AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC on IE8 oddness

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 15, 2010
So I upgraded to IE 8 and wanted to see if MFC works any better than it did on 7, and the first time I fired it up I got this:

I had never seen this screen until now. I could log into my account fine with IE, but I've never seen this before when logging in as a guest, and never had this with IE7 and can still log into the vanilla URL as a guest on other browsers with no problem. It only seems to happen with IE 8.

Attachments

• mfcoddity.jpg
    mfcoddity.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 128
i have seen that screen a long time ago.. but i can not remember what i tried to do when i got it.

Putting on my web programming hat, IE is the worst browser for using on the net.

Chrome or Firefox are far superior, in terms of speed,how well they display pages and how well the pages run.

IE is so damn fickle with code, with proprietary Microsoft crap interfering on almost every level of web standards :angry4: .

If you're too worried about Google invading your privacy (a sort of understandable but baseless concern that can be saved for another time), then Firefox is the go. Version 6 came out recently and has vastly improved the MFC experience - back at V4, I couldn't even use MFC on it but these days it's super quick and smooth.

IE is not your friend, ever ever ever. Even IE9 is slow and cumbersome (although much better at the rendering side, it's still a total PITA).

I also use Safari occasionally and have had no problems with using it on MFC. It's probably the least bloated of the four (FF, IE, Chrome and itself.) I haven't found a need for any special plug-ins when on MFC, but YMMV. :)

I use Iron for MFC. Firefox doesn't do a great job with it, as far as I'm concerned. I was mostly curious about that MFC page.

I saw that screen once before, can't remember which browser though, but most likely chrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.