AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New Cam Site soon to launch

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Halloween to you as well! I have a quick question for you. Do you see yourself going live before the end of the year or sooner? I know that you mentioned that you don't have a date but, is there an estimate?

In addition, I'm simply curious, what have you guys done to try and get more views on your website? This forum is the first time I have ever heard of it.

Reactions: CherryChu
Happy Halloween to you as well! I have a quick question for you. Do you see yourself going live before the end of the year or sooner? I know that you mentioned that you don't have a date but, is there an estimate?

In addition, I'm simply curious, what have you guys done to try and get more views on your website? This forum is the first time I have ever heard of it.

Thank you for your questions! We are aiming for mid-November launch. Some of the companies we were working with have proven to be of poor quality. I have made some switches that will benefit the website.

Besides this forum, there is the Twitter account. That is developing slowly. We are looking into other forums. Once the site is launched I will be inviting bloggers of adult sites to visit and rate and review the site. We are very confident in the product we have created. Locally, the company has flyers and business cards ready for marketing. I will look to take advantage of Instagram models with large followings for marketing and shout outs.

We will be aggressively pushing for word of mouth. We are working on a welcome package for every model who successfully registers with us. I will be looking into expos and events for marketing. We will be working on our SEO and PPC on Google. Researching the best locations for display ads. And of course our models will play a huge part. Most traffic from the big players is generated organically...meaning direct links to the website. We will be incorporating a blog in the future and eventually down the road we are going to create a digital magazine for members that features our models and interesting readings.

The website and this company will continue to evolve as time progresses. Any other questions, please ask!

Reactions: SNATCH
Supermila,

3) The transgender models are a new addition and very recently addition in the scheme of this process. This is something we will keep our eye on and continue to work with. I chose to add transgenders to give the website a different identity from MFC. I very much like the idea of being a website that only allows female and trans models. The way the site is setup, there should be no accidental viewing of a transgender page unless the Member wants that. There is no mixing of females and transgenders. A Member cannot hover over the Model image and get a peek into the page. I HATE that feature. I want Members interested in a Model to have to enter the page, then it is up to the Model to get them to stay. This way they cannot hover and make a decision and move onto the next Model to hover over.

I have a question regarding the bolded section.

Do you mean you won't have any cam previews of the room as it is? Such as only the models name and their chosen avatar? Because I don't know if you've looked at, say, MFC's homepage with it set up with the avatars; but it's a cluster and a half trying to find anything that's representative of the model, if it's even a picture of the model, or a human to begin with.

I can understand not wanting a pop-up with a slideshow of the last few moments of the room, but I would hope you have an option for a static image of the room as it has been in the past few minutes.

I know for me that's a vastly larger draw personally than just an avatar.

I just don't think that an avatar system will work unless it's very strictly screened to be sure that it shows the model, and isn't some other model or picture someone found online. Especially once you've grown beyond a few dozen models.

Thank you for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it. On anouther note, I tried to pull up your website to show it to a friend of mine this past weekend and the website was down. Curious as to why this is the case. Also when will registration be open?

I have a question regarding the bolded section.

Do you mean you won't have any cam previews of the room as it is? Such as only the models name and their chosen avatar? Because I don't know if you've looked at, say, MFC's homepage with it set up with the avatars; but it's a cluster and a half trying to find anything that's representative of the model, if it's even a picture of the model, or a human to begin with.

I can understand not wanting a pop-up with a slideshow of the last few moments of the room, but I would hope you have an option for a static image of the room as it has been in the past few minutes.

I know for me that's a vastly larger draw personally than just an avatar.

I just don't think that an avatar system will work unless it's very strictly screened to be sure that it shows the model, and isn't some other model or picture someone found online. Especially once you've grown beyond a few dozen models.

I understand your concern. We have chosen to just have a profile image represent the Models. We will work with them to make sure the image is of high quality and is an accurate representation.

We do not feel sneak peeks of the rooms are necessary. We want Members to enter the rooms and not glance passed.

