AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to deal with malicious CB apps?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Sep 2, 2024
This is a question I hope that @punker barbie can help with, please.

I have clear proof that there is malicious functionality contained in one or more CB apps. I know the username of an alt account used by the developer to execute said functionality and a list of the apps running in a room where this functionality was executed. Using the list of apps I can narrow down who the developer actually is.

My question is: even with clear proof of malicious behaviour by apps, how can one get CB to take it seriously enough to take action, i.e., to remove the apps and ban the developer?

Thank you!

I hope not. My all-in-one-app, Synergy, can not function in the v2 API. After 5 years of almost constant updates, I'd be rather upset to see them cut the v1 apps "just because."

Cheers,
Cexmental

• Helpful!
Reactions: Rytar
Upvote 0
I hope not. My all-in-one-app, Synergy, can not function in the v2 API. After 5 years of almost constant updates, I'd be rather upset to see them cut the v1 apps "just because."

Cheers,
Cexmental
I've suspected for a while that they might choose to sunset V1 apps, though that will likely create a lot of chaos. The V2 app submission guidelines send the message that they know that V1 apps are not safe and have been used in multiple malicious ways that they have actively suppressed in the V2 framework.

Upvote 0
I've suspected for a while that they might choose to sunset V1 apps, though that will likely create a lot of chaos. The V2 app submission guidelines send the message that they know that V1 apps are not safe and have been used in multiple malicious ways that they have actively suppressed in the V2 framework.

Another difference in v2 is that many v1 apps' code are obfuscated, functional but unreadable. This is in violation of v2 App Guidelines:

"code should not be obfuscated. If your app's code is obfuscated, it may be delisted. You can find the App guidelines on the Introduction page in the Developer Portal documentation."

So v2 apps, developed in the new IDE, are readable to CB staff, making it more difficult to hide malicious features.

Some decades ago I thought COBOL would take me to retirement. Not so :) We always have to upgrade our skillset and not become too attached to our tools.

Upvote 0
Screen Shot 2024-09-17 at 6.31.40 PM.png

This is a conversation from just a few minutes ago with i0_ol, the author of The Menu, admitting to his app having backdoor commands. Feel free to pass this on to anyone you want. I will be submitting a ticket to CB Support now.

Reactions: vivo
Upvote 0