AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

My Experience with Chaturbate.com

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 8, 2013
I have reported ZMedia LLC, INC to both the Better Business Bureau of San Diego and http://www.ripoffreport.com. I wish to warn everyone about the experience I had, to serve as a cautionary tale. I submitted the following:

I was a member in good-standing for the better part of a year. I had easily spent over $500 throughout that time. I obeyed all the site rules. I was polite and generous to the models. My username was "yaybuttcheeks".
Back in late-August, early-September (I am not sure the exact date it was), I logged into my account after about a week of inactivity to discover my account had been banned for "Terms of Service violation". I emailed Customer Support about this 4 times and was never responded to. A cam-friend of mine suggested emailing someone named "Shirley" because she helped another member deal with an erroneous banning before. This "Shirley" did respond to me, once, to inform me that she only dealt with models and to contact Customer Support. I mentioned I had done this already and got nothing in response. I felt she could have at least attempted to assist me. To this date, I have been given no reason for the banning, nor any guidance on what could be done to lift it. I even went as far to try and contact anyone affiliated with the site on Twitter and Facebook, and still no response. I have filed a report with the Better Business Bureau to try and resolve the issue at hand, which is as follows:
I spent at least $150 on content made by the models on the site. The content seems to be stored on a cloud that you may access but not download from. Since my banning, I have no access to the content I purchased. The site is also continuing to charge me, as of the date of this writing, a "fan club fee" -- their term for a monthly subscription to a particular girl's online-content. It is $7.99/month (for about 5 months, now). This is also not available to me because of the ban. In lieu of any actually help from anyone involved with the site, I tried to create a new account using my original debit card information so as to avoid the appearance of fraud. They accepted my money for the new purchase and immediately banned that account, as well. That total was $10.99 plus a $.22 ATM fee, something they also never mentioned they charged you whenever you make a purchase from the site, for anything.
I feel as though I was a loyal, reliable consumer for the site. I am unaware of anything I could have possible done to violate the ToS, mostly because they have never mentioned it, but also because I had not been logged into the site for at least a week. I am currently trying to get some of my money refunded from the site. I would caution anyone looking for some adult fun with interactive, fun models to steer clear of a site that will banish a regular customer without so much as a reason, and then proceed to stonewall any attempts to ameliorate the situation.
As you may surmise, yourself, Chaturbate.com's "commitment to customer service" sort of reads like bad comedy in the face of this experience.

Please, exercise caution when deciding to make friends and patronize an adult website. I suspect they consider the material too "embarrassing" for anyone to complain about when they mess something up and then try to pretend it never existed. If they can do it to me, they can do it to anyone.

yaybuttcheeks said:
I have reported ZMedia LLC, INC to both the Better Business Bureau of San Diego and http://www.ripoffreport.com. I wish to warn everyone about the experience I had, to serve as a cautionary tale. I submitted the following:

I was a member in good-standing for the better part of a year. I had easily spent over $500 throughout that time. I obeyed all the site rules. I was polite and generous to the models. My username was "yaybuttcheeks".
Back in late-August, early-September (I am not sure the exact date it was), I logged into my account after about a week of inactivity to discover my account had been banned for "Terms of Service violation". I emailed Customer Support about this 4 times and was never responded to. A cam-friend of mine suggested emailing someone named "Shirley" because she helped another member deal with an erroneous banning before. This "Shirley" did respond to me, once, to inform me that she only dealt with models and to contact Customer Support. I mentioned I had done this already and got nothing in response. I felt she could have at least attempted to assist me. To this date, I have been given no reason for the banning, nor any guidance on what could be done to lift it. I even went as far to try and contact anyone affiliated with the site on Twitter and Facebook, and still no response. I have filed a report with the Better Business Bureau to try and resolve the issue at hand, which is as follows:
I spent at least $150 on content made by the models on the site. The content seems to be stored on a cloud that you may access but not download from. Since my banning, I have no access to the content I purchased. The site is also continuing to charge me, as of the date of this writing, a "fan club fee" -- their term for a monthly subscription to a particular girl's online-content. It is $7.99/month (for about 5 months, now). This is also not available to me because of the ban. In lieu of any actually help from anyone involved with the site, I tried to create a new account using my original debit card information so as to avoid the appearance of fraud. They accepted my money for the new purchase and immediately banned that account, as well. That total was $10.99 plus a $.22 ATM fee, something they also never mentioned they charged you whenever you make a purchase from the site, for anything.
I feel as though I was a loyal, reliable consumer for the site. I am unaware of anything I could have possible done to violate the ToS, mostly because they have never mentioned it, but also because I had not been logged into the site for at least a week. I am currently trying to get some of my money refunded from the site. I would caution anyone looking for some adult fun with interactive, fun models to steer clear of a site that will banish a regular customer without so much as a reason, and then proceed to stonewall any attempts to ameliorate the situation.
As you may surmise, yourself, Chaturbate.com's "commitment to customer service" sort of reads like bad comedy in the face of this experience.

