AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How do I run two webcams at the same time? Possibly techie q

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 28, 2011
Hi everyone. My first question! I have had a quick search and didn't really find anyhing that related to my problem, hopefully someone can help.
I have two Logitech pro 9000's. Currentley only use one, switching between AW and MFC depending how I feel ;) , I would like to be able to cam on both sites at the same time, however, only one cam will work. They both work fine seperately. Is there something I'm missing? I tried it out with an old webcam a little while ago, this was also a logitec just a different model, it worked fine, both sites were picking up the cams individually. Is it the software? i.e JustCammit and MFC? If anyone has any ideas I would be really grateful, I just want to have double the fun and of course double the money! ;)

Thanks again
Missy

Re: How do I run two webcams at the same time? Possibly tech

its a program called splitcam.. google it, download it, install it, open it then click video, select logitech 9000
then on the websites at settings select the video source splitcam
good luck

You don't need 2 cams. http://www.webcammax.com/index.php (or manycam/other similar programs) will allow your cam to stream for multiple applications. You'll have to set your MFC/AW interface settings to use "webcammax" instead of "logitech 9000".

Missdemeanour said:
Hi everyone. My first question! I have had a quick search and didn't really find anyhing that related to my problem, hopefully someone can help.
I have two Logitech pro 9000's. Currentley only use one, switching between AW and MFC depending how I feel ;) , I would like to be able to cam on both sites at the same time, however, only one cam will work. They both work fine seperately. Is there something I'm missing? I tried it out with an old webcam a little while ago, this was also a logitec just a different model, it worked fine, both sites were picking up the cams individually. Is it the software? i.e JustCammit and MFC? If anyone has any ideas I would be really grateful, I just want to have double the fun and of course double the money! ;)

Thanks again
Missy

The root of the problem, is both of your cams are called the same thing by your computer. So there is no way for your computer to differentiate between the two when you have both plugged in at the same time.

I've had two Logitech 9000's running at the same time before.

If you ever are going to run two cameras, I'd actually recommend using the same one. That way you have less types of drivers running.

Thankyou girls! Have opted for splitcam, only because it was first on the list. Download etc was quick and easy, on testing everything seems good, will be trying it out for real in about an hour! Wish me luck ;) .
The only pisser is the fact that we bought a second webcam when it seems we didn't need to :shock: But I suppose it's always a good thing to have a spare.

Anyway thankyou all again for your help and I will of course let you know how it goes.

Missy

Well I said I would update you on how it went and tbh not good. I found that my bandwidth was dropping and picking up alternately between the two sites, so on justcammit if it dropped it would go up on MFC then for no reason it would reverse :( . Now before I try a different cam splitting prog, could it be my broadband speed at 3300 kbps? my computer or the compatability of splitcam?

Missdemeanour said:
Thankyou girls! Have opted for splitcam, only because it was first on the list. Download etc was quick and easy, on testing everything seems good, will be trying it out for real in about an hour! Wish me luck ;) .
The only pisser is the fact that we bought a second webcam when it seems we didn't need to :shock: But I suppose it's always a good thing to have a spare.

Anyway thankyou all again for your help and I will of course let you know how it goes.

Missy
i tried using splitcam before and it was not working properly, if split cam ever stops working dowlonad manycam.that is what i use =)

Status
Not open for further replies.