AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Instagram users your pictures now can be sold...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clarify... the changes in policy are scheduled to take effect in mid January. The 16th comes to mind but I am too lazy to rescan the articles to find that info right now.

They can have the two photos I already have there so I won't bother deleting my account but I'm switching to Snapseed. It doesn't have quite as many filters but I honestly felt like half of Instagram's were redundant plus I don't want to belong to a yet another social network... even a photo-centric one.

I just deleted Instagram
I didn't use it much anyway

is there anything else owned by facebook that I can get rid of?

Crumb said:
I just deleted Instagram
I didn't use it much anyway

is there anything else owned by facebook that I can get rid of?

the soul of most highschool students.

feel free to get rid of that please.

So what happens if you don't own the right to a picture posted on instagram? Or is this part of their clause already?

I mean, upload someone else's photo and then find that their photo is being used without their permission to advertise? Or is this already covered by "you can only upload photos you own".

It sounds dodgy. I doubt it'd really affect more than a handful in all honesty, but ... sounds like a PR disaster in the making to be honest.

Reactions: LadyLuna
it'd be cool to see a cohesive action by all camgirls and other 'adult workers' dumping instagram en masse.

If people knew the MASS uses of facebook, they would NEVER use it. Here are some to name a few:

Marketing and Advertisements = They dont have to pester ppl with surveys anymore, or mail you 1$ for a mail in survey
Law Enforcement = DUH have you seen some postings? I mean really now, you might as well just walk your ass right in to the police dept. yourself.
The Scientific/technological advantages of Facebook (to ppl that it benefits, not you the user) are off the charts!
Pretty much ANYTHING that can be analyzed= Social, Monetary, Habitual, Religious, Non-religoius ie: eating habits, health habits, spending habits (We all know when so and so bought that new item, bc that the fisrt pic she posts) Good habits, Bad habits. Watching habits(shows, movies etc)
Ever wonder how yahoo came up with an article that reads something like this " 50% of ppl hate their current job" If you "like" yahoo on facebook, THEY READ YOUR POSTS.
Facebook is the most intrusive interactive site ever.

And guess what .......we all gave it to them for FREE. If anything, They owe "The People" a shit load of money lol

I am a HAPPY Non Facebook user, and look Im still here lol

Facebook says they are going to start using auto playing video ads next year in both the browser and mobile version of their site. That may finally show people how evil they really are.

Shaun__ said:
Facebook says they are going to start using auto playing video ads next year in both the browser and mobile version of their site. That may finally show people how evil they really are.

Facebook really burns my ass lol, I actually was just now trying to remember how in fact I stumbled upon facebook, and I remembered it was a friend of mine who worked in the telecommunications market..........That should tell you enough.

Facebook is pretty much a social research/statistic tool, thats how they make so much money and are able to offer it for free.
But the thing about them owning images uploaded isnt really new, it makes sense that it would carry over when they bought instagram.

Instagram noticed they were about to lose all their users it seems.

Yesterday we introduced a new version of our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service that will take effect in thirty days. These two documents help communicate as clearly as possible our relationship with the users of Instagram so you understand how your data will be used, and the rules that govern the thriving and active Instagram community. Since making these changes, we’ve heard loud and clear that many users are confused and upset about what the changes mean.

I’m writing this today to let you know we’re listening and to commit to you that we will be doing more to answer your questions, fix any mistakes, and eliminate the confusion. As we review your feedback and stories in the press, we’re going to modify specific parts of the terms to make it more clear what will happen with your photos.

Legal documents are easy to misinterpret. So I’d like to address specific concerns we’ve heard from everyone:

Advertising on Instagram From the start, Instagram was created to become a business. Advertising is one of many ways that Instagram can become a self-sustaining business, but not the only one. Our intention in updating the terms was to communicate that we’d like to experiment with innovative advertising that feels appropriate on Instagram. Instead it was interpreted by many that we were going to sell your photos to others without any compensation. This is not true and it is our mistake that this language is confusing. To be clear: it is not our intention to sell your photos. We are working on updated language in the terms to make sure this is clear.