Thank you for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it. On anouther note, I tried to pull up your website to show it to a friend of mine this past weekend and the website was down. Curious as to why this is the case. Also when will registration be open?

As mentioned earlier, there have been some changes with companies. One being our host company. Currently, the new server if being configured and the website will be back online very soon. Registration should be open soon (aiming for 2 weeks).

Like I said before, that works when you are a small site, but if you are successful and start getting more and more models on the site, you're going to have to expend more and more resources to make sure the avatar is an accurate representation.

It just seems like too much effort, unless you are going to provide the model with some glamour shoots to use as the avatar, there's just to much variation.

Besides, with a brief cam preview of the room, I know if the model is actually there, because sometimes the models will wander off and just leave the cam going for several minutes. Even if they really aren't supposed to do that.

• Hugs
Reactions: IndicaDesires
Like I said before, that works when you are a small site, but if you are successful and start getting more and more models on the site, you're going to have to expend more and more resources to make sure the avatar is an accurate representation.

It just seems like too much effort, unless you are going to provide the model with some glamour shoots to use as the avatar, there's just to much variation.

Besides, with a brief cam preview of the room, I know if the model is actually there, because sometimes the models will wander off and just leave the cam going for several minutes. Even if they really aren't supposed to do that.

I disagree with you.
Streamate by default has a models avatar set as a static image of what her room looks like when they take a snapshot.
However, the VERY FIRST thing most models do is to message support and have them disable the snapshot and replace it with a static avatar instead.
It's too much of a bother to make sure you're in a flattering position and not taking a sip of water/leaning over/blinking/whatever the hell else when the snapshot goes off.

Also, you expect a girl to turn her cam off and lose her room counts/momentum just because she has to go off cam for a few to refill her water and pee? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I disagree with you.
Streamate by default has a models avatar set as a static image of what her room looks like when they take a snapshot.
However, the VERY FIRST thing most models do is to message support and have them disable the snapshot and replace it with a static avatar instead.
It's too much of a bother to make sure you're in a flattering position and not taking a sip of water/leaning over/blinking/whatever the hell else when the snapshot goes off.

Also, you expect a girl to turn her cam off and lose her room counts/momentum just because she has to go off cam for a few to refill her water and pee? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

No, I don't expect a model to turn her cam off and lose momentum if they have to step out to get a drink, or go to the bathroom. On the other hand, I've seen many models who have gone off to fix food or do other things and be off cam for 10+ minutes at a time, does that really keep viewers and momentum?

I'm not gonna stick around in a new room if I join and the model's not there. Likewise, I'm not going to stick around if I join a room simply based off an avatar and the model looks nothing like what's represented. I'm also not going to join a room if the avatar doesn't even show someone, or if you can barely see anyone in it. Both are things I've noticed on avatar-based setups.

MFC's cam preview periodically refreshes anywhere from every 30 seconds to every 5 minutes based on user settings, so you don't have to hold yourself in a position for a snapshot, just do what you would usually be doing. I know I've gone into several rooms just because I saw that the model was doing something that might've been interesting and/or amusing, not even bringing up anything sexual. I otherwise might not have been interested in going into her room before that.

Reactions: bob and CherryChu
No, I don't expect a model to turn her cam off and lose momentum if they have to step out to get a drink, or go to the bathroom. On the other hand, I've seen many models who have gone off to fix food or do other things and be off cam for 10+ minutes at a time, does that really keep viewers and momentum?

I'm not gonna stick around in a new room if I join and the model's not there. Likewise, I'm not going to stick around if I join a room simply based off an avatar and the model looks nothing like what's represented. I'm also not going to join a room if the avatar doesn't even show someone, or if you can barely see anyone in it. Both are things I've noticed on avatar-based setups.

MFC's cam preview periodically refreshes anywhere from every 30 seconds to every 5 minutes based on user settings, so you don't have to hold yourself in a position for a snapshot, just do what you would usually be doing. I know I've gone into several rooms just because I saw that the model was doing something that might've been interesting and/or amusing, not even bringing up anything sexual. I otherwise might not have been interested in going into her room before that.

