AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC member scam

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish his profile was still up, just for the fact that right before he hid it/deleted it/whatever there were angry comments from several models. XNatashaPinkX particularly absolutely ripped him a new asshole lol.

ComicOzzie said:
bodisha said:
Yes I thought this too, in what he posted on my wall I noticed he starts by trying to feed my ego, then tells a half-truth, then tells an outright lie, then sugar coats it again at the end by saying it's nice to see someone looking out for the models.

It's the same formula used to get some women under thumb & gain control of them.... Start off happy & nice... and slowly move the line back with the lies & shitty behavior... toss in a lil arrogant blame for why its the chicks fault he treats her like shit... play off a lil insecurity like your not going to stand for their bullshit... and BAM you got a chick chasing you around to either monitor their room or suck your dick

Damn, I gotta write this down! :mrgreen:

Clearly you need to click on ads legitimate personals like this, she's just waiting for you man!
5a10ce6be873ac8fc50583ea7bddb9.jpg

Jupiter551 said:
I wish his profile was still up, just for the fact that right before he hid it/deleted it/whatever there were angry comments from several models. XNatashaPinkX particularly absolutely ripped him a new asshole lol.

Wow, that's not like Nat at all to do that. :lol:

ComicOzzie said:
Jupiter551 said:

Yeah completely out of character hahah

Jupiter551 said:
ComicOzzie said:
Jupiter551 said:

Yeah completely out of character hahah

Damn! I missed Nat ripping AgeOfTim a new asshole?!

I can't confirm if this is actually his twitter account or not, but check this out... lmao! https://twitter.com/AgeOfTim

Tweets with links to pyramid schemes and phishing websites at attempts to gain personal information of those easily fooled...

strider77 said:
I can't confirm if this is actually his twitter account or not, but check this out... lmao! https://twitter.com/AgeOfTim

Tweets with links to pyramid schemes and phishing websites at attempts to gain personal information of those easily fooled...
Ugh will this guy ever give up?

You're right about the detection but antivirus scanners are only effective if you regurarly update it's definitions

There have been studies done that show somewhere in the area of 80-90% of the attacks on PC's could be avoided if the Microsoft Security patches had been installed. While anti-virus is essential, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure in my opinion, and everyone should be updating their computers. With so many models earning their living off their computer, I'm really surprised more aren't taking the time to become computer literate.... Or at least to understand the basics beyond flipping a switch and double clicking the MFC application.

bodisha said:
With so many models earning their living off their computer, I'm really surprised more aren't taking the time to become computer literate.... Or at least to understand the basics beyond flipping a switch and double clicking the MFC application.
I completely agree.

Also off topic, but notice how I left the name in the quote? I'd love if you would start doing the same, bodisha. :)

AmberCutie said:
bodisha said:
With so many models earning their living off their computer, I'm really surprised more aren't taking the time to become computer literate.... Or at least to understand the basics beyond flipping a switch and double clicking the MFC application.
I completely agree.

Also off topic, but notice how I left the name in the quote? I'd love if you would start doing the same, bodisha. :)

Cautiously optimistic that you've tracked the issue back to the source? :toothy9:

Not to revive any paranoia, but there was a recent arrest of a 'sextortionist' that among other things hacked into webcams, turned them on, captured images, then extorted money to not publish the photos. He gained control when "users downloaded from peer-to-peer networks to infect computers around the world with malicious computer code. He induced victims to download the malware onto their computers by making the files appear to be popular songs."

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2 ... acke_2.pho

Granted it would be difficult to do it through MFC, but getting a model to click a link with infectious malware...

One report said he had a folder labeled "important stuff' of bank statements, etc that he observed by turning on web cams...

Shooter30 said:
Not to revive any paranoia, but there was a recent arrest of a 'sextortionist' that among other things hacked into webcams, turned them on, captured images, then extorted money to not publish the photos. He gained control when "users downloaded from peer-to-peer networks to infect computers around the world with malicious computer code. He induced victims to download the malware onto their computers by making the files appear to be popular songs."

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2 ... acke_2.pho

Granted it would be difficult to do it through MFC, but getting a model to click a link with infectious malware...

One report said he had a folder labeled "important stuff' of bank statements, etc that he observed by turning on web cams...

