AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Revised version of previous 'looking to hire actor for crowdfunding project' thread

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious if it's just being naive that leads to this not being the first option for a few recent people that have made threads here. It really is as simple as you suggest. Hard not to assume sometimes that people are looking for cheap labor but I wonder if just being a noob is more often to blame.

It's probably a matter of budget... they want to cut the middle man and perhaps find a bargain. He clearly wanted to find a model willing to do this in exchange for promises, so I don't think he has much to spend right now. But I think starting right now without the video would be a better use of his time.

Reactions: Gen and heybarkeep
Hey can I just ask how is this forum funded? Is it wealthy? I'm not insensitive to how helpful and honest the community have been here and wanted to check if mentioning it in the crowd funder campaign would be welcome/un-necesary/appreciated/unwanted etc

The whole thing may flop but I'm just thinking best case scenario here for publicity for the forum. If one of the mods can let me know please. Being new to the online adult industry it might be an interesting read for others in similar situations.

Hey can I just ask how is this forum funded? Is it wealthy? I'm not insensitive to how helpful and honest the community have been here and wanted to check if mentioning it in the crowd funder campaign would be welcome/un-necesary/appreciated/unwanted etc

The whole thing may flop but I'm just thinking best case scenario here for publicity for the forum. If one of the mods can let me know please. Being new to the online adult industry it might be an interesting read for others in similar situations.

Amber runs it herself dude w/ no outside $$ help *I believe*.. HENCE the name.. AmberCutie Forum... ::Facepalm::

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I think the purchasing of merch helps contribute to the forums too.
Amber runs it herself dude w/ no outside $$ help *I believe*.. HENCE the name.. AmberCutie Forum... ::Facepalm::

I don't get why the hostile tone towards OP. Even if you don't like his ideas he's pretty darn open to that and taking criticism and advice really well, and nicely.

And I gotta disagree with some of my colleagues. Rev share and business partnership could be very enticing to many performers but it will be hard to sell without at least a solid base line for them to see, hence my previous suggestion. If I had a choice between $1000 now or $500 now and $20 per unit that sells thereafter, I would be more interested in the longer term partnership if I had reason to believe in the product, but long term business planning is something I'm always doing anyway.

Most of the more complex male toys that are marketed towards straight men specifically use female models, or show couples. The beefy dude flexing is usually used for male penetrative toys since the larger audience for those are gay men. Not that men of all orientation don't enjoy all types of toys, but the largest demographic is usually reflected in the advertising.

Rev share and business partnership could be very enticing to many performers but it will be hard to sell without at least a solid base line for them to see, hence my previous suggestion. If I had a choice between $1000 now or $500 now and $20 per unit that sells thereafter, I would be more interested in the longer term partnership if I had reason to believe in the product, but long term business planning is something I'm always doing anyway.
I totally agree with you here if he was still talking about just the short 30-ish second promo clip. I'd totally be interested in making that deal, for either the flat $1000 or the $500 plus revshare. If it DOES turn out well, hey cool. And personally I've always wanted to be one of the models on a sex toy package so it's kinda on my radar anyway... but the additional adult videos would probably feature content I don't make/charge WAY more for so that's a no-go for me.

Example. Some Best selling masturbater toys on Adam & eve. and the click bait ad to get you to the male toys section.

Attachments

• A&E.jpg
    A&E.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 14
  • A&E3.jpg
    A&E3.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 14
  • A&E4.jpg
    A&E4.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 14
  • A&E2.jpg
    A&E2.jpg