AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Scam models

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2011
I have been a member of MFC for nearly a year now and generally have had a good time on there, BUT also i have been scammed with fake raffles, tokens taken from me and the model not doing the show(i know this happens a lot on the site), a model which was supposed to be a personal friend taking tokens from me for something but then saying they was a gift when they knew they weren't(how low can you get stealing money from a supposed friend?) and refusing to give the value of the tokens back, harrassed in PM to go private when i have no tokens and can't afford any by a model i was friends with who then ignores you etc. I used to be a big tipper but after all this crap i just go on there for the chat now, but the whole point of my post is what can us members do to protect ourselves from this happening? Because as things stand now the models know they can get away with anything they like with no repurcussions so thats why they do it, if you complain to MFC about the model they will just ignore it, if you go in the models room and try and warn other members the model will just ban you from the room, and if you post on the models wall they will just delete the post. There have been threads on here for models about dealing with troll members so come on members how can we deal with models who scam and steal?

Redone said:
I have been a member of MFC for nearly a year now and generally have had a good time on there, BUT also i have been scammed with fake raffles, tokens taken from me and the model not doing the show(i know this happens a lot on the site), a model which was supposed to be a personal friend taking tokens from me for something but then saying they was a gift when they knew they weren't(how low can you get stealing money from a supposed friend?) and refusing to give the value of the tokens back, harrassed in PM to go private when i have no tokens and can't afford any by a model i was friends with who then ignores you etc. I used to be a big tipper but after all this crap i just go on there for the chat now, but the whole point of my post is what can us members do to protect ourselves from this happening? Because as things stand now the models know they can get away with anything they like with no repurcussions so thats why they do it, if you complain to MFC about the model they will just ignore it, if you go in the models room and try and warn other members the model will just ban you from the room, and if you post on the models wall they will just delete the post. There have been threads on here for models about dealing with troll members so come on members how can we deal with models who scam and steal?

Pick better model friends. Seriously.

You don't want to be scammed? Then read up on the model. Go to camscorestats.com, see if there are comments about her. Look at her profile, see what she is offering and watch her for a few days before you start tipping her.

If you are giving your money and tokens to a model you aren't sure of or that you don't know very well then you are taking a chance that she will either thank you for the tokens and reward you or she will take them and run.

The rules say that tokens ARE in fact a gift.
Public shows are against the rules, though many of us do them, it is still clearly stated in the rules. If you tip for a public show and she doesn't do it, then technically, no matter what her topic is, there can be no consequence other than the fact that she now has your money.

I have had a goal up for a public show and only gotten HALF of what was needed after two hours and politely told the room that I was grateful for the tips, but that I couldn't stay on and wouldn't be doing a show because my goal was never met. I was then told that I SHOULD do a show because people tipped towards the goal, though it was never achieved. I don't have to do a show. I certainly do not have to feel guilt tripped into doing one because someone tipped me 500 tokens, but the goal was never actually met.

You wanna tip for a show and not be scammed? Follow the rules and take the girl private, there if she doesn't do what you want her to all you have to do is leave the private show and not go back. There is no reason why you should be scammed out of anything by a model.

If you have tipped for a raffle for a model that you do not know, then you are a sucker for giving her money and not knowing how she runs things. Unless she is a well known and reputable model, then you shouldn't be entering a raffle for a model you have only just met. Raffles take trust, of course some models are going to abuse the trust, but it is up to you to get to know a model and see if she is worth tipping.

No one says you HAVE to tip a model, but it is nice when you do. Especially, if you are hanging out in her room and chatting with her.

Let's face the fact that models are not your friends, they are someone that is WORKING. I DO chat with people that are not able to tip, some that have NEVER tipped me, and I am friendly with some of my basics that have become regulars. But the whole point is that I am here to work and make money, so technically if I want to be "that guy", I don't have to pay you any attention if you aren't going to compensate me for my time.

I am not on mfc to make friends, I am there to pay my bills.

I have a much simpler suggestion for you: Only hang out with models in the first couple of rows. These models have made it to the top and earned a good reputation. The chances of finding a "scammer" model among the top models are much lower than if you seek out a new model.

LovelyBelle said:
I have a much simpler suggestion for you: Only hang out with models in the first couple of rows. These models have made it to the top and earned a good reputation. The chances of finding a "scammer" model among the top models are much lower than if you seek out a new model.
But what about those of us who aren't scammers on the 7th row? Does that mean because our camscores are lower that we're scammers? That's kind of unfair advice considering most of the girls on the site are 3rd row or lower on the homepage.

Can't agree with that Lovely, although I do understand your reasoning

I find its better to take the "why you consider a model a friend" advice, I would never give any model on MFC anything sensitive like I would a friend. I get on well with a few models and we'll chat a lot through MFCand twitter but thats where it ends. My "MFC Life" and my "real life" are completely independent of each other, down to separate twitters et all. I think that some men get too easily sucked into the "friend" thing by unscrupulous models, who take advantage of some mens insecurities

btw im sure this is not true for EVERYONE on MFC, im sure there are good and bad stories from both sides

Reactions: LadyLuna
Sammer models? What are they?