I understand. As a Member, you have every right to leave a room that does not suit your desires. As a company, we also feel this feature is an efficiency that is not necessary. It is the Models responsibility to represent herself to draw in Members. We will admin the situation and work with the Model to improve that representation if we feel the energy is needed.

I understand it's a feature of MFC and seems to be something you enjoy taking advantage of, but unfortunately we will not be incorporating that into the site. Again, there will be things Members like and do not like, but overall we want the experience to be great. So, we have prioritized our list to create a website we feel accomplishes that.

This all looks really interesting... I'm thinking I'd rather see everything in action before I sign up, unless I'd be able to split-cam (which you've said you'd rather us not do... even if we don't mention site names? I just find it a little difficult to trust that I'd get traffic when I spend time and energy on a new site instead of going somewhere I at least vaguely know)

No camscore would be a godsend for models like me though =p I've had a lucky break just recently but for the most part I've hovered around 1500 which means I've not had traffic blah blah blah. But I've seen non-nude models say on here that they like the camscore system as the 'most viewed' system favours more explicit models; I hadn't thought of it that way. I do think alphabetical sorting would generate some silly usernames an ultimately become somewhat useless, so imo, a random first page with different sorting tabs sounds great!

From a member's point of view though, if I log onto a website and I see a model I kind of like and then the page refreshes and she's been shuffled into the abyss, I might have no idea how to find her again. So perhaps a custom refresh rate for the reshuffling?

I'm also curious about your avatar displays. Personally I've always liked MFC's way of having one 'posed' avatar and then a preview when you hover. As a member that gives you a way of looking at the model's personality a bit (the avatar) and also seeing what's going on in the room at the time and if she actually looks like the avatar. But you seem fairly adamant not to have something like this =p so would we as models be able to choose a screencap to use as an avatar? Or just choose a 'profile picture'? I think choosing a profile picture could be a bit of an issue - we don't always look the same way we do in our avatars, for various reasons, and this is annoying to members. when you go into a room and the model doesn't actually look like her avatar. I've seen models who look like completely different people, and I know I can look different depending on how I've done my makeup that day. And (someone said this earlier as well) it is annoying as a model to see usernames flitting in and out of your room. We can't be sure what the reason is - are we driving them away with something we're doing? Is it a glitch? For me I like to know that if people have entered my room they're at least vaguely considering staying, which is more likely to be the case if they've come into the room after seeing a preview. Sorry if this has been answered already...

Re trans models I think it's awesome to have them allowed as well, and makes sense from a member's point of view to just have them sorted separately (perhaps with tickboxes? Not sure what people would want there). But what is your definition of transgender? A trans woman who has had hormone treatments and reassignment surgery etc is not likely to want to still be classed as transgender. You will also need to have very good support in place for dealing with transphobia - there are sure to be some members who will go to the trans section just to be assholes and you'll lose models if you can't deal with those issues.

Also there's been talk about banning and silencing etc but I don't think I saw I clarified exactly what happens with the cam... on MFC, if you ban someone, they can still view the cam but not chat. That to me isn't really a ban, just a mute. I personally think it'd be nice if there were both options - for example, if I think someone is screencapping me or might be someone I know in real life or something, I'd really like to be able to turn my cam feed off for them as well. In fact it's almost another way for them to freeload - someone can come to my room and be a total butt and I can ban them, but if they can still see everything then there's almost no point.

Last edited:
This all looks really interesting... I'm thinking I'd rather see everything in action before I sign up, unless I'd be able to split-cam (which you've said you'd rather us not do... even if we don't mention site names? I just find it a little difficult to trust that I'd get traffic when I spend time and energy on a new site instead of going somewhere I at least vaguely know)

No camscore would be a godsend for models like me though =p I've had a lucky break just recently but for the most part I've hovered around 1500 which means I've not had traffic blah blah blah. But I've seen non-nude models say on here that they like the camscore system as the 'most viewed' system favours more explicit models; I hadn't thought of it that way. I do think alphabetical sorting would generate some silly usernames an ultimately become somewhat useless, so imo, a random first page with different sorting tabs sounds great!

