AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I built a better search and filter tool for Chaturbate

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Which feature(s) did you like the most?

• Infinite scroll of rooms.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Real-time preview.

• Change grid size.

• Watch up to 4 rooms simultaneously in full screen (SidebySide).

• Import your following list from Chaturbate and view them all on the site.

• Sort rooms by most or least views, age, or online time.

• Region blocking bypass.

• Total voters
Jul 20, 2024
chaturbetter.com
Twitter Username
@chaturbetter
Tumblr Username
chaturbetter
We all know that Chaturbate filters are bad and ugly.
That's why I created my own, but I hope not to be just another in the crowd of topics with versions that disappear quickly.

The site is already available, and I've tried to create a more beautiful, clean, and adaptable interface.
I've already implemented several new features and listed each of them in the poll. If you've used the platform and liked or disliked it, I'd like to hear your opinion—I'm looking for more direct feedback from users.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally would never use your site to access anything on Chaturbate.

Be real here and admit that it is just a white label affiliate site and not any kind of better filter/tool. For me personally CB is easier too filter/search than what you have.
I try to search for couples cams and all I get is 179 results of solo female cams. Click on the

Every single link goes through "auth.chaturbetter.com" (except the links for support) even photo sets/videos for purchase go through your "link"

I would not trust that site at all with any personal info

Be real here and admit that it is just a white label affiliate site and not any kind of better filter/tool. For me personally CB is easier too filter/search than what you have.
I try to search for couples cams and all I get is 179 results of solo female cams. Click on the

Every single link goes through "auth.chaturbetter.com" (except the links for support) even photo sets/videos for purchase go through your "link"

I had this exact same reaction.

It's a white label guys. Like jerkmate is a whitelabel for streamate.

It's insane to me they allow a whitelabel to link to the new recurbate when they took down the old one...
They dont check things until they get reported, but that is against the TOS so I would expect OP to lose his affiliate account pretty quick if it got reported.

They dont check things until they get reported, but that is against the TOS so I would expect OP to lose his affiliate account pretty quick if it got reported.
well good thing this shed some light on the site so it was easy to report ;P

• Funny!
Reactions: KingMarti
well good thing this shed some light on the site so it was easy to report ;P
Feel like it would make a good youtube series "When marketing backfires" 😂

We all know that Chaturbate filters are bad and ugly.
Yeah your filters don't offer much else though. We already have filtering by age, tags, region, gender. Filtering by new and time online I guess is kind of useful but not that much.

and I've tried to create a more beautiful, clean, and adaptable interface.
I don't think it's as bad as people are saying. You have basically just used bare bones Bootstrap though so I don't think you can say it's a particularly amazing interface. I use Bootstrap for my development projects because it's easy to use but I know it doesn't give a professional or clean look.

I don't get why peeps here are saying the issue is it's just a bare bones affiliate site. CBExplorer and CBHours are primarily affiliate sites when it comes down to it and they both get endorsed just about everywhere. I know the owners of these sites have a much stronger standing in the community though.
I think the issue is you don't offer enough yet. You can search by the number of hours a streamer has streamed for on CBHours, infact that's the main focus of the site. CBExplorer offers more features as well for tag searching and has some additional tools that benefit Cam Performers a lot.

Also if you're linking to illegal recordings of Cam performers you can fuck right off 🩷

I don't get why peeps here are saying the issue is it's just a bare bones affiliate site. CBExplorer and CBHours are primarily affiliate sites when it comes down to it and they both get endorsed just about everywhere.🩷
There's a pretty big difference between those two sites and this one, the issue isnt that its just a white label site, the issue is that it actively promotes viewing and sharing pirated content and from what is said above in the original post bypasses privacy settings that the models set. CBHours and CBExplorer dont get push back because they dont actively work against models best interests.

Missing privacy policy
Ok so as an absolute minimum you should include a privacy policy. Which you haven't. I signed up with an anonymous account and there is also no way to delete my account. This is a massive breach of GDPR and makes me wonder if you have absolutely any idea what you are doing. You should also ideally have a 2257 included.

If an illegal video hosting site has a privacy policy, Terms and Conditions and 2257 and you don't you know you've fucked up.
Both of these violations could lead to some serious fines so i'd recommend you take down the site now.