I have spent about 3 years on this site and between this and my previous profile spent over $1,000 on tokens. I can say I have never been scammed in that entire time. Either I'm a better judge of character than you are or my expectations have been more reasonable.

If you engage with a model and drop 50 or 100 tokens for no reason other than to say hello or because she is naked in free you will get a better response than you have been getting. After that, how you engage with a model is up to you, but she knows that you are not a worthless twat and actually worth a little of her time.

Seeing a model as a online friend I see nothing wrong with but don't give out to much personal info unless you truly know the model off line too and have a offline friendship with. I agree that you should sit back and watch a models room to get a feel for her before trusting her since there are models that do scam members all the time. Offering Skype shows is a big one I've seen since once she has your money there is nothing to make her do the show. There are some that rig raffles too so they can control who wins. needless to say tipping tokens is a gift and MFC treats them that way.

Reactions: JoleneBrody
WolfDShadow said:
Seeing a model as a online friend I see nothing wrong with but don't give out to much personal info unless you truly know the model off line too and have a offline friendship with. I agree that you should sit back and watch a models room to get a feel for her before trusting her since there are models that do scam members all the time. Offering Skype shows is a big one I've seen since once she has your money there is nothing to make her do the show. There are some that rig raffles too so they can control who wins. needless to say tipping tokens is a gift and MFC treats them that way.

Oh man. In all of your posts here, you've shown nothing but a distrustful and bad attitude towards models.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnvhrjsWSh1qcr3i7.gif

Reactions: Rose
Redone said:
BUT also i have been scammed with fake raffles, tokens taken from me and the model not doing the show(i know this happens a lot on the site),

It sounds like you have been on MFC for a year and have been scammed quite a bit. I would think you would have learned something by now! I've been on MFC for only a few months and I know better than that! I have yet have any model TAKE tokens from me! My tokens are kept under lock and key! If I didn't know the model very well I wouldn't be giving her a lot of tokens in hopes of seeing a public show. Like others have said, go private. If she doesn't do what you ask (as long as it's reasonable) within a few minutes get out! Don't waste all your time begging! Maybe you need to start a topic called "For dumb asses only." That way you can talk with another guy I know with a similar problem.
By the way, I only have one hot model that I give 99.9% of my tokens to and I'm just trying to help her pay her bills, even though I know she wants to be more than just friends with me! :lol:

Lily90x said:
WolfDShadow said:

Oh man. In all of your posts here, you've shown nothing but a distrustful and bad attitude towards models.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnvhrjsWSh1qcr3i7.gif

I'm not saying all models are bad but there are some that are. There are models that I like on MFC and trust but since I was stuck at basic status for as long as I was I have seen a lot of things that are just plain wrong.

Longhorn9in said:
Redone said:
BUT also i have been scammed with fake raffles, tokens taken from me and the model not doing the show(i know this happens a lot on the site),

It sounds like you have been on MFC for a year and have been scammed quite a bit. I would think you would have learned something by now! I've been on MFC for only a few months and I know better than that! I have yet have any model TAKE tokens from me! My tokens are kept under lock and key! If I didn't know the model very well I wouldn't be giving her a lot of tokens in hopes of seeing a public show. Like others have said, go private. If she doesn't do what you ask (as long as it's reasonable) within a few minutes get out! Don't waste all your time begging! Maybe you need to start a topic called "For dumb asses only." That way you can talk with another guy I know with a similar problem.
By the way, I only have one hot model that I give 99.9% of my tokens to and I'm just trying to help her pay her bills, even though I know she wants to be more than just friends with me! :lol:

Just like the OP thought he was getting more for this tokens? :roll:

As to the topic, the only recourse we members have is word of mouth and that includes posting on forums such as these. But you have to have a thick skin, most posters here will not show any sympathy for you. Do a search on my posts, my first one was about a scam a model, who I thought was my friend, tried to pull on me after having known her for 1.5 years.

Just try to keep in mind this is a job for them and MFC has gone through great lengths to use social engineering to make the site successful. MFC just as much as the models want you to think they are friends or there is the possibility for more because you are more likely to to spend money.

Just Me said:
Longhorn9in said:

He's talking about me and he is kidding. :p

Reactions: Longhorn9in
I am sorry but after 1 year I would have known what too look for in a model. I would lurk in her room to get the feel of it and maybe struck a conversation with her before I shell out my money to her. Gotta think with the head in between your shoulders instead with the one on your dick sometimes bro sorry.

Reactions: Longhorn9in
Can we change the name of this thread from "scam models" to "titty baby wahwah whiners"? :lol:

ohmystarz said:
Just Me said:
Longhorn9in said:

Thank you Starz! I guess some people on here are just way to serious! It was a joke people!!!

Reactions: RogueWarrior
Longhorn9in said:
ohmystarz said:
Just Me said:
Longhorn9in said:

Thank you Starz! I guess some people on here are just way to serious! It was a joke people!!!