From a member's point of view though, if I log onto a website and I see a model I kind of like and then the page refreshes and she's been shuffled into the abyss, I might have no idea how to find her again. So perhaps a custom refresh rate for the reshuffling?

I'm also curious about your avatar displays. Personally I've always liked MFC's way of having one 'posed' avatar and then a preview when you hover. As a member that gives you a way of looking at the model's personality a bit (the avatar) and also seeing what's going on in the room at the time and if she actually looks like the avatar. But you seem fairly adamant not to have something like this =p so would we as models be able to choose a screencap to use as an avatar? Or just choose a 'profile picture'? I think choosing a profile picture could be a bit of an issue - we don't always look the same way we do in our avatars, for various reasons, and this is annoying to members. when you go into a room and the model doesn't actually look like her avatar. I've seen models who look like completely different people, and I know I can look different depending on how I've done my makeup that day. And (someone said this earlier as well) it is annoying as a model to see usernames flitting in and out of your room. We can't be sure what the reason is - are we driving them away with something we're doing? Is it a glitch? For me I like to know that if people have entered my room they're at least vaguely considering staying, which is more likely to be the case if they've come into the room after seeing a preview. Sorry if this has been answered already...

Re trans models I think it's awesome to have them allowed as well, and makes sense from a member's point of view to just have them sorted separately (perhaps with tickboxes? Not sure what people would want there). But what is your definition of transgender? A trans woman who has had hormone treatments and reassignment surgery etc is not likely to want to still be classed as transgender. You will also need to have very good support in place for dealing with transphobia - there are sure to be some members who will go to the trans section just to be assholes and you'll lose models if you can't deal with those issues.

Also there's been talk about banning and silencing etc but I don't think I saw I clarified exactly what happens with the cam... on MFC, if you ban someone, they can still view the cam but not chat. That to me isn't really a ban, just a mute. I personally think it'd be nice if there were both options - for example, if I think someone is screencapping me or might be someone I know in real life or something, I'd really like to be able to turn my cam feed off for them as well. In fact it's almost another way for them to freeload - someone can come to my room and be a total butt and I can ban them, but if they can still see everything then there's almost no point.

I replied about working for other sites previously somewhere in these pages. We understand that everyone has bills to pay and we do not expect Models to jump to us and give up other sites. If you split cam, that is fine. Our concern is the quality of the streaming. Just make sure your internet speed supports your multiple broadcasts. We hope that as this site develops and grows, split camming will become less necessary. No issue there. I do not remember how I replied previously, but my current stance is as stated above.

The randomized sorting is triggered by the Members. The page does not shuffle until the Member activates the button! This feature is being completed as we speak. Not all tabs will support the shuffle feature since they are sorted by views, etc.

Currently, the site does not have previewing of rooms. This is something we will revisit in the future, but currently there are much greater priorities to complete to prepare for the launch.

For Transgenders, we will only accept post-op transgenders (no penis). This is how we are defining Transgender for the site. This was an area we were open to and will monitor closely to support every Model. We do not feel mixing Transgenders and Female Models is the best direction for the website. We respect everyone's beliefs and lifestyles, but Transgenders will remain under their own tab to help avoid confusion.

We have both the option to ban and block a Member. Banning will silence a Member for 24 hours, while blocking a member is permanent and they are not able to access your room.

I hope I was able to provide a response to all your questions! Thank you for the post!

Reactions: Mila_ and Auri Amos
Just a small thing and just my opinion but your Twitter avatar no longer stands out...the butterfly did.

You highlighted something very important...thank you for this! We are so occupied with the technical side, we have have been blinded to some of the small but important details. This just shows how important Model and Member support can be to a company.

Reactions: RebeccaT
For Transgenders, we will only accept post-op transgenders (no penis). This is how we are defining Transgender for the site. This was an area we were open to and will monitor closely to support every Model. We do not feel mixing Transgenders and Female Models is the best direction for the website. We respect everyone's beliefs and lifestyles, but Transgenders will remain under their own tab to help avoid confusion.

