AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Scam models

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As an aside, some dilweed was in one of my favorite's rooms today screaming SCAM! because he had tipped tokens towards a public oil show, and the model, get this, did not begin the show immediately after the goal had been met. (She took a couple of minutes to answer some PMs first.) The dude was going on like he had lost his inheritance.

Oh, and she ended up doing an amazing show.

ComicOzzie said:
As an aside, some dilweed was in one of my favorite's rooms today screaming SCAM! because he had tipped tokens towards a public oil show, and the model, get this, did not begin the show immediately after the goal had been met. (She took a couple of minutes to answer some PMs first.) The dude was going on like he had lost his inheritance.

Hah, quite frequently there will be a good 5 or 10 minutes between hitting a goal and doing a show. There's stuff that has to be attended to before our hands are too busy to deal with 'em.

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
Shaun__ said:
You should not be afraid to go to lower ranked models and give them a chance. I honestly think a lot of them get their low ranks just from the long hours they put in not because they are bad models.

Some of the lower ranked models are awesome too, they just don't give a shit about scamscores. Caveat emptor!

Bocefish said:
Shaun__ said:
You should not be afraid to go to lower ranked models and give them a chance. I honestly think a lot of them get their low ranks just from the long hours they put in not because they are bad models.

Some of the lower ranked models are awesome too, they just don't give a shit about scamscores. Caveat emptor!
Its scary down there sometimes but there are some gems. I have taken to going to the first model on the list and using the Previous Model to start at the lowest and see whats online on the bottom of the scales. I have had a few interesting conversations with models that have less than a 200 camscore.

Tyrsca said:
Its scary down there sometimes but there are some gems. I have taken to going to the first model on the list and using the Previous Model to start at the lowest and see whats online on the bottom of the scales. I have had a few interesting conversations with models that have less than a 200 camscore.

You're welcome for the idea. ;)

I don't find low camscores scary at all - having a low camscore is in no way an indication that a model is more likely to scam you. Suggesting that it is would also be suggesting that higher camscore models only refrain from scamming you out of fear for their reputation - I don't think that's true on average either.

AmberCutie said:
ComicOzzie said:

Hah, quite frequently there will be a good 5 or 10 minutes between hitting a goal and doing a show. There's stuff that has to be attended to before our hands are too busy to deal with 'em.

No! SCAM! You must do show MEOW! RIGHT MEOW!
I was shocked by how many people actually thought you were serious the other day when I was starting the wax show. I guess this happens often enough :/

JoleneJolene said:
AmberCutie said:
ComicOzzie said:

I was shocked by how many people actually thought you were serious the other day when I was starting the wax show. I guess this happens often enough :/
BLARGH! I hope my joke didn't cause any issues for you.

AmberCutie said:
JoleneJolene said:
AmberCutie said:
ComicOzzie said:

BLARGH! I hope my joke didn't cause any issues for you.

Oh heck no! I thought it was super duper funny!

LovelyBelle said:
I have a much simpler suggestion for you: Only hang out with models in the first couple of rows. These models have made it to the top and earned a good reputation. The chances of finding a "scammer" model among the top models are much lower than if you seek out a new model.

If you do that, you miss out on a lot of great girls.

I've found several girls with very low scores who were beautiful and friendly, they just hadn't learned how to work the system yet (their scores often rise later).

If you do get scammed, feel free to shout it from the hilltops- trash the girl in the lounge, give her a poor rating, leave a note of warning on her page. Scammers deserve all the scorn you can give them.

Reactions: SoTxBob
Shaun__ said:

Yep. I used to hang out in Ninja Blue's room when she had a cam score of 1,500. Now she is just Blu___ and has a cam score of 12,000. They are the same people, just with different cam scores.

WolfDShadow said:
There are some that rig raffles too so they can control who wins.

You've SEEN this happen? Or are you making an assumption, simply because you're noticing generous tippers winning often?

If a member is known for winning several raffles, why not just assume that he's a generous tipper?

And if grown men actually get butthurt about not winning a raffle, why don't they just tip the set token amount for the prize (if that applies)? In many cases, the prize(s) being raffled off can just be purchased with a single tip of ___ tokens. Some members have a shitload of tokens and can just tip for the specific prize (without having to deal with a raffle), yet they get all pissy if they don't win the raffle for it. LOL. That's just silly to me.

