AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

has camming affected your LTR??

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 5, 2012
I'm about to enter camming and altho I get encouragement and support from my husband of many years.
It was his idea to begin with as I 'caught' him on the internet chatting up models and at first I was jealous [?], but when he said that I could do that myself and make a few bucks and it wouldn't bother him to have other men look at my body and get off. In fact, he said it would make him excited to know that I could turn others on, I made the decision to go for it and he is helping with the studio and taking pics etc and we've even experimented by setting up free skype shows with strangers just to get me used to being on cam and the feedback was encouraging and I confess that it was a turn on for both my husband and me.
What I am concerned about is if I go 'pro' and spend a few hours a day at it, can it have any negative effect on my relationship, which I value more than a few extra bucks?? Or, can it inhance it?? What are other camgirls experiences on this issue??

new2cam said:
I'm about to enter camming and altho I get encouragement and support from my husband of many years.
It was his idea to begin with as I 'caught' him on the internet chatting up models and at first I was jealous [?], but when he said that I could do that myself and make a few bucks and it wouldn't bother him to have other men look at my body and get off. In fact, he said it would make him excited to know that I could turn others on, I made the decision to go for it and he is helping with the studio and taking pics etc and we've even experimented by setting up free skype shows with strangers just to get me used to being on cam and the feedback was encouraging and I confess that it was a turn on for both my husband and me.
What I am concerned about is if I go 'pro' and spend a few hours a day at it, can it have any negative effect on my relationship, which I value more than a few extra bucks?? Or, can it inhance it?? What are other camgirls experiences on this issue??

Entering in to any new career will of course affect your relationship on some level.

A lot of models have run in to hidden road blocks that they didn't expect to come up, myself included.

The simplest reason it can have a negative effect on your relationship is that you'll be spending a few hours a day working. That's time taken away from doing his laundry and spending time with him and other stuff like that.

With other models, they have found over time, their partners do become jealous of all the attention they receive from men. When you watch your wife giggle while other men compliment her breasts, or hear how turned on she is by performing for another man, that can take its toll on a guys self esteem.

Other times, sex life changes in unexpected ways. Your hubby may think you don't need as much sex or attention because you're already getting a lot during work; or he may want a lot more sex and it wears you out, or what have you.

And of course, if you really enjoy camming, you may end up spending a lot of time working (camming takes hours of behind the scene work) and talking about your cam life, which can leave hubby feeling alienated.

I try to avoid these problems by being contentious that my partner, while still very self-secure, is just another man. When I want to gush about how well I'm doing, I focus on how much I've earned instead of how great a certain member is. When I get off my shift I find we bond more over complaining about horrid clients.

Also, when I started, I had a big roadblock where my partner was trying to help by directing me through PMs and telling me what I should do. I found this didn't mesh well with my style. So you should definitely have a talk with hubs about wanting or not wanting his opinions and suggestions while you're on camera.

it sounds like this won't be a problem for you two judging by the tone of your post, but i'd suggest communicating on a regular basis to make sure the both of you are comfortable with whatever is going on.

Reactions: Evvie
No one can say how exactly this job could or will effect you 2 but we can tell you of our experiences at least. Prepare you some what of what could happen. Im happy for you though that he seems very supportive of you and doing this. Thats a great sign :)

Okay my last bf was super supportive. We watched cam sites for quiet a while before signing me up. We got a webcam the whole nine yards. We both knew i could do it, and he didnt give one shit about other guys watching me. It never made him jealous. He liked watching me though during shows which i wasnt comfy with. It was distracting paying attention to private chat and doing the show, plus having him standing off to the site jacking it lol. That happened once and i shut it down. He also didnt mind that it took so much time off cam to make more money. He knew its what it took and would help when he could. We broke up but it wasnt cause of camming stuff.

The bf now is a completely different story. Hes mad jealous and insecure about it. He hates every bit of it, but was fine with it in the beginning when we werent together. Or he lied then. IDK which. He has since then freaked about all of it. Me selling vids, pics, even going on cam. He freaks when i get wishlist gifts. I have to open them in front of him so he can see what they are, why i dont know. Im not allowed to do anything work related when hes home from work. Forum, video editing, anything at all. Im also not allowed to talk to him about it. Hell ask me how much my paycheck will be for, but anything other than that and he shuts down and tells me to stop. I now have to cut myself off before i say "oh guess what someone said today in my room." Its pretty ridiculous.
Hes accused me of crazy insane things like that i like the guys from work more than him, or that ill leave him for one of them if they have more money, just ludacris stuff. He cant fathom why someone would pay me to do this, let alone send me gifts. Therefore assumes i must be doing more than just camming.
We had a couples account for a while when he was hurting really bad for money. He didnt love it but knew it was good money just for fucking me. Ive asked him since if hed like to again and he acts like im nuts. Ive even just asked if he would make a vid with me without his face and hes still says no, never. Like all of a sudden he has moral qualms over it, but it was good enough for him when he needed it.
Odd thing is if i dont work he complains we dont have money and yells at me for it. But freaks if i do lol. Were on our last leg as a couple i know if he doesnt change his behavior and just fucking deal. I cant be with someone who not only doesnt support me, but has belittled me for it. He said he was fine with it, then said he wouldnt of been if he hadnt started dating me when i was already doing this, and since then has changed his tune yet again the last few months.
Im not saying this will happen to you of course, just a heads up that it can go this way. Many a girl has posted of having to choose between camming and their guy. I hope it doesnt happen to you too. Good luck!