There's a pretty big difference between those two sites and this one, the issue isnt that its just a white label site, the issue is that it actively promotes viewing and sharing pirated content and from what is said above in the original post bypasses privacy settings that the models set. CBHours and CBExplorer dont get push back because they dont actively work against models best interests.
That is true actually. They also have a privacy policy like holy shit this site is bad.

"I try to search for couples cams and all I get is 179 results of solo female cams."
Searches are indeed limited to 300 results. I'm currently working on a way to dynamically fetch more results. However, if you don't want to search by a specific tag and just want to look for couples, simply uncheck 'WOMEN,' 'MEN,' and 'TRANS,' and infinite scrolling will only fetch 'COUPLES.' Just keep scrolling down the page, and new searches will be exclusively for couples.

"Every single link goes through 'auth.chaturbetter.com' (except the links for support) even photo sets/videos for purchase go through your 'link'"
You're right, the site auth.chaturbetter.com is a white label, but chaturbetter.com isn't.
Every site requires hosting, and I need to pay the bills.
So far, I haven't made a single cent from the site and spend around $50 per month to keep it running.

"I would not trust that site at all with any personal info"
If you log in to auth.chaturbetter.com, I don't have access. Just perform a DNS lookup on any site, and you'll see that 'auth.chaturbetter.com' points to 'cname.whitelabel.chaturbate.com.'"

Thank you for the feedback. I came here to hear criticisms to improve the site. If I wanted compliments, I would have sent a message to some random illegal site full of suckers.

It looks very unreliable and dodgy, something about it just screams that this is where credit card & identity theft happens, right here by the virus installation section.
"chaturbetter.com" is just a site that redirects to a Chaturbate whitelabel at "auth.chaturbetter.com". You don't pay anything to me, and I don't have access to any of your information within "auth.chaturbetter.com".
As I explained to @darthro, you can perform a DNS lookup on any site and see that it points to "cname.whitelabel.chaturbate.com". In fact, if you use any whitelabel site, I recommend checking this before logging in.

This could be developed with the best intentions, but my gut reaction is "here is a site that harvests CB account login info".

Seq.
"chaturbetter.com" is just a site that redirects to a Chaturbate whitelabel at "auth.chaturbetter.com". You don't pay anything to me, and I don't have access to any of your information within "auth.chaturbetter.com".
As I explained to @CallMeMaria, you can perform a DNS lookup on any site and see that it points to "cname.whitelabel.chaturbate.com". In fact, if you use any whitelabel site, I recommend checking this before logging in.

What about this part?:
Yeap... there's direct linkts to the new recurbate on the site also.. this is clearly shit and should not be used..
It's insane to me they allow a whitelabel to link to the new recurbate when they took down the old one...
I want to play fair and I appreciate all the feedback.
I've already removed from the site any link that redirects to any VOD site, and I've also removed it from the site's description. I've requested Google to reindex to remove this from the description as quickly as possible.
I don't want to shift blame, but it's such a common practice on other sites I used as references that I included it without much thought. There's even a rumor that recurbate was owned by Chaturbate itself, but none of that matters. I apologize and have already removed it from the site.

ETA: Also ignore region block seems shitty to me
I have to admit that this wasn't a feature I initially thought of; it was more of an additional step I needed to program, and out of laziness, I called it a feature. I am currently implementing this into the code and will update the website as soon as possible. However, regardless of the result appearing on chaturbetter.com, when you click on the cam, the site redirects you to the whitelabel, and there it's Chaturbate that handles it, so it will be blocked in the same way. The person won't be able to watch just like on Chaturbate. At the moment, it only appears in searches, but I will remove it.

Feel like it would make a good youtube series "When marketing backfires" 😂
Thank you for the feedback, @KingMarti,
My intention was to provide a better user experience and make it easier for them to find cams that are not in the feed. I shared it here not because I wanted to do marketing, but because I wanted community feedback. I could pay Google for marketing and get a much better result. Losing my affiliate link wouldn't change much, since Chaturbate has never paid me anything. I maintain the site with my own money, and it's expensive—about $50 per month for hosting, 10$ domain, 12$ email, not to mention the time I spent programming.

I'm not criticizing you, just trying to say that I've put and continue to put a lot of effort into this because the biggest user of my site is me. I did it for my own use, and it grew so much that I ended up turning it into a website. It started as just a code I used as a browser extension.

This is the first website I've created, so I'm adjusting the TOS and other issues. Regarding VODs and Region Block, I explained in another comment where I tagged you that I have already removed them from the site.

