AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Pixel Companions App (Similar to StreamAvatars)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

NaomiNSFW

Cam Model
Mar 3, 2024
mia.nsfwsites.info
Twitter Username
@MiaBDSM
Chaturbate Username
miabunni
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1008138671/miabunni/
Chaturbate recently released support for Overlays for OBS, Splitcam etc... in there Sandbox and hosted a Hackathon.

I made an app called Pixel Companions which is similar to apps like Steam Avatars for Twitch where each user gets a custom avatar at the bottom of the screen. These Avatars can react to tips, certain events, message events, etc... with plenty more planned. They also randomly move around and play unique animations.

For what I know this is the first time this has been done for a NSFW streaming site so hopefully y'all like it. Joystick.tv may be releasing something similar soon which is a bit more polished for their site.

Demo

How does this benefit me?
  • Users are incentivised to tip a certain amount to get an avatar. This amount can be changed in the settings and by default is `100 tokens`
  • You can offer custom avatars for Fanclub members only
  • Pixel Companions can send up to 5 custom messages such as "Keep going!" or "You're Hot!" which you can change in the settings to whatever you want.
  • It's easier for you to see who your big tippers are and who is sending tokens & sending messages.
Supported Events
  • Tips - A gold coin will appear whenever a user tips and a custom animation will play
  • Not-Tipping - When a user doesn't tip for a couple of minutes their avatar will begin to sleep. Once they tip again it will wake up.
  • Random - Avatars will randomly walk around the screen and occasionally play a unique animation
  • Vanishing - All the companions vanish with a unique animation when a user enters, leaves or you use `/companions clear`

Installation Instructions
To install this app simply search Pixel Companions when adding a new app and it should show up

Source Code

More stuff coming soon hopefully. Including additional Avatars, Animations, Events etc... It depends on how well it goes down and if y'all want to use it or not. I'm going to use it for some of my streams on slow days but not all. I can see it being useful for those who broadcast Video Games on the site.

Upvote 0
Undoubtedly the most unique overlay app so far, congrats!

• Hugs
Reactions: NaomiNSFW
Upvote 0
Screenshot 2024-08-16 at 20.09.42.png

So I um. I did some testing recently. 5000 sprites. It didn't crash so I think that's a success 😝.
The colours look a bit funky for some avatars so i'll change that soon. If anyone has any suggestions for avatars or cosmetics let me know. I'm hopefully adding hats tomorrow

Upvote 0
Bug Fixes and a new Character
Fixed a bug whereby if you use /companions clear it would clear all the key-value pairs accidentally wiping all data. This is only an issue with one specific version and it wont happen now.

I've also split the commands into /companions clear and /companions destroy for this reason to differentiate the 2. The first clearing any avatars off the screen and the latter wiping all Companions data.

Also added a new character called "Swampling". Looks a bit like Pokemon's Trubbish haha

Upvote 0
New Companions
Swampling and Imp have made an appearance in the latest version of the App.

Screenshot 2024-08-27 at 19.26.46.pngScreenshot 2024-08-27 at 19.26.41.png

Switch Companions Token Cost
You can now also charge users whenever they want to switch the Avatar for their companion instead of allowing free changes via the /companion command. By default this is disabled but you can change it in the settings.

Upvote 0
Bug fix time
A major bug has been fixed that affected anyone who installed the app within the past few days. Chaturbate doesn't automatically update apps unfortunately so you'll need to manually update it yourself from the settings.

The bug involved Characters not spawning when a user tipped if the list of disabled companions was empty. Until now the app has been in beta but i'm happy to say it's in official release now and you shouldn't get the same errors going forward. Again if you're having issues or would like to send a suggestion feel free to message me here. Thanks.

Introducing the whole crew
Screenshot 2024-08-28 at 22.01.02.png

Upvote 0