Thanks sisters.... It's just that my husband is a good man and we have a quite open and secure relationship and just recently we have been exploring the wild side and are entering into it slowly and trying to do our homework before we jump head first into it and not risk loosing what we have for a few bucks or a few temporary thrills. He is actually quite excited, and helpful and I want it to stay that way......seems to like watching me tease other men [is that wierd or normal man behavior??]. I was just wondering that once the innitial thrill wears off [for him] that he may get jealous of my sharing myself with strangers or members that I'll have other 'relationships' with on cam.

This raises another question in my mind.......I wonder what % of camgirls are in a LTR and what % are single/? My ueducated guess would be less than 50% in a LTR?? Any other guesses??

new2cam said:
Thanks sisters.... It's just that my husband is a good man and we have a quite open and secure relationship and just recently we have been exploring the wild side and are entering into it slowly and trying to do our homework before we jump head first into it and not risk loosing what we have for a few bucks or a few temporary thrills. He is actually quite excited, and helpful and I want it to stay that way......seems to like watching me tease other men [is that wierd or normal man behavior??]. I was just wondering that once the innitial thrill wears off [for him] that he may get jealous of my sharing myself with strangers or members that I'll have other 'relationships' with on cam.

This raises another question in my mind.......I wonder what % of camgirls are in a LTR and what % are single/? My ueducated guess would be less than 50% in a LTR?? Any other guesses??

Well the fact that hes so open about it now is great. Keep that if you can. Some girls bfs are in their rooms (on other computers in the house) and actually engage the room in chat and its known. Others are anon but still watch them from the other room. Some girls just work when their boy is out of the house. Its whatever is comfy for you. And it may change from time to time.
The best advice i can give it to discuss things before hand with him. How does he feel about you selling vids, pics, or shipping stuff to members? How does he feel about wishlists? How does he feel about watching you, or you working while hes home? Is he comfy sitting on the couch with you while you do some work on the laptop for work? I she good maybe at coming u with new shows ideas even? How much does he actually want to know? While discussing it isnt going to get every thing out in the open and clear cut doing a lot of initial stuff will at least set a presidency of how situations or issues are handled in the future. Establishing an open discussion forum about it now will help later for sure.

Teagan_Chase said:
new2cam said:

Well the fact that hes so open about it now is great. Keep that if you can. Some girls bfs are in their rooms (on other computers in the house) and actually engage the room in chat and its known. Others are anon but still watch them from the other room. Some girls just work when their boy is out of the house. Its whatever is comfy for you. And it may change from time to time.
The best advice i can give it to discuss things before hand with him. How does he feel about you selling vids, pics, or shipping stuff to members? How does he feel about wishlists? How does he feel about watching you, or you working while hes home? Is he comfy sitting on the couch with you while you do some work on the laptop for work? I she good maybe at coming u with new shows ideas even? How much does he actually want to know? While discussing it isnt going to get every thing out in the open and clear cut doing a lot of initial stuff will at least set a presidency of how situations or issues are handled in the future. Establishing an open discussion forum about it now will help later for sure.

Thanks Teagan and others....
He seems quite supportive about the selling of vids and pics, and has no qualms about me showing off and getting explicit. In fact, we are working together on shotting some stills and he is constantly encouraging me to show more T&A and it gets him off when I do. We usually follow up a foto session with hot sex and dirty talking about me showing off to other men and them wanking off while I tease them........can't ask for more encouragement than that! He made the set that we used for the photo shoot and was the photographer.
The truth is that I really don't know if I could do this without his technical and artistic help, as I am a dummie on the computer, but hope that I will pick it up as I go along, but I'll need his help and advise to start. he is a self admitted 'perv' himself, and gives his advise from that angle and never pushes me to go over my limit and respects it when I say NO!
I feel that I'm a lucky girl with his support.

Status
Not open for further replies.