AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

*** MFC Fixes and Bugs - Petition Part 1 ***

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some more..

new Filter/Sort models option "Room Traffic" Example a Model with 2000 people in her room would be listed at top. A variation on this could be using a colour based system, Red for rooms with over 1500 people in them. Orange for 1000, Yellow for 500 ,, Blue for less than 100 etc. Perhaps even a flame icon could get overlayed over top of their avater.

MFC Hall of Fame (Site Records)

Highest Camscore
Largest TIP amount (Single Token Tip)
Longest TruPrivate (Minutes, length)
Longest Groupshow (Running time)
Largest Groupshow (Peak amount of members)
Most Miss MFC Wins
Room Record (Most members in one room)

FifthElephant said:
A way for models to sell downloadable photosets/videos through the site directly, not requiring them to find other hosting, or do too much 'complex stuff.

A similar thing, but for physical stuff - where the model can say how many of what she's got to sell, and it handles addresses and stuff outstanding. So there is less of 'please MFC mail me your address xxx', and similar time-consuming stuff.
Ideally it'd handle stuff like printing packing labels and lists. Anything that makes it quicker and easier for models to do boring stuff off-screen.

I am thinking that MFC probably doesn't want their hand in this cookie jar. Being associated with items/videos that their models sell probably isn't a smart move for them unless they're going to make a whole new set of guidelines for what is and isn't allowed. The way it's run now, they don't have much, if any, responsibility for the content on the videos, etc, and can stay out of it if some member has an issue with an item they receive. MFC can say "hey, all we see is you tipped a model, and that's non refundable."

Anyways, in my fantasy world, MFC would rather their site and transactions be focused on girls putting on shows on the site instead of all the extras.

AmberCutie said:
FifthElephant said:
A way for models to sell downloadable photosets/videos through the site directly, not requiring them to find other hosting, or do too much 'complex stuff.

I am thinking that MFC probably doesn't want their hand in this cookie jar. Being associated with items/videos that their models sell probably isn't a smart move for them unless they're going to make a whole new set of guidelines for what is and isn't allowed. The way it's run now, they don't have much, if any, responsibility for the content on the videos, etc, and can stay out of it if some member has an issue with an item they receive. MFC can say "hey, all we see is you tipped a model, and that's non refundable."

Anyways, in my fantasy world, MFC would rather their site and transactions be focused on girls putting on shows on the site instead of all the extras.

Good point - I hadn't thought of that.

It might actually bring them also into consumer protection of online ordering laws - which'd be another headache.

FifthElephant said:
Some way to tell if MFC is down for everyone.
( http://www.myfreecams.com/mfc2/php/group_shows_board.php works - but is quite hidden. (if there are no group shows listed, then it's safe to say it's down)
Another option is: http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

nzhere said:
Yes, if they have a blacklist of URLS, they could easily add the spammers to it so that the URL never displays. If you have ever have someone spamming a link in your room cut n paste it and the members i.d and send to support. They will get their account terminated. If they are basics or guests still send it and mfc can check the i.p and see if it also matches to any members account..

AngelsOnCams.net is one that has been spamming mfc quite often
Well, I never had a spammer in my room because I don't have a room :p As far as I know, guests and basics can't spam links. Unless they trick the system using spaces or other chars.

This AngelOnCams is one of a dozen URLs that redirects to another camsite. Quite annoying.

AngelicTease said:
I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but sometimes pictures of other people show up in my password protected galleries! [...] And what's more annoying is, it doesn't show up as a thumbnail, only when you click the picture, so I can't easily locate it to delete it!
The thumb bug is really annoying. And also that "girl in the shadow" that appears as default picture. Sometimes it takes days to have this default picture replaced by the originally uploaded.

nzhere said:
new Filter/Sort models option "Room Traffic" Example a Model with 2000 people in her room would be listed at top. A variation on this could be using a colour based system, Red for rooms with over 1500 people in them. Orange for 1000, Yellow for 500 ,, Blue for less than 100 etc. Perhaps even a flame icon could get overlayed over top of their avater.
I don't know if anyone also suggested it, but I suggested to MFC the member counter a long time ago. They took 2 days to answer me and months to implement it. Maybe the code is too complex to work with. But your suggestion is good. If a room is full of members, some hot action may be going on. It is also good if you want to find a more calm room.

AngelicTease said:
When I ban people it doesn't seem to work, they don't appear in the ban list, and then can come in my room and be a twat still, grr. Not that just banning them de twats them but it'd be nice if they did haha.
Does that happen to anyone else?

Also sometimes when I go to click on peoples names to ban them, it doesn't let me, for some weird reason I click on them and it doesn't come up with their name and options to ban them, clicking on them doesn't do anything, and it's a pain in the arse having to copy their name then add it manually.

Both these might be problems my end and not a bug though.

the trolls are smart.. if they know your going to ban them they logout.. so click ban before you show your anger :D
if it is too late.. type the name into the chat input and copy it to paste to the banned list

I suggested Camscore be added to models profiles. Next day when I logged in it had been done!

:dance: :clap:

RufffRider said:
AngelicTease said:
When I ban people it doesn't seem to work, they don't appear in the ban list, and then can come in my room and be a twat still, grr. Not that just banning them de twats them but it'd be nice if they did haha.
Does that happen to anyone else?

Also sometimes when I go to click on peoples names to ban them, it doesn't let me, for some weird reason I click on them and it doesn't come up with their name and options to ban them, clicking on them doesn't do anything, and it's a pain in the arse having to copy their name then add it manually.

