AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Members in Public Chat

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
trotskyleon said:
I often chat and then encourage other members to tip (if I cant).

Please don't do this. Guys don't like being told by another guy to tip (especially when he's not tipping either), and I hardly ever see this method actually helping the model. It might even turn off members and cause them to leave the room.

trotskyleon said:
But I went on spree where i randomly went to models rooms and insulted them (just said few rude words in a funny way).

Well, that's not very nice...I take it you get banned a lot?

trotskyleon said:
ummm.. ok ban me

:violin:

See, now you're just being immature. You just told us that you went on a spree where you "randomly went to models' rooms and insulted them (just said few rude words in a funny way)." You weren't expecting us to give you a "Haha...omg, that's so funny!" response, were you?

yummybrownfox said:
trotskyleon said:
ummm.. ok ban me

:violin:

See, now you're just being immature. You just told us that you went on a spree where you "randomly went to models' rooms and insulted them (just said few rude words in a funny way)." You weren't expecting us to give you a "Haha...omg, that's so funny!" response, were you?

I wasnt expecting any response. My point was simply dont be afraid to say things, there are plenty of models to hang out with some will ban and others won't. Models have the ability to ban and they will use it if they dont like what you say, so might as well say what you want.

Of course I am not saying you go and be rude to every model. But I wasn't in a good mood that night, bored, sad whatever and so I did that. Some models banned me and others didnt. Every model is different and thats awesome.

And yummybrownfox, just because you havent seen it work doesnt mean it doesnt work. Its in my interests for the models i like to earn tokens. So if i feel it doesnt work then I wont do it, but it has worked with the models I like. Models ask me to do it sometimes (not necessarily say - "tip her", but say "she is really beautfil and its worth tipping to check her out for e.g").

Each model is different and their room is different. So of course each approach has to be different.

Reactions: LadyLuna
LilyMarie said:
trotskyleon said:
I often chat and then encourage other members to tip (if I cant). I dont spam it, I just use an emote and maybe might post it every 20 mins
I sometimes says weird things and sometimes some members use that oppurtinity to say something (mostly saying eww or I am disgusting).

To be honest, in my eyes those things are huge red flags that make me feel the urge to ban you from my room preemptively :?

Yes, I'm not trying to start an argument here, leon, but in particular, a lot of members really dislike it if someone calls for tips without tipping himself. I tend to delay tips I was going to make for at least a few minutes if someone does that because I don't want to give someone like that the satisfaction of thinking he got the model my tip. If you can't or don't choose to tip, it's best not to mention tips at all. It's fine if you're getting the ball rolling by making the first tip, but otherwise many people will take it badly. It's similar to if someone randomly says "show ass bb." I think a lot of models will react to that by deliberately not showing their booty even if they were just about to because they don't like being given orders.

To answer Megan's question, if a model asks for chat, I will try. If it's a room, where I'm new, I might find it hard because I find it difficult to come up with a conversation out of thin air if I'm not familiar with the people I'm talking to, but I'll do it if I can think of something. I guess I could always say hi and see if the profile has anything I could comment on. I do usually read them, although I might not if I'm there on a tip raid or something.

HarmlessSquirrel said:
Yes, I'm not trying to start an argument here, leon, but in particular, a lot of members really dislike it if someone calls for tips without tipping himself. I tend to delay tips I was going to make for at least a few minutes if someone does that because I don't want to give someone like that the satisfaction of thinking he got the model my tip. If you can't or don't choose to tip, it's best not to mention tips at all. It's fine if you're getting the ball rolling by making the first tip, but otherwise many people will take it badly. It's similar to if someone randomly says "show ass bb." I think a lot of models will react to that by deliberately not showing their booty even if they were just about to because they don't like being given orders.

Its a forum, arguments are fine :thumbleft:. Look if no one tips for 30 mins and no one chats, I think there is no harm in asking members to tip the model. Like I said I just dont go out there and say "Tip her guys". I use the emotes like "All tips are good" for e.g. I also do the rate and admire emote too. IF people are tipping I wont do it. Almost every time I do this, I have tipped before and sometimes I tip straight after.

And I dont this in all rooms. Only in ones where I know models dont mind me doing it. There is reason why they dont mind or encourage me to do it, its because members have tipped. Some members are reluctant to tip, because they think tipping a low amount of tokens makes them look cheap or something like that.

I also encourage others members chat or I purposively chat to certain members. I am talking about rooms where there is no pretty much no one chatting even though there are like 100 ppl in there.