Sorry, didn't catch that it was a joke meant for someone. I saw the lol at the end but the way it was worded I thought it was "the pot calling the kettle black". My apologies. :oops:

WolfDShadow said:

This is the most intelligent and well worded thing you have ever posted!
I agree that a lot of girls may be playing shifty games, but more girls aren't. If you want to tip for what she is currently doing that is making you happy, do eet! If you want to tip for a skype, videos or a raffle, sit back a few and learn about her. Maybe take place in the convo and get a feel for her regs and how she runs her room.

LovelyBelle said:

I'm sorry but it is attitudes like that that makes it really hard for us newbs to make it on MFC. I work hard and I don't scam anyone. Only look at top models? No, not right

ohmystarz said:
You don't want to be scammed? Then read up on the model. Go to camscorestats.com, see if there are comments about her. Look at her profile, see what she is offering and watch her for a few days before you start tipping her.

You wanna tip for a show and not be scammed? Follow the rules and take the girl private, there if she doesn't do what you want her to all you have to do is leave the private show and not go back. There is no reason why you should be scammed out of anything by a model.

If you have tipped for a raffle for a model that you do not know, then you are a sucker for giving her money and not knowing how she runs things.

Let's face the fact that models are not your friends, they are someone that is WORKING. I DO chat with people that are not able to tip... But the whole point is that I am here to work and make money...

I am not on mfc to make friends, I am there to pay my bills.

Pardon the severe edit, but they should make the entire post part of an MFC orientation video for new members. Take ohmystarz's advice to heart Redone. Be a wary and self educated "Camsumer". Just as you wouldn't hire a roofer and pay him 100% upfront, you've got to maintain some level of mistrust on MFC too.

LovelyBelle wrote:
I have a much simpler suggestion for you: Only hang out with models in the first couple of rows. These models have made it to the top and earned a good reputation.

I do not agree with the "ONLY" part, but I see where she's coming from. Top models are more likely to reach show goals, so you enjoy some measure of protection if you tip toward a show with them. Lower ranked models set goals for shows too, but now you have to make a judgement call, is the goal she set reasonable? How many premium members are in the room? Are guys tipping at a rate where the goal is likely to be achieved? Usually, I think, when a lower ranked model doesn't reach a goal & doesn't do a show it's bad planning & a lack of alternatives, not theft.

Usually, I think, when a lower ranked model doesn't reach a goal & doesn't do a show it's bad planning & a lack of alternatives, not theft.

Exactly this. When I do countdowns, sometimes it doesnt work out and I have to log off because its late and/or I have my camscore to worry about. I try to give a flash or a little dance and say thank you when people do tip so that they get SOMETHING for their tokens. Ive had people get butthurt over it before, but seriously, you tipped 20 tokens and now you feel you deserve the whole show before my goal is met? :snooty:

Jessi said:
Usually, I think, when a lower ranked model doesn't reach a goal & doesn't do a show it's bad planning & a lack of alternatives, not theft.

Exactly this. When I do countdowns, sometimes it doesnt work out and I have to log off because its late and/or I have my camscore to worry about. I try to give a flash or a little dance and say thank you when people do tip so that they get SOMETHING for their tokens. Ive had people get butthurt over it before, but seriously, you tipped 20 tokens and now you feel you deserve the whole show before my goal is met? :snooty:
I agree on both quotes. If a count isn't reached, a consolation prize is a nice alternative.

YourSavannah said:
LovelyBelle said:

I'm sorry but it is attitudes like that that makes it really hard for us newbs to make it on MFC. I work hard and I don't scam anyone. Only look at top models? No, not right
I agree I work my ass off too and I do not same either. I am also one of low camscore only because I was an idiot newb that stayed online too damn long waiting for that one tipper everything so now I am basically army crawling through the rainy stormy days pulling myself out. Honey it does not matter how high or low of a cam score you have both sides can scam which is a low thing to do. You just need to lurk see who you like and see if she is trustworthy no matter how high or how low her score is.

I propose we refer to any future allegedly scamming models as "scamwhores"

AmberCutie said:
Jessi said:

I agree on both quotes. If a count isn't reached, a consolation prize is a nice alternative.

I know a model that regularly set countdown shows way too high and she, as well as the members who contributed were consistently left frustrated. I tried to talk to her about lowering her show goals until she became more popular, but she was too proud and stubborn. She wasn't scamming, but I could see how it could be interpreted that way. Needless to say, her popularity dwindled because less and less people tipped for a show that would likely never happen. Talk about a camscore killer.

If a show goal isn't met, it's a good idea to have be some sort of consolation in mind for the contributors or at least continue next time at whatever the count left off at instead of starting a whole new countdown from scratch.

YourSavannah said:
LovelyBelle said:

I was a bit reluctant to post in this thread, but a top row model promised me some stuff when drunk one night and never followed through with it. I did not care because it was just collateral stuff I was getting from buying raffle tickets and not something I even wanted. I also had another medium ranked model make promises not kept. And neither of them had purple in their name before I get accused of restarting that again. My point is that the top row is no safer than the bottom row on MFC. You spend your money and take your chances.

You should not be afraid to go to lower ranked models and give them a chance. I honestly think a lot of them get their low ranks just from the long hours they put in not because they are bad models.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Status
Not open for further replies.