AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MiltonBerle's Camgirl Awards - An idea worth pursuing?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 29, 2012
Hey ladies. I have been in a lot of your rooms before, and hope to meet the rest of you soon. I've been around MFC since November and am an addict! Tokens won't stop falling out of my pocket.

So I was trying to think of an idea where I could earn some extra spending tokens while at the same time helping models out.

I came up with the idea of MiltonBerle's Camgirl Awards.

Now, my idea isn't only to create a set of monthly Awards, but also to create a situation where I could gather tips from the guys that would be paid back to you to boost your camscore or help push you into one of the MissMyFreeCams 1-100 slots at the first of the month or end of the month depending how you want to do it.

This is how it would work. I will create a MiltonBerle's Camgirl Awards icon to place on your profile, and when the guys go there they can vote for you in a certain awards category with a 25 token tip per vote cost. I would keep track of all tips that came from your members, and save those tokens and return 80% of those tokens back to you at the end/first of the month.

I understand a lot of models have a perving account that they have the guys tip to for this reason, but this takes it off your hands and also gives you the chance to win the awards which would come with a set tip amount as well.

So what would I do with the other 20%? 10% would go to me, so I can have some extra tipping money - and the other 10% would go to fund the prizes for the awards.

For instance: MiltonBerle's Camgirl of the Month, Newbie Camgirl of the Month, and so on.

I'm not sure how popular this would be, but I am willing to put up a 5000 token prize of my own money that the winner of MiltonBerle's Camgirl of the Month would get in addition to the 80% of the money their members tipped and the % of the 10% for awards.

I understand the thought of trusting your members voting tips to someone else though. I'd be willing to give you all of my personal info and all if that helped as far as trust goes.

I haven't thought out every detail of this, but I think it could turn into something awesome. I'd love to get all of you girls opinion on this.

Since it isn't in your signature, I'll just leave this here.

http://profiles.myfreecams.com/MiltonBerle

As far as your awards... I'm not keen on the idea, but some may be. I personally would rather my members tip ME the 25 tokens instead of you since you're going to keep 20% of their tokens. And an award/competition is better hosted by a member who is more established and well known by the whole community. I'm sure you're awesome and friendly (and you seem to have some mostly good advice to give models on your profile, 'cept a couple) but I'm not sure this would work like you imagine it would.

It's sort of like the Twitter accounts that claim they're going to promote you, but have only 1/16th of the followers you have. It's a bit ass-backwards.

This sounds a lot more beneficial to you, directly, than to the models participating. It gets your name circulated and makes you some extra spending tokens. ;)

That does make sense AmberCutie. I didn't mean to try to take advantage or anything. I just love helping out, it's what I do in life so thought I might extend that to the girls here too. I help businesses make more money when I'm not on the cam site and when I see some of these girls coming in and struggling I wanted to help them as well.

I'm sure you aren't hearing for the first time that some of the girls who sign up to become models make it much past their first 10 hours without understanding even the basics of how to make money on cam.

I guess my motivations also are a little selfish as well. I want to see some of these new models for many years to come, and if they don't make much money quick a large majority of them never come back. I spend a pretty good amount of money on here compared to the average premium member I bet, so I know I am new but I'm a good tipper and am gonna be for a long time to come. I thought that it'd be awesome to figure out a way to get a few extra tokens to spend every month without having to go deeper into my bank account. Maybe it wasn't the best idea after all, but I do still like the idea of recognizing cam models with some awards at least.

I find it amazing that MFC gives out a $1000 prize to the #1 Model, when I have personally seen 190,000 token tips from 1 guy to 1 model - (and I know there are tips higher in the past) Isn't that roughly a $9500 profit for MFC on that one tip? Just that one tip would almost cover the range of awards given out to the models in 1-100 spots.

Now I had no delusions of grandeur that my awards would ever get to that level but I see that and I think, well that sucks. :)

Well it would be closer to a 6600-7000ish profit, (you've been around enough to know that MFC doesn't strictly take 50%, and higher token packages for less than 8 cents each) but yes MFC makes money from the transactions on the site. I'm not really sure what your point is about that, since your OP was about a contest for models, not a post complaining about the cut that the camsite takes.

I agree that too many new models don't do enough research before starting their cam up for the first time. Unfortunately there's no helping that. Helpful sites and forums (like this one) are here for the girls who plan ahead to succeed on MFC. Creating an award competition for them isn't going to do much.

I think a better idea, if you'd really like to help the newbies out, is to come to ACF or other adult forums and help drive some traffic to their room. Get others to enjoy her and tip out of their pockets, too. With her permission, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.