Both these might be problems my end and not a bug though.

the trolls are smart.. if they know your going to ban them they logout.. so click ban before you show your anger :D
if it is too late.. type the name into the chat input and copy it to paste to the banned list

I don't know if I'd be able to delay/hide my anger, eeek, think it's obvious from the models pet peeves topic that I throw a wobbly very easily haha.

A url filter might be good, that way all they have to do is add the 20 or so sites. But then they'd just start saying (dot)com and all that. So it wouldn't really work anyways and might just get them to disregard us again.

Remember we're just trying to give them a suggestion for doing different work with their time like fixing spelling issues and minor bugs - if we ask them to work harder and change their site completely they're going to throw this petition away.

MyCamgirl said:
FifthElephant said:
Some way to tell if MFC is down for everyone.
( http://www.myfreecams.com/mfc2/php/group_shows_board.php works - but is quite hidden. (if there are no group shows listed, then it's safe to say it's down)
Another option is: http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

Not quite - MFC is rarely - at least for me - down to the extent the initial frontpage loading doesn't work.
It's fairly commonly in the 'sits at "connecting to MFC"' state.

Sometimes it seems this only affects a few. If however the other page - which seems to 'always' work, and requires no login lists no (or few) groups or models, that's a good indicator that they've buggered it globally.

Did any other models or members notice yesterday the red announcement that came across the screen warning everyone that ''the site was about to be down for 10-15 minutes and will be back soon''? It spooked me at first to see that come across the screen but I was wondering if any other models noticed it! If so, then maybe they are taking a few small steps to at least ''warn us'' when the site is about to be rebooted!

Katrina Taylor said:
Did any other models or members notice yesterday the red announcement that came across the screen warning everyone that ''the site was about to be down for 10-15 minutes and will be back soon''? It spooked me at first to see that come across the screen but I was wondering if any other models noticed it! If so, then maybe they are taking a few small steps to at least ''warn us'' when the site is about to be rebooted!

Yes, everyone got that message. It appeared in every room.

Not sure if this has already been raised, but when you go to User Lookup in your model admin it only shows tokens that the member spent in private. I find this incredibly frustrating because a lot of guys don't bother with pvt and just tip shitloads. I like to be able to thank these people, and while you may have a rough idea of how lovely somebody is to you, other than scrolling through reams of token sessions, there is no easy way to see exactly how much was tipped, and over what time frame. This would make life a lot easier for the girls who do the highest tipper promos too. Just a thought :)

AlexLady said:
I've seen those messages many times, but mainly at about 7am EST. I guess they've learned to use them at other times too which is good.

And hey FifthElephant - that link is pretty neat. Do you have any others that are similar?

Alas - not.
99.9% of the site is 'dynamic'.
It's - normally - run off some custom chat protocol to port 8100.
The site starts, and then an invisible flash app is loaded.
This then talks to the chatserver - (one of 33 of them).

The flash client then sends your password, as the site streams a huge list of models at you, then when it notices you've logged in, it sends a 'you've logged in' - and then sends you your friends lists and their status.
The flash app then picks what models to show you on the homepage, and tells the JS parts of the local browser code to show that page.
Joining a room then adds another level - in addition to model logins/outs and status changes, the chat protocol tells you about joins/parts, and lines of chat.
As well as of course what address to load the video stream from. (this is not present in a simple or easily decoded form).

Everything that the normal UI presents to you comes from this chat stream. From PMs to model login/out notifications to newsfeeds.

The usual malfunctions can be traced to this.
Sits at 'connecting to myfreecams' - For some reason you can't talk to the chat servers - this can be local issues, or that they are down.

Chat being very laggy can have several causes - from the servers simply lagging, to your connection barely coping with the video stream, and not having enough spare bandwidth for the chat.

The servers can become 'disconnected' from each other - sometimes especially on or leading up to crashes, one group of people can talk and see what the model is typing, others can't. This can also cause the video stream to not work for some - as the chat server is telling the user the wrong address for the video.

Very little of the site is outside this mechanism.
Basically - most of the things in the 'personal menu' that popup windows are.
The only somewhat interesting page is probably group shows.

Another hack - at least on firefox, you can right-click on an emote, and 'block images from myfreecams.com' - this will only block emote images.
This can be handy if you are having bandwidth issues, or it's getting spammy.
This also blocks the 'background image' on the chat window, which can make it easier to read.

I learned the above in the process of writing a chat client for my phone (n900) - and no - it's not done - or even really started yet.

Oh!

Another 'easy' fix.

Be able to turn the chat window background off, as well as all, or all non-tiny emotes off.

Just fixing the site to work better in IE would also be a start and NO I don't accept "use a better browser" as an answer.

Chat Text dropping in popup windows is one really annoying issue

A sound level meter, with a massive flashing "TOO LOUD" if the sound is clipping.

This would help models work out sound volume 'is this music too loud' - in an easy way.
And hopefully reduce the number of models that need to BACK OFF THE MIC.

For the Model Software A tip "target" counter that auto counts all tips, until goal is reached.

nzhere said:
For the Model Software A tip "target" counter that auto counts all tips, until goal is reached.

We requested this in our original email to the admins months ago. :(

I just started using ManyCams text-over-vid option on the tip-counter. :p

How about giving members the option to hide their token count from all but the models on their friend's list?

I hear a lot of complaints about members getting begged by models they don't know if they show their token count, but then they want certain models to know that they do indeed have as many tokens as they claim to have.

Allow members to block specific models in the Personal Options. After a discussion in another thread here, I went to officially block a model from contacting me or being shown in my model list. However, while I could block her from contacting me (using the Ignore Users link), the Blocked Models list does not have an option to enter a model manually. Instead, I either have to wait until the model is online or actually add the model to my friends list so I can access her menu and click on Hide Model, followed by un-friending her.

Status
Not open for further replies.