Aw, I'm disappointed to hear this. MFC also accepts trans women who've had bottom surgery, as long as their ID says Female - so you're not really any different in that regard. Also by that note, if someone was trans and had gone through surgery and gotten their ID changed, how would you determine where they would go? If she didn't explicitly say "hey I'm trans", you'd have no way to know.

I honestly can't think of many (or actually, any) trans models who have had all those surgeries, and would still advertise themselves as trans, or would feel they needed to be put into a different category. Maybe I'm just not up to date but I don't think you're going to have a ton of fully transitioned models lining up to join your site, especially if they're put in another category. Having two categories can maybe make sense if you're accepting trans women who haven't had surgeries, but if your definition is only "post op", I don't know that you'll get a lot of models OR a lot of support from members who are looking for trans girls.

^^ thissss. Most trans women do not like advertising the fact that they're trans, or being separated from 'females.' I don't know if you know the term TERF... basically the idea that trans women are not women. And trans women hate this... they hate being 'othered.' So I'm thinking if you have 'women' in general and that includes trans women, you'll more likely have trans models who are happier to sign up. And like Gen said, members who are looking for trans models are probably looking for something that would distinguish them from others so pre-op would suit them fine. I'd imagine that's what they want when they go to a trans category.

Also consider models' motives for camming. Lots of us are trying to earn money to save up for something specific. For a trans woman, that might include hormone treatment and surgeries. If you provide a way for them to earn easy money to pay for their surgeries you'll get more sign-ups, I'd think.

As a member who has no interest in Trans of any variety, I can't argue with any of the pints that Cherry and Gen brought up. Honestly, in my personal opinion, as long as there are categories, and everyone's not just lumped in together, it really wouldn't bother me if you had a section for pre/post/gay/couple/whatever else happens to be out there that wants to be categorized as something else. Just so long as they all have their own section.

Chaturbate is about the only cam site I can think of that actually has a set up anything like that, and that isn't one of the reasons I dislike the site.

I feel that anyone should be able to get off to whatever their kink is so long as someone else shares that interest, everyone's on board with all involved, and no one i is being hurt(in a non pre-approved fashion, at any rate).

I always thought that the trans label in the adult industry = trans woman who hasn't fully transitioned. I just feel like if I was a trans woman who had fully transitioned I would jusr register as female.

Also I'm assuming you just are allowing trans women right?

Just personally I would absolutely pay for transmen shows or even stud shows. Basically I feel like there is no good porn for lesbians who are attracted to masculine women/transmen.

I wanted to point out, all the girls talking about preferring static avatars on SM are talking about...SM. it's a completely different feel than a social based website like CB or MFC, because models only entertain really in private. So a preview of free chat is meaningless because you know that when you enter the room it's gonna be a girl on the bed or at her desk. Social based sites have a lot more variance in free chat due to the nature of them, so it's not really an apt comparison.

And yeah, I'm pretty disappointed in the trans thing. I feel like MFC has pretty much dominated the ladies-only market and there's really no point in doing so as well.

To be honest, I'm sorry if this seems rude, but it's like you're taking the silliest features of each site and jumbling them together and it makes no sense to me. The girls only feature of MFC, the boring profiles of CB, the static images of SM (which I really only see working on a private-based site). I really can't see any incentive of signing up because there are already websites out there.

The only reason I can see to sign up to your website is if a girl doesn't want to do privates, is scared of CB support, and can't make it on MFC.

