AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How much is Twitter helping you?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loslonelyboy said:
LacieLaPlante said:
If you don't tweet the right things, I am not sure twitter will help you.

I am not trying to get all deep and philosophical or anything, but what exactly do you mean about tweeting the "right" things? Just curious! :think:

Camming-related, the "right" things, in my opinion, would be tweets letting people know you're on cam, and letting them know about your current contests and special promotions, and new videos you have for sale.

And I think it's cool to tweet about a variety of things...not just camming. That way, your followers kinda get to know the real you, and they won't assume that you're JUST about money, money, money. Funny tweets that show people you have a good sense of humor are a very good idea too. Maybe this is what Lacie was referring to...I'm not sure?

If you only use Twitter to post your daily horoscope, but you never post tweets about when you're getting on cam, I don't think it'd be beneficial for the model.

I was never interested in doing the Titty Tuesday (post a boobs photo) and Thong Thursday (post a thong photo) thing on Twitter, but I think some models have said it's gained them some new followers/room viewers, so I guess that was helpful for them.

Sarah Sparxxx said:
I don't think Twitter is helping me much at the moment. Currently I only have 3 followers lol. I have a link on my bio and tell the members they will get photos, updates, cam times, but so far they don't seem to follow.. ahrrrg! so frustrating lol
Try posting sexy pictures or working with sites that promote cam girls like Sexy Lady Show. :) If you offer incentives for a certain amount of followers that helps too.

Sarah Sparxxx said:
I don't think Twitter is helping me much at the moment. Currently I only have 3 followers lol. I have a link on my bio and tell the members they will get photos, updates, cam times, but so far they don't seem to follow.. ahrrrg! so frustrating lol
One of the keys to making twitter for for you is to follow people. You won't get a whole lot of followers if you don't go out and be proactive about following other people. Go search for other cam girls, other girls in the adult industry, look at who they are talking to, who their followers are, who she follows, and FOLLOW THEM... eventually your follower base will grow.

Once you have a few people to talk to via @ mentions, then talk to them! Real conversations though, not just a daily tweet "im getting on cam come tip me" or something like that. People don't like to follow bots, so don't act like one.

There's my few cents of help for now. I am a total Twitter Fangurl so hopefully I'll get some time to come back here and help anyone struggling on there.

AmberCutie said:
Sarah Sparxxx said:
One of the keys to making twitter for for you is to follow people. You won't get a whole lot of followers if you don't go out and be proactive about following other people. Go search for other cam girls, other girls in the adult industry, look at who they are talking to, who their followers are, who she follows, and FOLLOW THEM... eventually your follower base will grow.

Once you have a few people to talk to via @ mentions, then talk to them! Real conversations though, not just a daily tweet "im getting on cam come tip me" or something like that. People don't like to follow bots, so don't act like one.

There's my few cents of help for now. I am a total Twitter Fangurl so hopefully I'll get some time to come back here and help anyone struggling on there.

I definitely agree with this. I followed about 50-60 people last week and grew my (very modest) twitter following by about 200 by chatting with as many people as I could. I'll be doing this as often as possible to gain a decent following.

Sarah Sparxxx said:

You could always put a link to follow you on Twitter here in your signature! :thumbleft:

Reactions: Sarah Sparxxx
blackxrose said:
Sarah Sparxxx said:
Try posting sexy pictures or working with sites that promote cam girls like Sexy Lady Show. :) If you offer incentives for a certain amount of followers that helps too.
Thank you, :romance-heartsthree: everyone in the forums here are so sweet! oh my gosh I've been pulling my hair out just about lol. I was offering flashes per so many followers but only got one extra follower lol. I think the pictures is a great idea and maybe my followers will let the room know, I have two that are basics but they are always my white knights :-D they have actually been the ones to remind others to tip me and follow me, it's so sweet, they get the room talking too So thankful for them :romance-heartstiny:

Loslonelyboy said:
Sarah Sparxxx said:
Thanks so much to everyone! I definitely added the link to my signature, and followed as many of the models as I could, which is fun because now I get to interact with you all more since you are all so awesome!! Thank you so much for the help you are all so great!!

You could always put a link to follow you on Twitter here in your signature! :thumbleft:

Status
Not open for further replies.