Before, Chaturbate didn't have any of the filters it has today, which is already much better, but there are still many features missing to find what you're looking for.

Yeah your filters don't offer much else though. We already have filtering by age, tags, region, gender. Filtering by new and time online I guess is kind of useful but not that much.
You're right, with Chaturbate's new filter menu, my menu isn't very different. When I created the site, these filters didn't exist. However, on my site, you can filter by the live title and not just by tags, and it's also possible to filter for only new rooms in a specific tag, which Chaturbate doesn't allow.

I don't think it's as bad as people are saying. You have basically just used bare bones Bootstrap though so I don't think you can say it's a particularly amazing interface. I use Bootstrap for my development projects because it's easy to use but I know it doesn't give a professional or clean look.
This is the first website I've created, so I used Bootstrap to make it easier, but I agree it's nothing special. However, I think it looks nicer than Chaturbate, which was made by a company that makes millions and has the same interface from a decade ago.

You can search by the number of hours a streamer has streamed for on CBHours, infact that's the main focus of the site. CBExplorer offers more features as well for tag searching and has some additional tools that benefit Cam Performers a lot.
Interesting, I didn't know about these sites. I'll study them and see what I can implement. Thanks for the feedback.

I think the issue is you don't offer enough yet.

I know I've done little, but what I did took over 1 year to accomplish. I agree that filters are no longer a unique feature with the Chaturbate update, but the main features that led me to create the site are:

1. Infinite scroll: Paging through is tedious and time-consuming. If the site can load pages automatically, why not do it?
2. Real-time preview: How often has a model lost a viewer because the user scrolled past and her room appeared in a frame that wasn't on the screen? Thirty seconds to update is an eternity; by then, I've already moved on. I implemented auto-refresh every 1 second on the site and provided an option for users to turn it off.
3. Change grid size: My vision is poor, why are the camera views so small in the menu? I added an option for users to change the grid to as many columns per camera as they want, saved in cache so they don't have to change it every time they visit. Additionally, they can adjust the grid size for each screen size. If you have 2, 3, 4 monitors, each can have a different grid size, just drag the slider. Each resolution type is saved in cache to avoid reconfiguration.
4. Watch up to 4 rooms simultaneously: If watching 1 room is good, why not watch 4 at once? How often have I waited for a ticket show that some models only do at the end of their live, and missed it because I was doing something else with the sound low in the background? Now you can watch 4 cams simultaneously on the second monitor and see, for example, when the model returns, etc.Blacklist a room: If you've used the platform, you know models sometimes engage in scamming practices. I just don't want to see these models anymore, why can't I block them? On my site, you just click the X and they'll never appear again. If you click by mistake, there's a button to view the blacklist and another click removes them from it.
5. Sorting methods: The new Chaturbate filter doesn't offer any way to sort the results that appear.

Apart from what I've mentioned, I agree that the rest doesn't differ from Chaturbate, it's just personal preference.
Also if you're linking to illegal recordings of Cam performers you can fuck right off 🩷
I have already removed it from the website, I apologize for that. I provided a more detailed explanation in the other comment if you're interested.
Missing privacy policy
Ok so as an absolute minimum you should include a privacy policy. Which you haven't. I signed up with an anonymous account and there is also no way to delete my account. This is a massive breach of GDPR and makes me wonder if you have absolutely any idea what you are doing. You should also ideally have a 2257 included.
The website is not hosted in Europe, but I'm already working on implementing that. I didn't want to just grab a ready-made template from the internet and throw it up there. I wanted to consult a lawyer for this, but it's going to cost me a lot. If anyone wants to delete their data, just send an email to support@chaturbetter.com and I will delete it. Not that I store much; only the login, password, and the names of the rooms you've put on the blacklist are being saved. Everything else is stored in the browser's local storage.

I really appreciate your feedback; so far, you've been the person who has helped me the most. From your comments, I could tell that you really visited the website and looked closely at it. I'll make the adjustments you suggested. This is the first website I'm creating, and I'm learning a lot of new things from it.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for dedicating your time to this.

Both of these violations could lead to some serious fines so i'd recommend you take down the site now.
Just a fun fact, I wanted to delete 'Region blocking' from the poll since I've removed it from the site, but it seems this site also doesn't comply with GDPR.
Admin, feel free not to validate the comment, but please remove it from the poll.

I could pay Google for marketing
No, you cant. Google does not allow adult content to be promoted through their ads.

