AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Quitting for your SO

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PlayboyMegan said:
Paulie Walnuts said:
Any man who has a problem with their woman making her own money, and enjoying her job needs a slap in the head.
)
I disagree. It's perfectly normal for a man to want intimate moments to be shared between him and his SO only.
"My husband doesn't let me fuck other guys for money, he needs a slap in the head!"
That's just ridiculous. He has every right not to be comfortable with sharing his partner in those ways.

There's quite a notable difference between respecting a career choice like cam-modelling, or Playboy against something like prostitution. Of course a SO may not support the choice - but that doesn't mean they should force the other party to compromise out of personal discomfort.

It might not be so wise to quit MFC, even if they could financially support you - it creates dependency on them.

:twocents-02cents:

hornygods said:
PlayboyMegan said:
Paulie Walnuts said:
Any man who has a problem with their woman making her own money, and enjoying her job needs a slap in the head.
)
I disagree. It's perfectly normal for a man to want intimate moments to be shared between him and his SO only.
"My husband doesn't let me fuck other guys for money, he needs a slap in the head!"
That's just ridiculous. He has every right not to be comfortable with sharing his partner in those ways.

There's quite a notable difference between respecting a career choice like cam-modelling, or Playboy against something like prostitution. Of course a SO may not support the choice - but that doesn't mean they should force the other party to compromise out of personal discomfort.

It might not be so wise to quit MFC, even if they could financially support you - it creates dependency on them.

:twocents-02cents:
I mentioned prostitution because Paulie did not clarify. SO should never have to force. Either the two are not compatible, or the cam girl wants to compromise to make the SO feel comfortable. Neither of those two things are forced.

Reactions: MadJohnson
PlayboyMegan said:
SO should never have to force. Either the two are not compatible, or the cam girl wants to compromise to make the SO feel comfortable. Neither of those two things are forced.
^^^ This, exactly ^^^

Quite simply, each person places value on aspects of their life, such as their job, career (which is usually quite distinct from their job), family, hobbies, and, yes, love. Without being overly romantic, people make compromises all the time for partners, many of them foolish to be sure. But many of these compromises are part of life. We each compromise all the time, from the selection of a restaurant for dinner to moving across the country because one of the partners gets a much better job. To dismiss, in the general case, any compromise, any change in one's own behavior for the sake of a partner as wholly inappropriate is, quite frankly, absurd.

I completely understand and respect the perspective of models for whom camming is an integral part of their happiness and self-identity. For them, perhaps giving it up would be a bridge too far. But I'm surprised that so many seem to find the mere concept of a current or potential SO being uncomfortable with their partner camming as not just a complete non-starter, but a somehow wrong and coercive. I know for myself, there are very few aspects of my life which I wouldn't at least consider changing to accomodate a partner for whom I cared. I would certainly want someone I was dating to talk to me about it.

I've been following this thread, fascinated, since it was posted. I must say, this perspective seems to be one that just isn't coming up and I'm not sure why. Perhaps it's not as widely held as I would imagine? Ultimately, each person makes their own judgement about the relative value of these things and by no means am I suggesting that those who feel strongly about choosing camming over an SO are acting wrongly. Merely I am surprised that so many consider it never to be acceptable to asking an SO to change careers.

That all said, I do suspect this forum may have something of a selection bias at play. :)

I think we have all pretty well agreed that it's when a person enters a relationship with someone, who is also happy with what she does, not being comfortable and knowing they will ask that person to change.

I think the reason why we feel very strongly about it is possibly because camming takes a lot of ourselves and hard work to make happen. Not saying other jobs don't just in my experience in the job force I have never had a job that took as much blood, sweat, tears and heart as camming has. Unless it was a situation like I listed before where it was something the couple tried as a team and quite as a team I could not imagine giving up something I've put this much of myself into and IMO succeeded. It would literally break my heart to be asked to quite by someone I love.
Like asking Amelia Earhart to quite flying. If you have a fear of planes you shouldn't have asked her for a second date.

Status
Not open for further replies.