Reactions: Nordling
The_Brown_Fox said:
WolfDShadow said:
There are some that rig raffles too so they can control who wins.

You've SEEN this happen? Or are you making an assumption, simply because you're noticing generous tippers winning often?

If a member is known for winning several raffles, why not just assume that he's a generous tipper?

And if grown men actually get butthurt about not winning a raffle, why don't they just tip the set token amount for the prize (if that applies)? In many cases, the prize(s) being raffled off can just be purchased with a single tip of ___ tokens. Some members have a shitload of tokens and can just tip for the specific prize (without having to deal with a raffle), yet they get all pissy if they don't win the raffle for it. LOL. That's just silly to me.
Pretty sure that happens, not certain enough on any particular model to name names, but considering the expense/risk/drama of say, a date raffle, having the model's own premium account win after buying a couple of tickets is an attractive enough option that some would certainly take it.
There was a thread somewhere, a model had seen another model pretending to write out raffle tickets with the cap of the pen on etc, and just generally acting really shady.

I'm sure it happens.

Jupiter551 said:
There was a thread somewhere, a model had seen another model pretending to write out raffle tickets with the cap of the pen on etc, and just generally acting really shady.

I'm sure it happens.

Well, then that model just sucks, and needs to stop doing raffles if she's not gonna do it properly, the way us honest girls do it.

I always hold each raffle ticket up to the cam so the tipper can see that his name is written on it. And on the raffle night, I have zee bowl in cam's view and close my eyes when reaching in zee bowl for a ticket.

The_Brown_Fox said:
I always hold each raffle ticket up to the cam so the tipper can see that his name is written on it. And on the raffle night, I have zee bowl in cam's view and close my eyes when reaching in zee bowl for a ticket.
I saw not long ago a model drawing an all-expenses paid from anywhere in the world date-raffle. I was curious to watch because I think by definition such a raffle is fake - you couldn't fly someone from Australia to Europe, put them up for a week etc for under $5-6k at least.

She pulled out a ticket after "shuffling" in the bowl for quite a while, looked at it, dropped it back in pulled out another one, looked at it, announced this one the winner (some unknown guy no one's ever seen before or since) and that was that lol. There were a few "hey wtf"s at her drawing technique but she just ignored them, and none of the major ticket buyers was online for the draw anyway (convenient if you wanted to rig it without a lot of anger).

Jupiter551 said:
The_Brown_Fox said:
I saw not long ago a model drawing an all-expenses paid from anywhere in the world date-raffle. I was curious to watch because I think by definition such a raffle is fake - you couldn't fly someone from Australia to Europe, put them up for a week etc for under $5-6k at least.

She pulled out a ticket after "shuffling" in the bowl for quite a while, looked at it, dropped it back in pulled out another one, looked at it, announced this one the winner (some unknown guy no one's ever seen before or since) and that was that lol. There were a few "hey wtf"s at her drawing technique but she just ignored them, and none of the major ticket buyers was online for the draw anyway (convenient if you wanted to rig it without a lot of anger).
Ha! I'd suggest to her that if she wants to scam, at least be clever about it. No one likes to be fooled by a crook, but being fooled by a dumb crook, is doubly embarrassing. :)

Jupiter551 said:

If a guy finds that he's being scammed on MFC on a daily basis, then he needs to wise up and stop tipping greedy, shady bitches. LOL. It's not wise to buy 20 raffle tickets (100 tokens per ticket) from a chick whose profile pic isn't even of herself...whose profile info is nothing but lies...whose room you've only been in for 3 seconds...who's not even paying attention to her chat, but is spending her entire shift watching t.v. and texting. Are you seriously about to tip 2,000 tokens to THAT girl just because she has a nice ass and CLAIMS to be raffling a custom video? :lol:

Fake raffles DO happen sometimes, but I'm gonna agree with Jolene that MOST raffles are legit. If you're that worried about being scammed, then just don't tip for raffle tickets anymore.

Use your best judgement. A lot of us are hard-working models who have spent a lot of off-cam time planning our REAL raffles. So don't let bad experiences with some greedy, shady bitches scare you away from participating in other models' raffles. For every bullshit model who scammed you, there's tons of legit models you're missing out on. Visit THEM and give them your money.

And no, I'm not directing this at you, Jupiter. It's directed at anyone who needs a reminder to "Think, think, think!" before tipping for some of this stuff. You're not getting your tokens back.

Reactions: Nordling
Status
Not open for further replies.