ETA:

You post a link to your site, mention your site, basically do anything that makes people aware that your site / product / service is a thing, that is marketing. Marketing is not a bad thing, just wanted to clear up that your post was 100% marketing. Same as the post I made in the "what are you currently playing" thread about a game I just released. The point of the post is to make people aware of the things existence... so marketing. Even me mentioning that in this post is marketing for it.

Last edited:
I have to admit that this wasn't a feature I initially thought of; it was more of an additional step I needed to program, and out of laziness, I called it a feature. I am currently implementing this into the code and will update the website as soon as possible. However, regardless of the result appearing on chaturbetter.com, when you click on the cam, the site redirects you to the whitelabel, and there it's Chaturbate that handles it, so it will be blocked in the same way. The person won't be able to watch just like on Chaturbate. At the moment, it only appears in searches, but I will remove it.
If a model is blocking certain geographic locations for safety reasons, even having them appear in some sort of listing is extremely problematic.

The website is not hosted in Europe, but I'm already working on implementing that.
That's not how this works. If you accept users from Europe (myself being one) you need to follow GDPR guidelines. Similarly some countries and states have privacy guidelines and requires you absolutely must follow or block from joining the site. One such is California which has the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).

Interesting, I didn't know about these sites. I'll study them and see what I can implement#
I'm a bit confused how you haven't found them tbh. A simple google search of "Chaturbate Search" returns these sites on the front page. Maybe it's a region specific thing.

I didn't want to just grab a ready-made template from the internet and throw it up there. I wanted to consult a lawyer for this, but it's going to cost me a lot. If anyone wants to delete their data, just send an email to support@chaturbetter.com and I will delete it. Not that I store much; only the login, password, and the names of the rooms you've put on the blacklist are being saved. Everything else is stored in the browser's local storage
So you think privacy is something to be done after the fact and after you accept someones password & email.
By the way if you don't explain how the passwords are stored or why an email is required you break GDPR which you are doing. A basic template would have been better than what you have. if you wanted to open it to testers you could have messaged them explaining that you don't have a valid privacy policy yet but you haven't you've made the site public.

Oh and because i'm working on a lewd web game I also happen to known recently GDPR classified sexual preferences as sensitive information. If this information is tied to a persons email which can include identifiers such as the name of an individual you can get in a lot of trouble.

This boils down to the fact that you don't seem to understand GDPR at all or that you even needed to implement it. This is something you need to consistently be thinking about all the time.

Is this a scam site?
It's very unlikely. I can see the site uses email verification with Firebase. Having used the tool myself I know it's very secure. The issue I have is I don't know how you're handling my information at the moment or what you're going to do with it. If I had linked my profile on Chaturbate you could have stolen just about anything from the types of cams I watch, to how much I watch them, sold my info to 3rd parties etc...

The security of a site is also only as secure as the login credentials of the owner. If you haven't setup 2FA for your google account for example i'd be very hesitant to join knowing you're using Firebase.

I didn't want to just grab a ready-made template from the internet and throw it up there. I wanted to consult a lawyer for this, but it's going to cost me a lot. If anyone wants to delete their data, just send an email to support@chaturbetter.com and I will delete it. Not that I store much; only the login, password, and the names of the rooms you've put on the blacklist are being saved. Everything else is stored in the browser's local storage.
Privacy policy templates are fine as long as you actually read it and modify it to fit what you are doing.
You store way more information than just login and password, it's not about just the information your site collects, its also about the information the server is collecting, like the ip addresses, browser info, operating system info, mac addresses etc.

I should note as well. It is not absolutely essential you get a lawyer for a privacy notice. It's helpful but if you're struggling you can do it yourself. The requirement though is you put a decent amount of time into understanding GDPR, CCPA etc... guidelines.

GDPR is strict and it's strict for a reason. Because you're handling sensitive information such as which Cams a user has blocked which could indicate sexual preferences you really should be doing a full audit of your procedures for handling this information, have a way for users to request their information & delete their information promptly.
You don't need to be a lawyer to understand these necessarily but you need to put in some effort to trying to understand how these procedures work and what you can do. One such example i've used for my web game is the separation of sensitive information from regular information, anonymization or encryption of this info and seperate security rules for different collections.

If you have a firestore / authentication rules file btw I can check if your rules are sufficient since by default Firebase allows just about anyone to access and download information.