AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

mycamgirl.net

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AmberCutie said:
MyCamgirl said:
Swirl said:
Anyway, I'm talking about if a model just wants here statistics removed, information removed, etc. Most girls there don't have profiles, pictures, etc. You would still want a picture for that?
Removing statistics is the same as changing something on the page. In this case, changing the whole page. So, yes. A verification is needed.
I think it's funny that some people don't realize how twisted some non-models (who are involved in the cam world) can be. Posing as models just to get certain priveledges happens constantly. It's not a mystery why he needs this, and it's really silly to think he asks for verification pics (usually a face and a sign) for his own personal sexual enjoyment.
:roll:

Exactly! Non models can be twisted! They may even create entire websites devoted to tracking sexual statistics of cam girls (without their permission of course), write detailed reviews of what these girls are doing with their vaginas in private shows, collect pictures of the girls and then ask them to jump through hoops in order to get their personal information removed. Maybe you guys are just so immersed in this business, you can't see the forest through the trees....I dunno.

Swirl said:
AmberCutie said:
MyCamgirl said:
Swirl said:
Anyway, I'm talking about if a model just wants here statistics removed, information removed, etc. Most girls there don't have profiles, pictures, etc. You would still want a picture for that?
Removing statistics is the same as changing something on the page. In this case, changing the whole page. So, yes. A verification is needed.
I think it's funny that some people don't realize how twisted some non-models (who are involved in the cam world) can be. Posing as models just to get certain priveledges happens constantly. It's not a mystery why he needs this, and it's really silly to think he asks for verification pics (usually a face and a sign) for his own personal sexual enjoyment.
:roll:

Exactly! Non models can be twisted! They may even create entire websites devoted to tracking sexual statistics of cam girls (without their permission of course), write detailed reviews of what these girls are doing with their vaginas in private shows, collect pictures of the girls and then ask them to jump through hoops in order to get their personal information removed. Maybe you guys are just so immersed in this business, you can't see the forest through the trees....I dunno.
Maybe you're just so far-removed from the business aspect of it that you don't realize how helpful this is? Without people like MyCamGirl we'd have to depend on MFC to help us track all our stats like this, but they're too busy maintaining a high traffic and bustling revenue camsite for us.

Jupiter551 said:
JoleneJolene said:
Let it go Capt' save a ho!
Jolene is a poet and didn't even know it! :p
SO happy someone caught that! :lol:
Correct me if I'm wrong here... But I've known MCG for a long time and from what I understand, and my own personal experience he get's permission to write the reviews.
All videos and pictures on mine I gave to him and he even had me approve my review and asked if any changes should be made.

Swirl, I really don't think you quite grasp the purpose of the site.

katrina4you said:
Ah, got it... you're 'scraping' (from my guy acquaintance) the model list. Thanks, makes perfect sense. Wow, so are you(*) going into every public session to come up with how many guys (and what guys) are present??

Thanks for the insights.
Kat
katrina4you said:
Ah, got it... you're 'scraping' (from my guy acquaintance) the model list. Thanks, makes perfect sense. Wow, so are you(*) going into every public session to come up with how many guys (and what guys) are present??

Thanks for the insights.
Kat

Yes! Scraping, mining, etc. Many online monitoring services do this all the time with (public) online sites/services and info, including search engines and Internet monitoring sites/services.
Most of the mfc information is public to guests. Guests means completely public (and mfc automatically generates a random guest id for any1s session just by opening/visiting mfc, unless they log in with an account). This can apply to any other online sites, including cam sites.

You can test what info on mfc is public by going in as a guest yourself, and seeing ALL the info available (scattered around different places). This includes - Homepage (Model List) and the display options at bottom of page (Model List Settings) (try different combinations to see what is possible); the individual model menus and profiles; and the info available from the side menu, directly or by opening a menu link.
Basically MyCamGirl can just use technology to automatically monitor this (like any1 else can who has access to mfc site/services at all). By monitoring constantly, and recording info online, MyCamGirl then uses the acquired data to generate and show statistics in a great variety of useful forms. And MyCamGirl is using technology very effectively to give you a lot, including history graphs.

I would say overall MyCamGirl is providing cam models a benefit with the info & tools (the info is meant for every1, apparently mainly customers). I do not know what info & tools mfc provides to models to help them. MyCamGirl may be providing some or all info in a more useful and easier and centralized form, with statistics and history (as far back as the history goes or begins).
And it seems to me MyCamGirl is being respectful of models, and responsible about their info. I think people have to sign up to do any ratings and reviews.
MyCamGirl currently also monitors the sites/services - claims 31 cam sites.
Seems MyCamGirls started as a review and rating site. But I see so much more value has been added. I just discovered it myself, from another mfc member and here in this forum. You may want to see -
* Your info
* http://mycamgirl.net/site/origins
* http://mycamgirl.net/behind-the-scenes/
* http://mycamgirl.net/tipping-the-girls/
(Please try to overlook the Origins saying it started out to only report bad model reviews. I did not like that limitation myself. Why focus only on what u do not like, instead of mainly what u do, you know? Looks like is more balanced and fair since then.)

