crew. Often times they end up get kicked from my skype, for pestering w/o proper compensation. I also put my skype discoverability off, because the guys who specifically look for me on skype, are not worth is. Or I'd say 90% not worth it.

The wonderful skype clients I do have, were not gotten easily, and were people who did years of shows on other sites, then got a hold of me through my Twitter links etc, and specifically asked to do more indie stuff with me. When they do that, and they are Good Clients, worth doing that with, they are organized, and don't blow you up. They are also always willing and ready, to pay any way you request, immediately. The average guy that requests your Skype, or tries to search you there, is usually definitely 100 percent not of that caliber. They are usually worse than average, or below mediocre level clients. But there are some exceptions, and some guys that with a lot of strong arming, end up redeemable and trainable, as great Indie clients. It takes a lot of hard work, communication, strong boundaries, and a lot of shitty leads to filter through, first though.

Depending on your personal situation, it may be more energy expenditure than it's worth. That would only be for you to math and decide.
If I were just starting out year 1 or year 2; I wouldn't fuck with it. Unless you've gotten really advanced and fast at reading them, super quick.
Which is not where I was at year 1 or 2.

ETA; Also even with the guys I've known years, I still use the tip feature on IWC where I get 90% or LF (where I get 80%) to get payment. I'm not fucking with cashapp or any of that.

Maybe I'm over cautious, but I'm surrounded by really good financial people. I want all my money very easily trackable, taxable and income provable, without any ambiguity, risk or detailed analysis.

Last edited:
Ya'll are amazing ~ thanks so much, ladies. You basically echo my sentiments too, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on anything really pivotal. I think you've all hit the nail on the head for me and pretty much validated that I DON'T want to get into SKYPE, at least not right now. I'm only 10 months in and I find juggling MFC's vast options daunting as it is. Staying on the platform makes me feel more secure all around. As a non-explicit I offer other options on my Share that work kinda like Skype (One-on-One Clubs) and I don't have to leave the platform at any time.

@AmberCutie I keep forgetting to take a picture when I'm all dolled up to get verified here... I'll do that next stream.....you all have helped me so much since before I even started. Anybody seriously thinking about camming needs to make this forum DAILY READING.

Thanks so much!!!! 😘😘😘