Edited to add: you seem really adamant about all of the things that I think are mistakes, so I'm obviously not your target audience, but I do appreciate your professionalism. I'm more just disappointed because I don't think this is the website the cam community desperately needs and I was really hoping it could be. Best of luck.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for your posts. As always, your comments are greatly appreciated. Personally, I would like to hear from a trans model about the topic. While it's great everyone provides their views, this topic is extremely sensitive and draws arguments from both sides. I have received messages and comments from both sides, but none from actual trans models. This area may not be perfect to start, but we will remain steady with the current formula and use it as trial and error. Transgender by definition has more to do with identity and not just the physical aspects of sexuality. Therefore, with such an inclusive term, we had to choose how to approach this. When I created this company, I wanted to enter the females-only side of the industry. So, that was a factor. With that I chose to not include male models. Another topic that draws viewpoints. To allow for pre-op would lead the company in allowing male models. (trying to clearly express my vision of penises on cam). How I view this is as a duet. Female models pair up with post-op and compliment each other. Pre-op pairs up with male models and they compliment each other. We can add different angles to this topic all day long and get no where. So, I had to have clear vision for what I wanted. What I do not want is sensitivity to arise with the tabs and link it to segregation. I chose to add the tabs for a few reason: 1) Organization. 2) Supporting the Members. Everyone has a point of view that is not wrong. @Bellatrixxx, I very much appreciate your post and want to find a way to create a great experience for you. Maybe I can and maybe I cannot. It is impossible to cover all the angles. @VeronicaChaos has a very strong opinion of the site prior to its launch. I respect her opinion. We will have to agree to disagree :) When this site launches, you will see similar characteristics to other sites. You will see things other sites do not have. If you do not like this website, there is nothing wrong with that. I created the business knowing I could never receive approval from 100 percent of the crowd. I am fine with that.

I ask that everyone remain open-minded and patient. I cannot promise a solution to everything, but I will say this - we are a small company being compared to very large companies who are well established. I enjoy this comparison because that tells me that for a small company, we have a big product that will compete with the big players. I do not believe that MFC should be the only company in the female-only area. I do not think they have a great product. They do have many models and high traffic. We will get there. What this company/website will be is a continually evolving site. Additional features will be developed. Existing features will be improved on and upgraded. Someone ask the Apple of Today how they feel the iPhone 6 Plus compares to the first iPhone - see where I am going with this :) The worst thing this company can be is nonsupporting and stagnant.

There have been a few statements about "...the cam site the cam community needs." I will not promise anyone this site is that hero because the camming community does not know what it needs because it contains far too many views and opinions that are conflicting. We are focused on being the best supporting and best service company in the industry and that I will promise I intend to become.

I hope everyone had a fun holiday! Turkey Day will be here soon!

Last edited:
I've already said my piece on the Trans subject, which amounts to basically: "not my cuppa, but fair play to others".

There is something that I haven't seen mentioned, which isn't really a large thing, but it is something that can make or break your site, on a personal basis at least.

Sound. I don't mean sound quality, because I view that as more of an individual model issue to be resolved. I mean sound control, one thing I loathe about going into new rooms on many sites is sound levels and how varying they can be based on how the model has their settings configured. So I can go from one room where I have to amp the site sound to 100% as well as cranking my speakers up, to another model where I have to drop the site sound to 1% and minimize my speakers. Again, I know this is largely down to individual settings, but I hope you can factor in a global sound control system. i.e. MFC has a global mute, which I have it set to default, which means whenever I go into a new room, it's always muted; then I can edge the volume up to a comfortable level, instead of blowing my eardrums out.

Another sound byte, (yes, I had to) would be your tip sound, is it going to be just a single sound no matter the size of tip, like a lot of sites; or will you have variable sounds depending on the amount of tokens tipped? As minor as this may seem, it can be a large consideration, since ideally you want it to be played a lot. So you don't really want an annoying sound. On the other hand, you want it to be distinctive, so that if a model does happen to be split-camming, they know where to look to thank whoever tipped without flipping through screens. Or if it's not noticeable enough, it might get lost in ambient noise/music/activities.

One last thing on tip sounds, and this is my personal opinion that may or may not be shared by others, but I hate how Chaturbate has their tip sounds play on both the members side as well as the models side with no way to deactivate it that I have been able to find. So I'd hope that if you do go that route, to make it easily disabled I like to listen to models while they chat, I like to listen to their music sometimes, as well as other activities, but with how CB has it set, if I have my sound on I get inundated with tip sounds and I either say screw it and go back to mute, or just go back to MFC or another site.