Reminds me a little of what happened here. AmberCutie opened this site as her site, which includes this forum. And it has become widely adopted as a de facto standard forum for models on mfc, if not more of the online cam model industry.
As always, I recommend using AmberCutie as a trusted place, for info, discussion, reporting, and verification.

Deep_Scorpio_M said:
I think people have to sign up to do any ratings and reviews.
If you mean, rating models/reviews and post comments, by default any guest can do it, no need to sign-up. Any model can change this by request or, if she has a verified profile, she can do it by herself. For now, in terms of privacy, models can disable comments, hide some data or make their whole stats page unavailable for public viewing or for specific regions.

Deep_Scorpio_M said:
claims 31 cam sites
The list of 31 sites is for the use of "Camsites Where She Works". It does not mean they are all being tracked. Some of these 31 sites have been closed or merged and they are some kind of legacy issue in the workflow. Right now, it is tracking 19 sites, but only 4 have public stats.

Deep_Scorpio_M said:
Seems MyCamGirls started as a review and rating site [...]
[...]Please try to overlook the Origins saying it started out to only report bad model reviews.
Yep, this was how the site started, when I hardly used the word "review". The site has changed a lot since then, the last "bad" review was back in 2010 about two girls using recorded videos. But I decided to include this in "the origins", after all, this is part of the origins, and I wouldn't feel good omitting this just because I changed the course of the boat.

Deep_Scorpio_M said:
I did not like that limitation myself. Why focus only on what u do not like, instead of mainly what u do, you know?
This is one of the main reasons the things changed. If I was going to focus only on bad girls, I wouldn't have met the nice girls that I know today. And I can say that part of the change was also due to feedback I got from girls, that is always welcome.

Deep_Scorpio_M said:
mycamgirl.net/tipping-the-girls/
"Tipping the girls" is kinda dead and I was going to close it. I didn't take much time to realize that I may not be the right person to give those kind of advice. I'm considering to "hand" it to (verified) models so they can post whatever useful tip they want, and allow posts with back links to their sites and their own affiliate links. It requires a bit of coding though.

Reactions: Puffin
Well I have been on MyCamgirl before, but honestly just a quick glance. I just (partially because of this thread and also because of Twitter, thanks for the follow) really took a look at it. I think its great! I can go there and get a visual of my performance or lack of for that matter. I didnt realize all the functions the site had before. I was at first like Hey, whats this, but I also know that everything I do on MFC is public anyways so it didnt bother me. I will be checking this site more often and just wanted to say thanks for your (*) efforts. :-D

Reactions: MyCamgirl
I freaked out @ first too. Then I actually READ everything on his site, && realized how fucking AWESOME it is. MCG is honestly, one of the nicest, awesomest, easygoing people I've met in this business. A lot of guys that do stuff, or try to do this kind of stuff are fucking assholes. At least the ones I've met. && no, I am not just saying this to kiss his ass. I truly mean it.

I've literally bombarded him with 394853957 questions, comments, && fuck knows what else via email, Twitter, etc, && he always THOROUGHLY details everything back into a reply, && never cuts my head off for NOT SHUTTING THE FUCK UP. Every time I ask him to add, edit or delete something, he does, quite promptly, never complains or anything.

I really appreciate what he does, && I think he should start accepting donations! :D. [to cover server costs]

I think the site is pretty useful, I just wish it was more reliable.
It needs to update much more often. Updating every 3 days or so is not enough in my opinion. :( Right now it's displaying the camscore that I had on New Year's Eve. I wish all camscores you've had would be displayed, rather than just the one that you happen to have whenever the site updates.
Another thing is that often the last activity column isn't displaying what actually happened. Like, sometimes t will say I logged off and on every 2 minutes or so when I was really online the whole time. :|
But I love MCG for looking at my records and the camscore graph.

ShelterLight said:
I like the site.
I just wonder how I wound up with a rating like .4 lmao.
Bitter MFC members who didn't like my move to streammate I guess, at least I have 5 stars there

I have always had a super low rating on there with my review as well. XD I just chalk it up to people not digging my style or lack there of. :shifty:

LilyMarie said:
It needs to update much more often. Updating every 3 days or so is not enough in my opinion. :( Right now it's displaying the camscore that I had on New Year's Eve. I wish all camscores you've had would be displayed, rather than just the one that you happen to have whenever the site updates.
Another thing is that often the last activity column isn't displaying what actually happened. Like, sometimes t will say I logged off and on every 2 minutes or so when I was really online the whole time. :|
I'm considering to add a "update camscore" button. Should be easy, but the data must be updated in 2 different servers, and the second server does not have public access, so nobody, except me, has permissions to connect to it, including the first server (the site).