Please, exercise caution when deciding to make friends and patronize an adult website. I suspect they consider the material too "embarrassing" for anyone to complain about when they mess something up and then try to pretend it never existed. If they can do it to me, they can do it to anyone.

Your account YayButtCheeks was linked to an account we banned for harassment towards a broadcaster. We apologize you could not access the Fan Club membership you paid for. We have refunded you and lifted the ban. Please refrain from abusive behavior towards broadcasters.

Jupiter551 said:
Sounds like some kind of mistake in the first place...and then no excuse for stalling and ignoring a paying customer.

I know a model who could never sign up there because no one would ever respond to her or her applications lol.

Can you have her e-mail me?

Thank you in advance,

-Shirley
Shirley@Chaturbate.com

I know a lot of people work for and patronize Chaturbate with no issues, but it always seems like anyone that actually has a problem has to jump through a lot of hoops to get any answers to complaints/questions. A paying customer shouldn't have to resort to posting complaints/cautions to a public forum in order for someone to give them the time of day.

Surely, Chaturbate support could have easily answered this mans original email if the answer was really this straight-forward.

:twocents-02cents:

punker barbie said:
Jupiter551 said:
Sounds like some kind of mistake in the first place...and then no excuse for stalling and ignoring a paying customer.

I know a model who could never sign up there because no one would ever respond to her or her applications lol.

Can you have her e-mail me?

Thank you in advance,

-Shirley
Shirley@Chaturbate.com
yep thanks, will pass it on

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
Jupiter551 said:

That was my first thought. Indeed, my first few emails started in a very "Look, I understand this is probably some mistake. What can we do to ameliorate this?"-tone. The delay in any response at all is what got my Irish up, so to speak.

AllisonWilder said:
I know a lot of people work for and patronize Chaturbate with no issues, but it always seems like anyone that actually has a problem has to jump through a lot of hoops to get any answers to complaints/questions. A paying customer shouldn't have to resort to posting complaints/cautions to a public forum in order for someone to give them the time of day.

Surely, Chaturbate support could have easily answered this mans original email if the answer was really this straight-forward.

:twocents-02cents:

That is exactly the consensus I have built, as well, talking to fellow patrons of the site and models I have befriended. When it works, it's great; When something goes wrong, it's Chernobyl. And it isn't exactly that straight-forward. Though, I agree, getting back to me would've avoided all of this and solved the problem much quicker. Here, I'll explain:

punker barbie said:
Your account YayButtCheeks was linked to an account we banned for harassment towards a broadcaster. We apologize you could not access the Fan Club membership you paid for. We have refunded you and lifted the ban. Please refrain from abusive behavior towards broadcasters.

I'll bet that username that was banned was "ilovetits"-and some numbers (I don't recall his actual username). When I first started using Chaturbate I quickly became chummy with a model on the site. She would frequently grant me moderator powers when I would enter the room, without any prompting. I had accidentally silenced this user I am referring to while trying to get a spam-bot. I felt responsible for ruining his experience that night and offered to buy him some tokens as an apology. I signed into his name and bought him like 100 tokens through the third-party processor and made sure none of my information was saved. Perhaps my account was still linked to that? He was entirely the kind of pedantic individual to throw some tantrum at a model. I'm a Momma's Boy with two sisters, and a few dropped assault charges due to quelling the local custom of this bad neighborhood I lived in. Apparently, it was perfectly acceptable to punch one's significant-other around the lawn if the mood struck you. This is all by way of saying "I ain't the guy that'd do that".