Link should be http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2011/09/luis_mijangos_sextortion_hacke_2.php

also "Omaima Aree Nelson, Who Killed, Chopped Up, Cooked and Ate Husband of 2 Months, Seeks Parole"
http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2011/09/omaima_aree_nelson_murder_paro.php

Ok, Just because someone is on someones friendslist doesn't make them part of someones wrong doing.

Yes, I will say I am a friend of AgeofTim. But, I didn't know of his program when I first met him. And I will admit when I did hear of it I thought it was the coolest thing ever. And yes I believed him. I met him on my perv account and we became close friends. Recently, I became a model and he added me to his list. I never promoted the program I just believed it was real. I beleived because I do know the military and government has all sorts of programs hidden from daily america.

Do NOT bash my freaking name! LIKE IM SOME FREAKING MONSTER .. YOU DONT KNOW ME AND YOU CANNOT ASSUME!.
THANK YOU!

LolaRabbit said:
Ok, Just because someone is on someones friendslist doesn't make them part of someones wrong doing.

Yes, I will say I am a friend of AgeofTim. But, I didn't know of his program when I first met him. And I will admit when I did hear of it I thought it was the coolest thing ever. And yes I believed him. I met him on my perv account and we became close friends. Recently, I became a model and he added me to his list. I never promoted the program I just believed it was real. I beleived because I do know the military and government has all sorts of programs hidden from daily america.

Do NOT bash my freaking name! LIKE IM SOME FREAKING MONSTER .. YOU DONT KNOW ME AND YOU CANNOT ASSUME!.
THANK YOU!

roflbot-ZfY6_2_.jpg

Reactions: FrenchKitty
maybe i didnt explain myself right i was distracted at the moment of writing that.

He's a sweet guy he just went about the wrong way to get noticed and attention.

I never promoted his program, donated, forced others... and etc. there =]

Lydia_Deetz said:
LolaRabbit said:

THANK YOU!

roflbot-ZfY6_2_.jpg
Read back.

Reactions: Lydia_Deetz
LolaRabbit said:
maybe i didnt explain myself right i was distracted at the moment of writing that.

He's a sweet guy he just went about the wrong way to get noticed and attention.

I never promoted his program, donated, forced others... and etc. there =]

Why would a sweet guy lie to models and steal their money?

YKvTv.jpg

Reactions: Jessi J
What I have heard about this guy is not sweet. I am going to be a cunt and say this very bluntly but if you think he is sweet im sorry hunny you have been mind fucked. He pretends to be sweet to get you to butter up to him so you will never even think he would lie to you,then gets you to sign up for something that is really a scam.Nothing sweet about an manipulative man.Maybe the saying is right girls like assholes.

I can't believe no one's said it, yet, but you KNOW he was probably a recorder, himself. I mean, really... (if someone did say it, oops)

These dudes like to try to buy models off, sometimes, with wishlist stuff, or what not. Saw one even tip 2 models after being banned, call them both names, then a few months later try to buy their favor with something off their wishlists. Luckily both knew what was up. Though, this AgeofTim guy is the biggest fail in history. And his twitter.... That seriously looks like it was hacked, rather than him doing it. I've seen that before.

And the dudes who spam the "FREE PRIVATES" shit... they had their MFC accounts hacked. Take it from me, a ding dong who has... I have like an itch just under my fingernail just at the tip of the fingernail, sometimes, and to itch it, I move my finger around on my mouse, and misclick, and yeah... Did that, once, on one of those links. Stupid accident, but I learned to not use dumb passwords. And from my archives, I saw whoever it was never said anything but the spam, even after being PMed by annoyed models. I'm just glad I got my account back, and that no CC info is stored on MFC.

Swimmer1 said:
Just an FYI he is back. His new member name is TimIsOfAge. He has been in the lounge today.

Thank you for the update Swimmer.

I know this topic is super old, and I didn't read through the whole thing, but falling for a scam doesn't mean you are less intelligent (ie, stupid). Fear is a very powerful motivator and many highly intelligent people fall for outright scams every day. Steve Jobs let himself die because he refused healthcare from actual doctors and trusted new-age wizards or some shit to fix him with organic food. It was either a senator or congresswoman who was recently put on the stand for spending thousands of dollars of public money on a phone psychic.

My brain was molded by computers and early experiences with online gaming taught me to snipe scammers as they come. I used to sell scams just like this guy when I was in my pre-teens. But women who weren't raised on computers and haven't spent a lot of time in the nerd underbelly of the Internet can easily have no experience in recognizing Internet scams on this scale, and confusing ignorance with stupidity is stupid.

