AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

NEW MFC feature "RC" and Popular Rooms

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nzhere

I did bad things, privileges revoked!
In the Dog House
Sep 6, 2010
New feature in the personal menu "popular rooms" lists the rooms that have the most people in them.

Saw this testing a couple of months ago it came up in error when i loaded the groups page.

The other thing associated with this is "RC" =room count which shows the room traffic under the avatar info panel

It is the total of people in the room, not the amount in the group

Attachments

• rc.jpg
    rc.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,101
Well this looks pretty cool - and maybe an alternative to *says it quietly* camscore dependance for exposure.

I like that there are constantly updating room previews in the Most Popular Rooms window, easier than clicking on each models menu individually. Also an easy way to see what's happening without braving the horrors of the lounge!

Does seem to be a slight bug where off-line models (including our own dear Amber), were showing up this morning with bogus room counts. I had a quick peek in Ambers room and there were 12 peeps in there, not 224, who probably arrived the same way I did. (see below if I did it right)

Still seems to work reasonably well. There were quite a few models with low cam scores on the list, including one less than 500, so if they can get some extra traffic that can only be a good thing.

What do other peeps and pervs think?

Attachments

• mp.jpg
    mp.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,084
I think next it might get added as a room sort option?

Though that would put girls doing public shows higher up the page :think: :think:

The room with the most guests wins???
:woops:

and TOP 75 i think is a bit much perhaps it should be the top 25 or 30? there were some Asian rooms listed with 5 people in them :lol:

It's a nice idea, though as Amber pointed out last night; it's how you can see who's fucking themselves in free chat.

But it still has some bugs (gasp! something on MFC not working right!). It's 8am PST and I'm looking at the listing and at #12 on the list, with 224 visitors is.... Amber. I go into the room and all I see are 6 people. /fail

nzhere said:
there were some Asian rooms listed with 5 people in them :lol:
That's probably a bug. If there are over 500 girls online at one time, which there often are (many times double that), I'm doubting that any room with only 5 viewers would fall into the top 75.

this being new will require some debugging I'm sure as last night while watching a couple of models ( ClassicPinUp and AmberCutie ) the room counts in their rooms were high and they would intermitently drop off the Popular room page while being higher than what was shown as the high room count model, and yes quite a few models still showed up on the page after they logged off last night. Watched both in different windows at the same time and this was strange to say the least.

well, maybe the admin can use it to start actually enforcing rules?

I know, wishful thinking. I think of all the options, and point out whichever side people don't seem to see.

I can hope, right?

LadyLuna said:
well, maybe the admin can use it to start actually enforcing rules?

I know, wishful thinking. I think of all the options, and point out whichever side people don't seem to see.

I can hope, right?
They've had the option in place for quite a while now to see public cam views on the home page instead of avatars, if they didn't use that, this won't really help either.

The layout of the Groups and Miss MFC page have also had a cleanup

flippppppppiiiinnnnnn LOVE this room count thing.
i always judge a room on how many people are in there!
lots of people obviously mean interesting room!
some people dont even have to be naked to have hundreds of people hanging out, tipping and having fun. even if there cam score is average.
just sayin

exbeardy said:
So I'm probably the last one to work this out, but the off-line models showing in the most popular rooms bug seems to happen if you have them in your friends list. For some reason if your friend is in the top room list when they log out they stay there even if you weren't logged in at the time. Strange but true.

Not necessarily. I've had one model who I do not have on my friends list and I honestly do not like appear on there while offline. Sometimes showing higher than any other offline model who appears.

Well I did a bit of 'testing' (otherwise known as messing about because I'm bored)

I checked the most popular rooms list and Amber, although off-line, appeared in the top ten. I took her off my friends list (purely for the sake of research you understand), and after logging out and in again she no longer appeared. When I re-added her, and logged out and in, she was back!

So it seems the friends list does have something to do with it, at least for me. The offline ones are where the preview picture is replaced with 'Not Avalable', when it's a slightly smaller blank box it seems those models are in private or group.

The only other times I've seen it happen is when the model has logged off in the last few moments, and people are still in her room but technically that's not a bug as it's still a popular room even with no model in it!

As an aside I see that the Room Count number on the main page as now disappeared completely after only working intermittantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.