I appreciate your finally getting back to me (after the better part of 5 months and through a forum I didn't know existed until a few days ago). I know you must be busy running a site, and all. But really, the response time is colossally disappointing. If you're trying to save face by painting me in a negative light, I assure you, you've missed your mark. Even if I were guilty of this accusation, it does little to address the fact that it's taken me this long to get a response.
However, I do appreciate your tending to my problem. I am relieved to finally have this put to rest, truly. Thank you for your time.

yaybuttcheeks said:
punker barbie said:

I'll bet that username that was banned was "ilovetits"-and some numbers (I don't recall his actual username). When I first started using Chaturbate I quickly became chummy with a model on the site. She would frequently grant me moderator powers when I would enter the room, without any prompting. I had accidentally silenced this user I am referring to while trying to get a spam-bot. I felt responsible for ruining his experience that night and offered to buy him some tokens as an apology. I signed into his name and bought him like 100 tokens through the third-party processor and made sure none of my information was saved. Perhaps my account was still linked to that? He was entirely the kind of pedantic individual to throw some tantrum at a model. I'm a Momma's Boy with two sisters, and a few dropped assault charges due to quelling the local custom of this bad neighborhood I lived in. Apparently, it was perfectly acceptable to punch one's significant-other around the lawn if the mood struck you. This is all by way of saying "I ain't the guy that'd do that".

I appreciate your finally getting back to me (after the better part of 5 months and through a forum I didn't know existed until a few days ago). I know you must be busy running a site, and all. But really, the response time is colossally disappointing. If you're trying to save face by painting me in a negative light, I assure you, you've missed your mark. Even if I were guilty of this accusation, it does little to address the fact that it's taken me this long to get a response.
However, I do appreciate your tending to my problem. I am relieved to finally have this put to rest, truly. Thank you for your time.

We apologize that you had to post here to get our attention. We are working internally on improving the communication issue and are open to suggestions from the community.

punker barbie said:
yaybuttcheeks said:
punker barbie said:

We apologize that you had to post here to get our attention. We are working internally on improving the communication issue and are open to suggestions from the community.

Simply replying to peoples issues the first time would solve the issues people constantly complain about. That's all you can do. For models as well. There are tons who complain of the customer service. Rarely do they hear back if at all, let alone in a timely manner. Random bans, accounts gone, all of it.

To me that's bad business. Word of mouth is everything, and when we see people posting frequently that they are getting no help from support in any way that puts a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths.

Support could have just answered his question the first time. You Shirley could have replied to him even. You told him you only deal with models but suddenly when he is on a public forum you managed to get the info and fix things.

I know the site is busy and i'm sure there are a lot of real issues you all have to deal with to run it. I give slack for that always. As i'm sure there are also morons who contact support for anything and bog the system down. But for it to take 5 months for someone to get an issue like this fixed is ridiculous. And I guess technically support still hasn't actually helped him. You did here only. Hire more support staff if it's taking months for people to get help. Hire better staff who can just fix issues the first time they happen. This has all been suggested and told before though. For over a year actually.

yaybuttcheeks said:
I have reported ZMedia LLC, INC to both the Better Business Bureau of San Diego and http://www.ripoffreport.com.

Interesting the search results at ripoffreport if you search for chaturbate have big full headers about how wonderful Chaturbate is.

