AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Sending Edible Gifts in Mail

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 10, 2010
Hi Everyone!

I have been getting gifts off my amazon list and wanted to return the favor by sending a candy,cookie, or something homemade back. I attempted to make caramel popcorn tonight, but it got all soggy. Cookies will crumble and break in the mail...So what should I send?

What edible gifts have you sent? How? What shipping company?

xoxo SuzySmartz

Yea cookies are a bad idea when I was in the navy and I was in the persian gulf mom wanted to send me some cookies and she asked me how many to send i joked and said well there are 200 people on my ship. I got 4 gallon ice cream buckets full of cookie blob (she makes hers moist). But everyone loved them and a lot of people sent her thank you letters. She got a big kick out of that.
But here is something that might help
http://allrecipes.com/HowTo/mailing-cookies/detail.aspx

How about brownies or fudge.

When I had friends serving overseas, I'd send cookies and fudge or other candy. Don't send anything heavy, like a tin of fudge, in the same container or box with anything light like cookies or other fragile baked goods. Baked goods can be shipped fairly successfully if you use a lot of bubble wrap and make them packed in tight so nothing shifts when being thrown by the delivery service. Softer cookies ship better than really crispy [overdone] ones. The good thing about a fudge [or any kind of a candy of that texture] is that when you pack it, [layered with wax paper between] it will form back to a solid piece and will have to be recut upon opening.... or as many said they did, just used a spoon to eat a little at a time..... :-D

delivery is totally up to you. how fast or how much you are willing to spend.

Damn it..... now I want to make some fudge with pecans. :evil:

From my experience, if you pack the cookies/edibles right they won't crumble. My mom makes a version of chocolate chip cookies that are harder and she used to send them to dad whenever he went on deployments. She would layer and pack them in tight so that they didn't shift and bump around during delivery. The pringles can idea works really well too. :) Bubble wrap and other shipping products to seal the extra space around the bag work really well too.

Status
Not open for further replies.