Reactions: LadyLuna
trotskyleon said:
Models ask me to do it sometimes (not necessarily say - "tip her", but say "she is really beautfil and its worth tipping to check her out for e.g").

Okay, then you should've made that clear in your previous post. :) Your previous post specifically said that you tell other guys to tip (when you can't tip).

trotskyleon said:
I use the emotes like "All tips are good."

I like the "All tips are good" emote, even though the very noticeable error in the emote drives me nuts...lol.

trotskyleon said:
I also do the rate and admire emote too.

You don't have to bother with the 'rate and admire' emote, because - despite what you may have heard - rates/admires don't do anything for the model's cam score...tokens do.

yummybrownfox said:
trotskyleon said:
Models ask me to do it sometimes (not necessarily say - "tip her", but say "she is really beautfil and its worth tipping to check her out for e.g").

Okay, then you should've made that clear in your previous post. :) Your previous post specifically said that you tell other guys to tip (when you can't tip).

IT was a typo it should have said "even if I cant tip".

I cant tip all the time.

The rate and admire thing - some models just like seeing it in there profile and it also a way of getting members to look at her profile too.

I know it doesnt do anything, but models for some reason like it..

trotskyleon said:
However, if there is no tipping or chatting and the model still has a countdown, then I often chat and then encourage other members to tip (if I cant)

This is never a good idea (at least not if you're genuinely trying to help a model out). Pretty much the most annoying thing a member can do (from another member's perspective) is to ask other people to tip, when they're not tipping themselves. If I'm about to tip a model and some member blurts out something like "tip this gorgeous woman", I'll hold off tipping. Now that I'm typing this, it sounds incredibly petty in my head, but I don't want to give some dood who's sat there telling me to tip a model that he's not tipping himself the satisfaction of thinking his annoying behaviour is justified or that he's in any way, shape or form responsible for any tips that that model earns (that don't come out of his own pocket). I mean, I'll tip the model what I would have tipped her eventually, just not right away. Others might not tip at all after that, ya know?

And I dont get the whole thing over banning. Like there are so many models, that I don't care if I get banned

They're not doing it to punish you. They're doing it so that they can get on with their job without being put in a bad mood or upset by some troll. They also probably don't want the flow of the room to be disrupted or attention taken away from them/their show/their countdown/the conversation/whatever by someone who's just bored and looking for attention themselves.

But I went on spree where i randomly went to models rooms and insulted them

:thumbleft:

Miss_Lollipop said:
RogueWarrior said:
PlayboyMegan said:
What if a model asks the room to talk? Will you? If its REALLY dead, I'll straight out ask for a conversation. Sometimes I get one nice guy to say hello.

If the model asks the room to talk, maybe , maybe not.

Caveat for the following: I know some members abhor this, I am speaking only for myself.

If you were to acknowledge me by name, I would respond. Your initial engagement would set the tone for my response.A generic "Hey Rogue, how's it going?" is going to get a generic response.

On the other hand, and I will give a specific example of a first encounter with a model whose room I now frequent. After a couple of minutes in her room, surveying things, she says "Hello RogueWarrior. And what are we fighting for tonight?"

That lends itself to conversation.

But I'm just answering personally. Everyone is different.

See the problem with calling guys out by name is I have SHY members... and i don't always know who is shy and who isn't. Sometimes, when i say their names, they RUN.

Example: Guy drops 6000tks.
I scream!!!!! Then ask him a flurry of questions about what he wants for the tip and stuff he gets...
no response!

Im like
wtf.

5 mins later he pms me hes like "i get so nervous when i drop a big tip i hit tip and run out of the room! I heard you scream but I couldn't quite bring myself to come back!"

I thought it was the SWEETEST cutest thing ever lol.

Rogue give the lady a chance and say hello. If she doesn't engage back in a way you like then go quiet or go away.. but...

If you are a member reading this thread who tends not to like to talk for the reason that you feel you have no tokens, consider it THIS way:

TALKING can positively contribute to a models room. It's BETTER than rating and admiring shit on profiles. It's better than following on twitter and stuff. It helps us SELL our chat, and attract tippers. If ou CANT tip and want to HELP a model make the (FREE) effort to say hello and engage us in some conversation.

We really Really APPRECIATE it.

** there are rare exceptions where there are models that dont think you should be talking in thier (usually very quiet) rooms without tokens and will ban you. I would suggest checking profile first, but then I think those models are dumb cunts, and when they ban you (and all your future tips) they are kinda digging their own graves... .