Complaint Review: Chaturbate.com – Zmedianow | Ripoff Report Verified

Ripoff Report verified? what's that all about..does that involve Chaturbate handing over money to that site. :think:

As a matter of policy, when a business becomes a member of the Corporate Advocacy Program they agree to allow Ripoff Report to contact every client who filed a complaint so they can make things right with them. In order to confirm that the complaints were resolved, Ripoff Report is copied on all responses so we can insure that the member business did right by their customer.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Hey everyone! So I would like to share with you my dissapointment regarding Chaturbate. 6 months ago I found about this site and I got so freakin excited because it seemed quite nice and without all the camscore drama stress that MFC has. I even made my passport because I don't have a driver's license.But when I tried to send them my details they didn't even received them replying that they don't accept models from my country (I'm from Romania).Well I kinda know what ppl think about Romania and romanians in general but huh..anyway I e-mailed them and I tried to tell them that I'm not a freak or weirdo or whatever dangerous creature they think I am but same answer. Now I'm thinking that it's not fair what they are doing and they exclude a whole country for the mistakes of a few models. Haha sometimes I feel bad that I am romanian but I don't have a choice and it's not my fault.What do you guys think about that and how could I solve my problem ?

DollyBow said:
Hey everyone! So I would like to share with you my dissapointment regarding Chaturbate. 6 months ago I found about this site and I got so freakin excited because it seemed quite nice and without all the camscore drama stress that MFC has. I even made my passport because I don't have a driver's license.But when I tried to send them my details they didn't even received them replying that they don't accept models from my country (I'm from Romania).Well I kinda know what ppl think about Romania and romanians in general but huh..anyway I e-mailed them and I tried to tell them that I'm not a freak or weirdo or whatever dangerous creature they think I am but same answer. Now I'm thinking that it's not fair what they are doing and they exclude a whole country for the mistakes of a few models. Haha sometimes I feel bad that I am romanian but I don't have a choice and it's not my fault.What do you guys think about that and how could I solve my problem ?
Still can't believe they banned Romanian models. Bet it didn't have the results they hoped for. I wouldn't consider not being able to work there a problem. Have you tried Streamate? Camgirls here speak highly of it. Faster support, better security, been around forever, etc.

DollyBow said:
.But when I tried to send them my details they didn't even received them replying that they don't accept models from my country (I'm from Romania).Well I kinda know what ppl think about Romania and romanians in general but huh..anyway I e-mailed them and I tried to tell them that I'm not a freak or weirdo or whatever dangerous creature they think I am but same answer. Now I'm thinking that it's not fair what they are doing and they exclude a whole country for the mistakes of a few models. Haha sometimes I feel bad that I am romanian but I don't have a choice and it's not my fault.What do you guys think about that and how could I solve my problem ?

They will say its due to high amounts of fraud from those regions. Same as they did to the Philippines girls. Which is odd as models from those regions use the same payment systems. Payoneer cards etc.

There was some comment over at the link http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/chaturbat ... com-868044

PunkInDrublic said:
Still can't believe they banned Romanian models. Bet it didn't have the results they hoped for. I wouldn't consider not being able to work there a problem. Have you tried Streamate? Camgirls here speak highly of it. Faster support, better security, been around forever, etc.

It's a problem if a model prefers to do public shows and wants an alternative to MFC. Some models like Streamate, but if they are interested in something other than privates or gold shows, then there's pretty much only MFC and Chaturbate that have decent traffic. Having that choice removed is a problem.

Sevrin said:
Having that choice removed is a problem.
Yeah but can she really do anything about the problem? Its fucked up that she can't work there but she could check out streamate or try worrying less about camscore or get verified and read about other stuff.

Reactions: CharlotteLace
PunkInDrublic said:
Sevrin said:
Having that choice removed is a problem.
Yeah but can she really do anything about the problem? Its fucked up that she can't work there but she could check out streamate or try worrying less about camscore or get verified and read about other stuff.
Yes I just got verified and I will read about all . I'll worry less about camscore cuz really I hate that is such a big deal about it on MFC.I really the members and the mood. It just didnt seem fair for Chaturbate to do that think with Romania.Cuz we have to admit that bad models that not respect the rules or they are acting wrong are everywhere not only in Romania.But besides those there are some pretty awesome models too with great personalities and respect.I just wanted to have an alternative to MFC whenever I don't feel like logging on it.But apparently there isn't.I'm not really the type of model that would sit around all day naked and doing endlessly cumshows.I like to play games and stuff like that,that on other sites you can't really do.Well I think it's just badluck.

Status
Not open for further replies.