AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

*** MFC Fixes and Bugs - Petition Part 1 ***

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexLady

Cam Model
V.I.P. AmberLander
Mar 6, 2010
The Internet
So, I think we should try to do something. That is make a partition of things that we'd like them to do that won't take long to fix.

For now, does anyone have any suggestions?

Here's a good (and reasonable) one posted by FifthElephant in this thread.

Random bugs in the UI - for example - topics showing up as 20 chars long and truncated, if you don't have the chat window hugely wide in firefox.

So that's one bug that's fixed -easily- by making the topic scroll across above the chat of a model's room.

Anyone else have a bug that could easily be fixed?

The plan is to get a simple list, and then you guys can "sign" it and we'll send it in to see if they do anything. They did before, so have hope; but don't expect them to work too hard to please us.

On the more trivial side.

Tip sounds stopping working.
No notification - apparently to the model that a tip is an invisible tip.

When I ban people it doesn't seem to work, they don't appear in the ban list, and then can come in my room and be a twat still, grr. Not that just banning them de twats them but it'd be nice if they did haha.
Does that happen to anyone else?

Also sometimes when I go to click on peoples names to ban them, it doesn't let me, for some weird reason I click on them and it doesn't come up with their name and options to ban them, clicking on them doesn't do anything, and it's a pain in the arse having to copy their name then add it manually.

Both these might be problems my end and not a bug though.

FifthElephant said:
On the more trivial side.

Tip sounds stopping working.

^This.

I *hate* how the sound doesn't work for me. It will work sometimes, once or twice a night, and then it won't. I get thrown into groups, or privates while I'm chatting in PM and didn't realize that it had initiated.

FifthElephant said:

This was already included in the model's version of this we did about 4 months ago. They know about it, but no fix yet.
AngelicTease said:
When I ban people it doesn't seem to work, they don't appear in the ban list... Also sometimes when I go to click on peoples names to ban them, it doesn't let me, for some weird reason I click on them and it doesn't come up with their name and options to ban them, clicking on them doesn't do anything, and it's a pain in the arse having to copy their name then add it manually.

Both these might be problems my end and not a bug though.

I've found if a person leaves the chat room before you finish banning them, it doesn't show up in the list, and also if they leave before you click them to ban them, you can't bring up the little text to even attempt banning. Copy/paste name into ban list is the most fail-safe way at that point.

I'd love for each model on their mini view details thingy, to have their local time so you can tell when they are normally on in reference to your time.

Increase bandwidth, number of servers.
Compress all the javascript/common images on the pages.
Use tools like Yslow and Google Speed Test to find out what they can do to speed things up.
Allow models to be found in a way that allows people who like/don't like certain things to search against them, for example - models who will/won't do anal, models who are kinky, etc. The ghetto way to do that is looking at profiles in model explorer and then do a browser find.
Automate allowing models to post when they are on/off via twitter, rss feed, etc.

I'm sure there are other things.

Actually MFC's has a -shitload- of servers. As in, over 170 -just- for video. The reason the site is slow is that their DNS is setup badly and their website has some code they don't even use.

However, we can't just send them a list of all the things they've fucked up. They're not going to recode their whole site; we know that. On this we're going to focus on small, reasonable things so that they can take us seriously and get at least something out of it.

I'm sure they get -dozens- of emails every day telling them they need more servers and their coding sucks, or complaints about the crashes - but obviously those do nothing. Adding them to our list will just make them toss it out just like they do the other emails.

We need to make a list of common, small bugs or improvements on the user's side. Nothing more. At least not now.

MFC's already has it so a model can put her location on her profile if she wants to; you can google their time zone with that. If not she can easily convert her schedule to PST. This seams more like a model's responsibility than MFC's.

AlexLady said:
MFC's already has it so a model can put her location on her profile if she wants to; you can google their time zone with that. If not she can easily convert her schedule to PST. This seams more like a model's responsibility than MFC's.

I was under the impression that when you view a model's profile schedule it adjusts according to YOUR timezone. For example, when I visit SexyyOnee's profile, who is an Aussie girl, it shows her schedule as PST to me. I think MFC has that part covered. Please correct me if I am wrong.

You can always look on MFC PST time is shown at bottom left corner of the screen. Also top right corner of models or user profiles pages.

Example from top right corner models profile

Your Time: 8:59am UTC
MyFreeCams Time: 1:00pm PST

This is something they can fix...

In profiles you can have ages input below 18, i've seen several models list their age as 17 oops that should not be possible :naughty: :naughty:

Model Software fixes

Add ability to Enable Watermarking of Models Video

MFC Site fixes/improvement

Add a URL filter/blacklist that filters out linking all the well known other camsites and linking to models videos on sites such as redtube.

Add Feature "Camscore tracking" stats on the model admin page.

Remove ability to show ages under 18 yrs in profiles.

Fix minor issue in text "Group Show Has Been Initiated Users wating:" (The word is spelt waiting)

Fix issues on models profile to do with entry of height (e.g many models are 12ft tall)

Fix the word Automobile on models profiles (security issue, some models think this refers to their cellphone number)

Improve the Groupshows function so that it can tick over 3 waiting. A model may wish to start the group when it reaches 10?

Wow... they actually decided to warn us that the site was going down for fixes??!!

That was just a few minutes ago. Wonder if the 5-10 minutes will actually be an hour or two.