I manually updated your camscore. Congrats on your new best camscore

The bug on the last activity column is an annoying bug that I can't get fixed for good :(

MyCamgirl said:
ShelterLight said:
It uses a modified bayesian rating formula. As you don't have enough votes, you end up with a low rating ;)
Oh wow, mine blows now too, it used to be awesome! Did something change?

MyCamgirl said:
ShelterLight said:
It uses a modified bayesian rating formula. As you don't have enough votes, you end up with a low rating ;)
"Enough votes?" Seems a little odd for a simple rating system. Why not just use an average?

AmberCutie said:
MyCamgirl said:
ShelterLight said:
Nop, nothing changed. It is the same formula that I've been using for like 2 years. Your review is actually on top 5, tied with SexyVenera's review, but as the list shows only 5 entries, you were pushed off the list.

edit: you are now showing up on top 5, beating Venera by 0.01 point :p

Reactions: LadyLuna
Nordling said:
MyCamgirl said:
ShelterLight said:
"Enough votes?" Seems a little odd for a simple rating system. Why not just use an average?
Because a rating based on 5 votes shouldn't have the same weight as a rating based on 500 votes. This is the idea behind bayesian ratings ;)

Reactions: Puffin
Lol I just checked my rating and it's 0.44. :lol: It probably doesn't help that my information isn't correct though. RoseblowsBJ is no longer a working account, just BlackxxxRose now, and I'm also no longer on camwhores and don't want to be affiliated with them. Everything else looks accurate though :thumbleft:

MyCamgirl said:
Nordling said:
MyCamgirl said:
ShelterLight said:
Because a rating based on 5 votes shouldn't have the same weight as a rating based on 500 votes. This is the idea behind bayesian ratings ;)
So, 500 hundred haters mean more than two or three decent humans? lol Yeah, yeah, I know...stats and stuff. Maybe make exception to the models with fewer ratings? Just seems silly to have horrid ratings just because someone hasn't stumbled onto your site that may adore a particular model.

Or maybe at least have a footnote to the ratings that explains that lower ratings doesn't mean lower ratings when one has FEWER people rate them. How many people even know about bayesian information or that LaPlace loved them? lol

MyCamgirl said:
AmberCutie said:
MyCamgirl said:
ShelterLight said:
Nop, nothing changed. It is the same formula that I've been using for like 2 years. Your review is actually on top 5, tied with SexyVenera's review, but as the list shows only 5 entries, you were pushed off the list.

edit: you are now showing up on top 5, beating Venera by 0.01 point :p
Just seems weird that if I am in the top 5 best ratings I have less than 50% favorability. As Nordling said you may want to consider a different system... or not... if you feel that ratings of this type don't matter on a site like yours, then I am sure it's not worth worrying about.

Reactions: Nordling
The simplest "fix" would be to include both average and bayesian. I'm guessing that ONLY having the sophisticated, statistics-oriented system without going into stats theory and other stuff that would be tl;dr leaves the ratings pretty much meaningless to anyone but a stats geek.

Not that I'd ever use a star rating to guage whether or not I'm gonna like a model but the MFC ratings seem pretty foolproof - an average rating out of five and then the number of ratings next to it. That way you can tell one five star rating with one vote from another five star rating with a thousand votes just by glancing at it :twocents-02cents:

EasyBakeBabyOven said:
Lol I just checked my rating and it's 0.44. :lol: It probably doesn't help that my information isn't correct though. RoseblowsBJ is no longer a working account, just BlackxxxRose now, and I'm also no longer on camwhores and don't want to be affiliated with them. Everything else looks accurate though :thumbleft:
Camwhore link removed, clips4sale link added. That streamate account isn't closed, so it can't (or shouldn't) be flagged as closed.

If you see a nickname that shouldn't be there or that is displaying a wrong information, you can report it (you don't need to be a member)

Mh7Yq.jpg

;)

Reactions: Rose
Im not even 100% certain of how the site works... or how to link up my SM account with my profile there... or if I have any reviews/ratings. o_O

PinkiePixi said:
Im not even 100% certain of how the site works... or how to link up my SM account with my profile there... or if I have any reviews/ratings. o_O
Here, I created it just now: http://mycamgirl.net/cwsw/camgirl/3983/PinkiePixi

That page is tied to your profile, so your privacy settings will be applied there too. You can also change the picture.

Update camscore

Under the model's camscore there is link "Update camscore", which makes coffee! :p

sZDpf.jpg

The link is only available if the last update was over 6 hours ago, and clicking on it will:

- Check for the current camscore;
- Check for "Double or nothing" badge;
- Check if the nickname has been changed. It tries to find what is the current nickname. If found, it updates nickname and camscore, otherwise it assumes that the account has been closed. This will not work with girls who have set "don't track my nicknames", and will not redirect unwanted stalkers to new nickname.

The cache is refreshed so the new camscore is seen on the graph immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.