AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Now I've seen everything in alleged gaming accessories.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jupiter551

V.I.P. AmberLander
Feb 2, 2011
GUNNAR Advanced Gaming Eyewear is a technical eyewear solution that helps protect, enhance and optimize your vision. Whether you are gaming for long hours or working on the computer GUNNAR eyewear helps minimize eye fatigue and visual stress, while improving contrast, comfort, and focus.
http://www.gunnars.com/bestbuy/
Seriously? You need special fucking glasses to play video games now?

I'm guessing this guy looks so pouty because he just spent $100 on non-prescription glasses he didn't even need
what_are_gunnars.jpg

And wearing a good headset like that while wearing a pair of glasses SUCKS. If I could avoid wearing my glasses while gaming for this reason, I would.

I've seen these hanging at the electronics store and laughed at em.

I'm not sure how I feel about all this hype of wearing glasses when you don't really need them. It's becoming a huge trend I think. I dunno maybe I'd feel different if I had the option. (And no, contacts aren't an option, they hurt my eyeballs.

Reactions: BullFrogBlues
I've seen these yellow/amber "high contrast" lenses pop up in other markets as well. I tried them out in my motocross/snowboarding goggles several years back and I didn't really care for them (you get over the novelty of having the tint very quickly). It doesn't surprise me that they would try to sell these to gamers (or should I say teens). No doubt looking at a monitor all day is bad for your eyes, but I'm skeptical that these do anything to help.

I have a pair of steelseries headsets and after 15 minutes of wearing them with my glasses they are downright painful! They are well designed and the sound quality is good though.

After buying stuff to build a new pc a few months ago I'm pretty convinced that there's a market out there for gaming gadgets whether or not they have any actual functionality.

For instance my mousepad came with a carrying case...

I think Those glasses work best as ballistic lenses for shooting in early morning / dusk hours. I wouldn't ever use them for gaming, personally.

theology said:
I think Those glasses work best as ballistic lenses for shooting in early morning / dusk hours. I wouldn't ever use them for gaming, personally.

From the look of them, they wouldn't meet much of a safety spec. Remember that shooting glasses are there primarily to protect your sight if things go horribly wrong.

Human said:
theology said:

From the look of them, they wouldn't meet much of a safety spec. Remember that shooting glasses are there primarily to protect your sight if things go horribly wrong.

Correct, I was referencing the lens color, not that incarnation nor that brand.

Do not go shooting wearing those glasses, they do not suffice for proper protective eyewear.

theology said:
Human said:
theology said:

Do not go shooting wearing those glasses, they do not suffice for proper protective eyewear.

Yeah I suppose shooting eyewear evens out shades in twilight/dusk or something? These things are just a gimmick for video games.

It gives you nice contrast to typical terrain, cuts down on bright light reflections, 'brightens' darkness, and smooths out brightness.

Jupiter551 said:
theology said:
Human said:
theology said:

Yeah I suppose shooting eyewear evens out shades in twilight/dusk or something? These things are just a gimmick for video games.

Amber safety glasses are great, and I used to wear them all the time. The only problem I had with them was that they changed the colors of wires so I was always lifting them to peek. I finally decided they were more trouble than they were worth and went to a sorta half mirrored brand that you can still wear indoors in dim lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.