Fear of being recorded is very extreme for some models, and for good reason. So saying, "you should have a complete emotional disconnect from your job and the effects it can have on your life, and if you don't, get the fuck out because we (the members) don't want models like you" is bullshit. I bet those same members throw huge bitchfits over models who don't "care enough" while at the same time lambasting them for being afraid of their content being stolen.

So... to anyone, member or model who things models falling for a scam that preys on their weaknesses and fears is being stupid, fuck you :)

Cassidy Nicole said:
I mean the military probably has such technology that this guy is describing, but I doubt they would let some random joe schmo in the army get a hold of it to save girls getting nakkie on the internet.

If the recording programs are local-only, like screen capture programs, and have no communication with the internet, there is no way to tell that someone is recording anything. The CIA and NSA can't get that information, let alone the military.

Unless there is a trojan on the system allowing remote access from an outside source, then any local-only programs in use cannot be detected. Local-only programs do not communicate with servers, so there is no outside source to get information from, or to packet sniff as they send information out.

Reactions: SoTxBob
Hello Models, I hate to bump an old thread but it's for a good cause.

Tim Shaw, online alias on multiple camsites as (AgeOfTim) (Timisofage) is still at large - and was recently, apparently, entirely banned by Chaturbate.com for unknown reasons, and has been spotted in other models rooms.

timscammer.jpg

Please be cautious and be sure to please E-Mail us any potential scams so that we can condense a database for new models who may be vulnerable - contact@modeloutput.com

Models, if you're horrified by the idea of being recorded, simply profit from it by using it as marketing. Go spent the few measly bucks for Verysoft Webcam Splitter or Magic Camera, then just put a URL or at least your model name in small text on your feed.

I remember this guy.

I was banned from a couple models rooms for calling him a fraud in their chat.

I am NOT a super tech savvy guy, but it just seemed damn near impossible for this guy to do what he claimed to do without either having a virus on your computer, or you are broadcasting the video while recording it. And even then it wouldn't be easy.

Glad to see people on this board were looking out for the models and helping keep them from getting scammed.

Kunra9 said:
I remember this guy.

I was banned from a couple models rooms for calling him a fraud in their chat.

I am NOT a super tech savvy guy, but it just seemed damn near impossible for this guy to do what he claimed to do without either having a virus on your computer, or you are broadcasting the video while recording it. And even then it wouldn't be easy.

Glad to see people on this board were looking out for the models and helping keep them from getting scammed.

More a Trojan than a virus. Virus programs are designed to harm your computer in some way, by themselves. Trojans are designed to allow others to remotely access your computer without your knowledge. Whether this is to harm your computer (by them copying personal info or deleting items), see what you have on your hard drive, or just fuck with your head by moving the mouse for you or making things pop up, it's all the same design philosophy.

As I said earlier, he'd have no way of being able to tell who is recording and who isn't unless he had access to their system. Most recording programs are local-only, with the only information coming from the intartubez being update information to upgrade the software, and that's incoming traffic sent out by the makers of the program. Most of them do not report back to the software designer (unless said designer(s) hid that in their code), so there is nothing being sent to packet sniff.

And, like torrent programs, there are a host of different and varied uses for screen recording programs that aren't just for recording live nekkid womens on the web. I have two screen recording programs that I've used for things like recording games or recording issues with my OS that I wanted to keep, to recording a tutorial for Mac users playing WoW on how to install add ons (since when I made it it seemed most WoW players on Macs didn't know how to install them http://vimeo.com/4454111 is the video). I could use them for any purpose, but the RAW files can be huge, and hard drive space isn't unlimited. I haven't really had a use for them, recently, though, as I use EyeTV with my Happauge HD PVR to record my game footage now from my 360 or PS3-- and even those files get to be ginormous when recorded at 720p.

To the original poster and everyone else

I want to thank you for your insight and I have a similar but different question

I'm concerned for members who get nude during members cam are being recorded by outside parties and could be blackmailed after. I also wonder if this ever happened before in MFC history

A. This is not a concern about models or other members screen capping your member cam (if you allow others members to see your cam). That very well could happen and people should understand this possibility

B. I know that MFC says that it DOES NOT record member cams but really I have a doubt here.

C. Can people hack into MFC and get their hands on recorded member cam footage (if it is being recorded --- which MFC DENIES they do but still)? I know they would rather record the models but are members in danger as well

Status
Not open for further replies.