That last bit reminded me of another thing that I bothers me about websites, in general, ease-of-use. Make things easy to navigate. Have a clear and concise F.A.Q. and that manner of things, it just makes things easier. On members, models and administrators who don't have to spend extra time detailing how to go about doing something that should be simple, but due to poor design can be a bit labyrinthine.

Whew, that's a lot more words over a simple thing than I initially set out to type up; but like I said, this is all just my observations, like the bit about the Avatars/Previews conversation earlier, you are free to disregard whatever doesn't fit your vision for the site. I'll check it out when you launch, and if it doesn't gel right off the bat, I'll periodically check it out as you add new features/tweaks.

I wish you luck on this venture, given the histories of camsites, you might very well need it good sir.

I've already said my piece on the Trans subject, which amounts to basically: "not my cuppa, but fair play to others".

There is something that I haven't seen mentioned, which isn't really a large thing, but it is something that can make or break your site, on a personal basis at least.

Sound. I don't mean sound quality, because I view that as more of an individual model issue to be resolved. I mean sound control, one thing I loathe about going into new rooms on many sites is sound levels and how varying they can be based on how the model has their settings configured. So I can go from one room where I have to amp the site sound to 100% as well as cranking my speakers up, to another model where I have to drop the site sound to 1% and minimize my speakers. Again, I know this is largely down to individual settings, but I hope you can factor in a global sound control system. i.e. MFC has a global mute, which I have it set to default, which means whenever I go into a new room, it's always muted; then I can edge the volume up to a comfortable level, instead of blowing my eardrums out.

Another sound byte, (yes, I had to) would be your tip sound, is it going to be just a single sound no matter the size of tip, like a lot of sites; or will you have variable sounds depending on the amount of tokens tipped? As minor as this may seem, it can be a large consideration, since ideally you want it to be played a lot. So you don't really want an annoying sound. On the other hand, you want it to be distinctive, so that if a model does happen to be split-camming, they know where to look to thank whoever tipped without flipping through screens. Or if it's not noticeable enough, it might get lost in ambient noise/music/activities.

One last thing on tip sounds, and this is my personal opinion that may or may not be shared by others, but I hate how Chaturbate has their tip sounds play on both the members side as well as the models side with no way to deactivate it that I have been able to find. So I'd hope that if you do go that route, to make it easily disabled I like to listen to models while they chat, I like to listen to their music sometimes, as well as other activities, but with how CB has it set, if I have my sound on I get inundated with tip sounds and I either say screw it and go back to mute, or just go back to MFC or another site.

That last bit reminded me of another thing that I bothers me about websites, in general, ease-of-use. Make things easy to navigate. Have a clear and concise F.A.Q. and that manner of things, it just makes things easier. On members, models and administrators who don't have to spend extra time detailing how to go about doing something that should be simple, but due to poor design can be a bit labyrinthine.

Whew, that's a lot more words over a simple thing than I initially set out to type up; but like I said, this is all just my observations, like the bit about the Avatars/Previews conversation earlier, you are free to disregard whatever doesn't fit your vision for the site. I'll check it out when you launch, and if it doesn't gel right off the bat, I'll periodically check it out as you add new features/tweaks.

I wish you luck on this venture, given the histories of camsites, you might very well need it good sir.

Thank you for the post! The various sounds for tip levels is actually something we are currently working on and should be ready by launch. Most-likely not ready during registration, but for the launch. The reason is we are attempting to work with companies to get them to provide discounts for toys, etc. There is a vibrator that reacts to various sound levels and can be programmed to react at various speeds to the various sized tips. We would like to see models use this vibrator. It isn't cheap but could be a big draw to members. So you are spot on about sounds and I appreciate your observation. I will make sure to look further into this topic...just for you :)

If there are companies favored by anyone, please feel free to state them. We want to develop a great network of companies to provide discounts to models and members. Most do not respond to my attempt to contact, but I'll get through. Cheers.