Attachments

• omgwow.png
    omgwow.png
    79.9 KB · Views: 398
Fuck I hope not, was trying to squeeze the last few hundred out of my target for the day shift before dinner!

On bugs, I can never see the guests. Ever. So I automatically keep them on mute, until the mute runs out and then I have to remember, or someone says 'Shut up guest!' lol. Not that I am bothered about this getting fixed, although I must come across as pretty ignorant if there is a nice guest and I never respond. I sometimes make an announcement to them at some point, 'register if you want me to read you...'

Does anyone else have this?

FluffyDoll said:
Fuck I hope not, was trying to squeeze the last few hundred out of my target for the day shift before dinner!

On bugs, I can never see the guests. Ever. So I automatically keep them on mute, until the mute runs out and then I have to remember, or someone says 'Shut up guest!' lol. Not that I am bothered about this getting fixed, although I must come across as pretty ignorant if there is a nice guest and I never respond. I sometimes make an announcement to them at some point, 'register if you want me to read you...'

Does anyone else have this?

If you have logged into the website on your model name, and gone into a room and muted the guests while you're watching a model... I think it bugs out your model client and silences them to you in your room as well. Especially plausible if you logged in on IE to watch a model.

It used to happen to me months ago. I logged back into the site and un-clicked the mute guests/basics features, and then I could see them on my client again.

FluffyDoll said:
Ahhhh. I don't remember ever doing that but I will check that out! Who's room can I go in lol?

Well once the site is back up.... ClassicPinup allows models and she'll probably be online. She's a sweetie if you've never visited I'd recommend it.

Oh lots of good suggestions. I'll start part 2 of this thing soon, so does anyone have anything else to add?

And the hidden guests; above the user list you should see something somewhere that says (show/hide users.)

At least I think it's above... um, well look for that. You might have it setup not to show them. For example I only see premiums in my room. It helps because then it jumps around less when it refreshes.

AlexLady said:
Oh lots of good suggestions. I'll start part 2 of this thing soon, so does anyone have anything else to add?

And the hidden guests; above the user list you should see something somewhere that says (show/hide users.)

At least I think it's above... um, well look for that. You might have it setup not to show them. For example I only see premiums in my room. It helps because then it jumps around less when it refreshes.

hi alex, where can i fix that??
i just wanna see premiums too

AlexLady said:

I think she was referring to never seeing them chat in the room. As if she had clicked "no" to allowing guests to speak even though she hadn't.

Showing basics/guests/prems only in the user list is a different dealio. Yes turning that to premiums only helps the refresh rate not be such a bugger.

They should Fix the slow loading of archives and it badly needs a SEARCH function!

nzhere said:
Add a URL filter/blacklist that filters out linking all the well known other camsites and linking to models videos on sites such as redtube.
Hell this would be great. And block those scam sites promising free tokens.

nzhere said:
Improve the Groupshows function so that it can tick over 3 waiting. A model may wish to start the group when it reaches 10?
Good too. Right now, some models, when they reach 3, ask if there are 2 or 3 more guys willing to go group. Unfortunately, some jerks say yes but they never join the group. So, many girls keep rejecting group shows because 3 members are not as many as they want.

But there are also girls that are ok with less than 3. At least one comes to my mind now.

Some way to tell if MFC is down for everyone.
( http://www.myfreecams.com/mfc2/php/group_shows_board.php works - but is quite hidden. (if there are no group shows listed, then it's safe to say it's down)

Fix random kicks out of rooms. Or if that can't be fixed, make it so that you bounce back into the room when the homepage reloads.

Some pics in chat randomly show up as not clickable to enlarge when you link them.

No way to switch emotes on/off easily. (they can use a modest amount of bandwidth in some cases for users, enough to make video skippy if your connection is marginal).

Model explorer sort should be context aware.
For example, instead of 'sort alphabetically' on ethnicity, it lets me click 'black'.

A way for models to sell downloadable photosets/videos through the site directly, not requiring them to find other hosting, or do too much 'complex stuff.

A similar thing, but for physical stuff - where the model can say how many of what she's got to sell, and it handles addresses and stuff outstanding. So there is less of 'please MFC mail me your address xxx', and similar time-consuming stuff.
Ideally it'd handle stuff like printing packing labels and lists. Anything that makes it quicker and easier for models to do boring stuff off-screen.

MyCamgirl said:
nzhere said:
Hell this would be great. And block those scam sites promising free tokens.

nzhere said:
Good too. Right now, some models, when they reach 3, ask if there are 2 or 3 more guys willing to go group. Unfortunately, some jerks say yes but they never join the group. So, many girls keep rejecting group shows because 3 members are not as many as they want.

But there are also girls that are ok with less than 3. At least one comes to my mind now.

Yes, if they have a blacklist of URLS, they could easily add the spammers to it so that the URL never displays. If you have ever have someone spamming a link in your room cut n paste it and the members i.d and send to support. They will get their account terminated. If they are basics or guests still send it and mfc can check the i.p and see if it also matches to any members account..

AngelsOnCams.net is one that has been spamming mfc quite often

I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but sometimes pictures of other people show up in my password protected galleries! I've had two other girls, and even a picture of a man show up! I don't want a picture of something that isn't allowed to accidently end up in one of my gallleries, and then for MFC to ban me from the site when it's not even my fault, grrrr. And what's more annoying is, it doesn't show up as a thumbnail, only when you click the picture, so I can't easily locate it to delete it!

Status
Not open for further replies.