If I'm in a model's room for the first time and I was only there for less than a minute, if she is calling me out to engage in conversation, I do tend to RUN! For the models I know well, I will respond when I'm ready (in a minute or two). There are many times where I just got home and haven't had time to think--I like to chill out for a minute or two before responding and enjoy just to hearing the model's voice. I do tend to get nervous when a member calls out my name before I'm ready.

trotskyleon said:
HarmlessSquirrel said:

Its a forum, arguments are fine :thumbleft:. Look if no one tips for 30 mins and no one chats, I think there is no harm in asking members to tip the model. Like I said I just dont go out there and say "Tip her guys". I use the emotes like "All tips are good" for e.g. I also do the rate and admire emote too. IF people are tipping I wont do it. Almost every time I do this, I have tipped before and sometimes I tip straight after.

And I dont this in all rooms. Only in ones where I know models dont mind me doing it. There is reason why they dont mind or encourage me to do it, its because members have tipped. Some members are reluctant to tip, because they think tipping a low amount of tokens makes them look cheap or something like that.

I also encourage others members chat or I purposively chat to certain members. I am talking about rooms where there is no pretty much no one chatting even though there are like 100 ppl in there.

Please tell me you are not one of those guys who thinks this actually helps the model in any way.

PlayboyMegan said:
What if a model asks the room to talk? Will you? If its REALLY dead, I'll straight out ask for a conversation. Sometimes I get one nice guy to say hello.
You know I do if I'm not in pain at time. :)

But seriously, I do try to add to the conversation. If I'm not responding to a question, I can be either lost in thought or in the middle of getting tokens (to surprise you of course).

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
It might be petty on my part, but what I have done in the past when you get the non tipping member constantly doing tip her emotes is to send send a tip and send the member a PM with the same tip her emote he likes to send. Or send them a PM with, your turn. :lol: The funny thing is, the vast majority have PMs open to all. Not surprising I guess since they are hoping the model they think they are helping will PM them. I considered saying something in public or with tip note showing but I think it is better to not cause a disruption to the models room.

When a non-tipper is telling other people to tip, I say "Well, why don't you get the tipping started, Bill?" LOL. Then, of course, he's like "Sorry, I can't tip you right now." Mmm-hmmm.....then STFU with telling other members what to do with their tokens (just because you're dying to see some chocolate booty).

A tough one because rooms are tailored to the models' personalities, and rooms are populated largely by guys who just want a free show. My experience has been that it doesn't take long to pick up on how a model runs her room and if I'll fit in, tokens or no tokens. Some have a pack of regulars who can be sort of intimidating to a newcomer whether it's intended or not. Hard to fit into that sometimes. And some groups are just downright welcoming. Some rooms it takes about 15 seconds to realize that your best course of action is to get the hell out of there! If a model engages me, I'm thrilled, and that almost always guarantees a tip. I don't even like browsing around without tokens, much as I wouldn't enjoy a trip to the store without money. Guess the bottom line for me is that the model and the people she attracts sort of set the tone for how I'll interact. But I do like to chat, so more times than not I'll give it a shot. Many models should take tips from ACF models, who run entertaining, welcoming rooms despite the steady stream of bullshit that bombards them. And the guys here -- for the most part, anyway -- probably are among the best behaved and most respectful on the other side of the camera.

definetly can understand if a non-tipper tells others to tip - the feeling that can generate.

but if noone is tipping or chatting for a while (20mins) then surely there is no harm? At least then the model can say that yummyfox said like "why dont you tip first?" often that starts up something.

trotskyleon said:
definetly can understand if a non-tipper tells others to tip - the feeling that can generate.

but if noone is tipping or chatting for a while (20mins) then surely there is no harm? At least then the model can say that yummyfox said like "why dont you tip first?" often that starts up something.

I disagree. Keeping a positive atmosphere is ALWAYS the best approach. Forcing a model to lay the smack down on you by asking others to tip could actually just make the model seem more intimidating to new and shy members.

Don't get me wrong here, all of us models are guilty of getting a little snippy sometimes but as a member, you should avoid doing things that you KNOW make people feel uncomfortable or less likely to tip. As a long time model and member, I can guarantee that nobody wins when a non-tipping member asks others to tip. It is my opinion that the ONLY way for a member to ask others to tip without being pushy is to requests others assist that member in a yellow wall that he of course, initiates with tips.