For the record I really do appreciate what you are doing here HHC, you seem a lot more focused on the model's needs than the other overlords- which is obviously a big positive regardless of who ends up camming for you and who doesn't. I do a have a few things I'd like to add, sorry if any of these have been repeated:
  • How are you planning on protecting model's privacy? What are your geoblocking features like? Do you have an easy way to send DMCA reports without including any of our real information? When a model permabans a member does that person no longer have access to any of her videos/profile or are they just kicked out of chat?
  • What is your payment system like? Do you allow direct deposit/payoneer/wire transfer? Do any of these options come with fees?
  • Do members have the ability to use search terms (I'm just thinking your standard co-ed, bbw, asian, fetish, etc) to find models?
  • What type of traffic are you projecting? I mean, you can have the best site in the world but if you don't have paying customers... well that's not exactly a good deal on the models end. In addition, are you planning on having any incentives for girls who sign up for HHC before/when it first goes online?
And I do understand that your goal here may not align with what I'm looking for both as a model and a potential customer, but I thought you might like to know that the amount of porn out there for queer women (and women in general) is soooo lacking, having a section FOR women would be lovely.

One amazing company is lovense. In my opinion they have one of the best toys for cam models. It is tip responsive rather than sound responsive (at least on the websites that they have partnered up with). I bought it on sale and the guys love that they can con troll the toy with tips in public chat. In addition you can give them a link over the Web so that they can control the toy in real time from any place in the world. (I had a guy from Australia playing with me in the usa.) This is best for privates. Anyhow. Just my two cents.

For the record I really do appreciate what you are doing here HHC, you seem a lot more focused on the model's needs than the other overlords- which is obviously a big positive regardless of who ends up camming for you and who doesn't. I do a have a few things I'd like to add, sorry if any of these have been repeated:
  • How are you planning on protecting model's privacy? What are your geoblocking features like? Do you have an easy way to send DMCA reports without including any of our real information? When a model permabans a member does that person no longer have access to any of her videos/profile or are they just kicked out of chat?
  • What is your payment system like? Do you allow direct deposit/payoneer/wire transfer? Do any of these options come with fees?
  • Do members have the ability to use search terms (I'm just thinking your standard co-ed, bbw, asian, fetish, etc) to find models?
  • What type of traffic are you projecting? I mean, you can have the best site in the world but if you don't have paying customers... well that's not exactly a good deal on the models end. In addition, are you planning on having any incentives for girls who sign up for HHC before/when it first goes online?
And I do understand that your goal here may not align with what I'm looking for both as a model and a potential customer, but I thought you might like to know that the amount of porn out there for queer women (and women in general) is soooo lacking, having a section FOR women would be lovely.

I assume you read the article about MFC and passwords. When we started to build the site I expressed to my developer how important designing for security is. I have read that article and as soon as I finished reading I messaged my developer and asked for a complete detail of the password security he setup. I do not understand the thought process behind the MFC situation.

A model can block any state in the US and individual countries. The DMCA will assign an agent to a company. A model would contact the agent and work with them, as would we to help assist. As far as information, it will be whatever the agent requires to achieve a resolution.

If you permanently block a member, they are no longer able to see anything on your page. Banning lasts for 24 hours so I recommend always banning a person until the issue requires blocking.

Searching covers pretty much everything from hair color and country, to body type and tags. A model gets 32 tags to help members find them.

I cannot give you a traffic projection. That is not easily projected. Example this forum has nearly 7000 views but only a fraction express their interest. The remaining do not express their intent so projecting is difficult. We are utilizing the tools at hand to gain traffic. That includes search engine optimization, pay per click, display adds, social media, review invites to porn blogs, etc. I believe inviting reviews will greatly help. I cannot force anyone to do promoting, but models are recommended to promote themselves. We can get traffic to the site but after that it's up to the model. So we expect traffic to begin slowly and grow at a positive pace. We are a startup so asking for MFC type traffic is unrealistic.

Hope I answered everything!

Please elaborate on "for women." My lifestyle is of a guys so an elaboration to what you look for would help me understand your desires. Obvious make models helps, but unfortunately the company is not heading in that direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.