AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to Make a Dry Erase Board on the Cheap!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beckylesabre

Inactive Cam Model
Nov 7, 2012
Florida
beckylesabre.net
How to Make a Dry Erase Board on the Cheap!

D27t8wq.jpg

Don't want to pay those outrageous prices for a beautiful whiteboard of your own? Popular webcam games utilize a dry erase board... keeping your customers entertained, while you watch your tips roll in! Besides, this giant 4′ x 8′ board would be a great interchangeable backdrop for any camgirl. Instead of spending $300 for a giant whiteboard or messing with inconsistent paint, here's the easiest and cheapest solution.

*If you clean the surface with a regular cleaner like Windex or 409 it will strip the surface, turning all your hard work into a permanent marker board instead. -Use diluted rubbing alcohol or vinegar instead.

Materials Needed
1: Thrifty White Panel Board (96 x 48 inches)
2: 6- Flat Head Screws
3: 6- Drywall Anchors
4: 2- 91 inches of Trim
5: 2- 41 1/2 inches of Trim
6: 4- Moulding Blocks (3 1/2 x 3 1/2)
7: Sticky Back Velcro Squares

WOEfBIH.jpg

Step by Step
1. Pre Drill the holes into the Panel about 2 inches from sides. 3 holes on the top and 3 along the bottom of the Panel Board. I used sandpaper to get rid of any uneven surfaces.
2. Have someone securely hold the panel in place while you mark the wall through the pre drilled panel holes with pencil.
3. Use a fairly large nail to hammer holes into the pencil marks. Hammer the drywall anchors into the holes you’ve made from the pencil marks.
4. Align the panel with the anchors and attach the panel with your flat head screws.
5. Attach your velcro squares to the moulding then attach the pre cut trim directly to panel to cover the screws. (Make sure you don’t velcro your screws) I attached my Moulding blocks first.

ADDITIONAL OPTIONS:
• Paint the moulding (use glossy or semi-gloss) to get a picture frame look
• Cut the panel into different sizes to fit your needs. 2- 3×4 pieces and the leftover size is 2×4 ft. The great thing about this option is once it is cut, you don’t have to worry about it fitting into your vehicle.
• A tube of panel adhesive to glue your panel directly to the wall or a piece of plywood to make it portable and lean against the space where you webcam.

Thrifty White 32 sq. ft. Hardboard Panel Board
Most local lumber stores like Home Depot will have this panel under 14 bucks. (Some call it a "shower board" or "tile board" - Melamine board) According to Wikipedia, Melamine is the original whiteboard material.

rdwt81R.jpg

Use this panel board as the base. I attached mine directly to the wall with three screws along both the top and bottom. (one in each of the four corners and then the third in the middle) I placed them about two inches down to ensure the weight of the board sitting on the wall would not tear the panel. I pre drilled the holes into the panel so that I could pencil off were to put my drywall anchors then attached the panel to the wall. Use a fairly large nail to hammer holes into the pencil marks on the wall. Do not hammer the nail all the way into the wall. Once the nail is about half-way into the wall remove it. Now hammer the drywall anchors into the holes. I posted this process on #Vine https://vine.co/v/ODxT0uXVv93

VeHtYOt.jpg

Moulding or Trim comes any many varieties to fit your style and budget. I chose a simple primed (painted white) moulding from home depot... I had one of the many friendly employees cut the moulding for me in store, so I didn’t have to do it at home. 2x 91" and 2x 42" 1/2 Attach your velcro squares to the moulding then attach the pre cut trim directly to panel to cover the screws. (Make sure you don’t velcro your screws) I attached my Moulding blocks first, then attached my trim.

ZR8qSm3.jpg

I chose velcro for the project for many reasons. Easy to move if you are renting a home you can easily take this white board with you... if you want to remove the trim and paint them different colors velcro makes this an easy option. Also, this keeps you from trying to line up your frame exactly.. you can pull the trim off and reposition easily etc.

Attachments

• Picture 710.jpg
    Picture 710.jpg
    532.3 KB · Views: 221
Considering the whiteboard I have wishlisted on amazon is like 70$, this is relevant to my interests. Thanks OP!

I was actually contemplating experimenting with plexiglass and LEDs to make one of those "light up" boards too, since I think they look loads cooler than your ordinary whiteboard.

Reactions: beckylesabre
My housemate is a bit of a mad scientist inventor. He covered all the dining room walls with these panels and uses them to diagram ideas. We just use an old scrap of cloth to erase stuff on there, but marker that's been sitting for several weeks/months can be a bit stubborn. We've had no issue using Windex on them, and they're still going strong 5 years later.

I will say, make sure you double check your panels before you buy them. There's a section of one of the boards that has never erased properly. If you run your hand along it it feels less smooth. So grope your panels first! :)

AerynShade said:
I will say, make sure you double check your panels before you buy them. There's a section of one of the boards that has never erased properly. If you run your hand along it it feels less smooth. So grope your panels first! :)

Ladies I will totally agree with this suggestion from my experience so far this is great advice!

Reactions: ACFFAN69
As an alternative: I made a "whiteboard" by buying a large picture frame (including picture) from a thrift store for $8.00.
I opened the backing, and turned the picture backwards, so that the blank side would show. Since dry-erase markers will wipe off of glass, I now have a whiteboard in a pretty frame, and the whole operation took about 5 minutes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.