In the end, you are only hurting that model in the long run and if it's really been 20 minutes with zero talking or tipping, she is better off just taking a break.

Okay okay, I'm done. Sorry. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Attachments

• butthurtdweller.jpeg
    butthurtdweller.jpeg
    39.1 KB · Views: 183
  • butthurtdweller2.jpg
    butthurtdweller2.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 183
trotskyleon said:

Well I say to the guy "Why don't you get it started?," AND I tell him to stop telling other people what to do with their tokens. I actually JUST said this to a guy in my room minutes ago. It's so tacky when guys do this, and when they do it, I'm like waiting for them to say more dumb shit so I can ban them.

And I'm getting annoyed with repeating myself in this thread. I think we're all wasting our time responding to trot's posts. He either just DOES NOT GET IT, or he's just looking for attention.

Lately:
I don't have a pack of regulars and never any more than 15 people in my room at once. In general, the premiums don't say anything in the room, they just PM me. I really don't want to turn my PMs off because that's generally how I get Skypes (the only thing keeping me afloat on MFC). I let basics and guests tip because it keeps the room moving. I wonder if it would be a major put-off to a premium member if I asked him to chat in my room with me instead of the PMs. What would you do if you PMed a model who had a silent room and she asked you to move the conversation to chat instead? Is that offensive? I'm totally curious.

I am really grasping here! Singing karaoke into a dildo mic is only entertaining for so long...

Reactions: MemberEd
AmeliaArcana said:
Lately:
What would you do if you PMed a model who had a silent room and she asked you to move the conversation to chat instead? Is that offensive? I'm totally curious.
It would depend what the conversation was about. There are some things i wouldn't want to say in public chat. I visit a few friends rooms where i chat in both public and pm. I chat in public because i do realise that it helps to create a good atmosphere in the room and hopefully help to bring up the room count but where it's a model I've built up some sort of a relationship with there are some discussions I'd rather keep to pm. I can understand though that in rooms with a large number of people that's not always practical.

trotskyleon said:

The harm is it can drive tippers out of the room. Let the model run her room. She is the reason we are in the room, not to be coached by other members. When you feel a model should be getting more tips...lead by example.

AmeliaArcana said:
Lately:
I don't have a pack of regulars and never any more than 15 people in my room at once. In general, the premiums don't say anything in the room, they just PM me. I really don't want to turn my PMs off because that's generally how I get Skypes (the only thing keeping me afloat on MFC). I let basics and guests tip because it keeps the room moving. I wonder if it would be a major put-off to a premium member if I asked him to chat in my room with me instead of the PMs. What would you do if you PMed a model who had a silent room and she asked you to move the conversation to chat instead? Is that offensive? I'm totally curious.

I am really grasping here! Singing karaoke into a dildo mic is only entertaining for so long...

I try to keep my auto-reply turned on to minimize unnecessary pm's. Something like, "Public chat has priority over pm! Unless it's private, keep chat in public! :h:"
And I always remind the really bad offenders politely.

Sources; My regs are the gold medalists of pm abusers :p I mean common, even in the middle of a show? LOL, I'm kinda busy! :lol:

I usually try to keep PM's to minimum. Of course, if I'm interested in a private show or something from a model, I'm not going to discuss it in public chat.
I also use it to send an offline message on a fairly regular basis.
And, of course, there are some models who will only have a conversation via pm. :lol:

AmeliaArcana said:
Lately:
. What would you do if you PMed a model who had a silent room and she asked you to move the conversation to chat instead? Is that offensive? I'm totally curious. .

personally, I don't understand the guys that automatically go to PM instead of chat for everyday "hi, HRU" stuff. If they are so needy that they need to feel they have you all to themselves, then they should get some tokies and go Pvt with you. I will enter and sit a minute or 2 to gauge the room, but then I will attempt chat participation. A lot of this depends on the model and if there is any response. BTW, I guess I'm one of the few that doesn't mind when a model says hi or calls me by name.

MemberEd said:
trotskyleon said:

The harm is it can drive tippers out of the room. Let the model run her room. She is the reason we are in the room, not to be coached by other members. When you feel a model should be getting more tips...lead by example.

^^^^ This... I don't respond well to any non-tipping 'room coaches'. I leave if they are persistent. Most of the time I can say I've been on MFC considerably longer than the 'white knight' or 'room coach' anyway and know how things should work better than they. :twocents-02cents:

Status
Not open for further replies.