To provide context, we envision a future where both users and brands alike may promote their photos & accounts to increase engagement and to build a more meaningful following. Let’s say a business wanted to promote their account to gain more followers and Instagram was able to feature them in some way. In order to help make a more relevant and useful promotion, it would be helpful to see which of the people you follow also follow this business. In this way, some of the data you produce — like the actions you take (eg, following the account) and your profile photo — might show up if you are following this business.

The language we proposed also raised question about whether your photos can be part of an advertisement. We do not have plans for anything like this and because of that we’re going to remove the language that raised the question. Our main goal is to avoid things likes advertising banners you see in other apps that would hurt the Instagram user experience. Instead, we want to create meaningful ways to help you discover new and interesting accounts and content while building a self-sustaining business at the same time.

Ownership Rights Instagram users own their content and Instagram does not claim any ownership rights over your photos. Nothing about this has changed. We respect that there are creative artists and hobbyists alike that pour their heart into creating beautiful photos, and we respect that your photos are your photos. Period.

I always want you to feel comfortable sharing your photos on Instagram and we will always work hard to foster and respect our community and go out of our way to support its rights.

Privacy Settings Nothing has changed about the control you have over who can see your photos. If you set your photos to private, Instagram only shares your photos with the people you’ve approved to follow you. We hope that this simple control makes it easy for everyone to decide what level of privacy makes sense.

I am grateful to everyone for their feedback and that we have a community that cares so much. We need to be clear about changes we make — this is our responsibility to you. One of the main reasons these documents don’t take effect immediately, but instead 30 days from now, is that we wanted to make sure you had an opportunity to raise any concerns. You’ve done that and are doing that, and that will help us provide the clarity you deserve. Thank you for your help in making sure that Instagram continues to thrive and be a community that we’re all proud of. Please stay tuned for updates coming soon.

Sincerely,

Kevin Systrom co-founder, Instagram

Reactions: LadyLuna
Shaun__ said:
Self playing ads are pretty fucking evil.

It's always exciting to go to a news website to watch a broadcast and have to hunt down and stop or mute 7 self-starting video ads before you can watch the news.

Reactions: LadyLuna and 16_bit
If facebook wasn't the only way a few of my older and younger relatives communicated, then I wouldn't have it and it would be gone in a heartbeat. Thank gosh I think instagram looks like crappity crap crap, so I don't have to ever worry about making an account with them. I wouldn't touch their filters with a 10 foot pole, I think they look awful.

Instagram says no plans to put user photos in ads

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/ ... vrit=59213

"To be clear: it is not our intention to sell your photos. We are working on updated language in the terms to make sure this is clear."

But Systrom said Instagram may display users' profile pictures and information about who they follow as part of an ad - a social marketing technique similar to what Facebook uses in its "sponsored stories" ad product.

So apparently, they are not going to sell or use your photos, just your profile photo and information.

No need to panic, I guess!

I'm not very concerned about them wanting to use my photos in advertisements... that's a pretty normal thing for most sites to be doing these days. Probably they'd just want to use them in the context of one of their sponsors accounts showing images that included their company as one of the tags. Since it's a free service, I don't think that's a big deal.

What I haven't really seen mentioned nearly is much (and definitely not mentioned in Instagram's lengthy response above) is that they will now be sharing data with Facebook. That makes sense, since they're now owned by Facebook, but I was already not okay with Facebook's use of my data and their means of tracking me, so I am now no longer alright with Instagram. Therefore I've deleted my account. I'm pretty sure they're quite pleased with the way that advertising clause has caused the other issues to get more or less overlooked...

Reactions: LadyLuna and Evvie
Since I first read about Facebook collecting information from users, I've been waiting to see if they use anything from me.
I use it for dick jokes, fart jokes, masturbation stories, stories about embarrassing the wife, shit jokes, more fart jokes, necrophilia jokes, keeping up with friends, and blog posting. So if Facebook really wants to use that info, they're more than welcome.
I'm actually considering joining Instagram now to post pictures of my ass in various places around town. I had a thought to put a for sale sign near it, but thought that might send the wrong message.

Status
Not open for further replies.