AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Has anyone else had problems with being streamed on other sites?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2015
Hi all,
I'm a new cam girl, about a month into working on Chaturbate, and I'm having problems with being streamed on other sites without my consent. I've sent tons of E-mails about DCMA complaints and it helps with getting videos and pictures down but I still see tons of sites streaming me and other girls. Does anyone know how to prevent this? I know some basic programming so I don't mind doing some tech work, I just don't know how to get started.

Sassypants69

Read this post https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/reality-check.1123/

The gist of it is that your shows WILL be recorded and posted online, and there's nothing you can do to stop it. You can get stuff removed with DMCA complaints, but you'll never remove everything. It's just something you will have to deal with if you want to be a cam girl. Also, you shouldn't send DMCA complaints yourself, use a 3rd party service because the info (your name, email address etc.) will be available publicly.

And I'm not trying to pick on you specifically, but it really amazes me how many new cam girls don't expect this to happen. I swear there's a thread about it every week.

Thanks for the link! I did expect to be recorded, it was just the magnitude of stuff that was posted that was alarming, pages and pages on my google search and I've only be at this for a month. I was just wondering what you can do to discourage it, I already added a DCMA badge to my page but it doesn't seem to do much. I know there's things you can do like time stamp your url so it makes you more difficult to stream on other sites but I had no idea how to go about doing it.

Are you asking about recordings popping up or your feed being live streamed while you are on? 2 very different things there.

Does Chaturbate have white label sites? If so, that could be the issue.

I just did a little research and what I'm seeing are probably white label sites. Usually there's a live screen capture of my broadcast with the Chaturbate logo in the corner. That threw me through a loop because the terms and conditions said that they would not share any of my information with 3rd parties without my consent. However, when I reread it they mention that my information may be shared with affiliates who may have different privacy policies and it's not Chaturbates responsibility if information is lost through the affiliates. So basically it's a big cop out. There's no use worrying because it's done but that's very upsetting because the terms and conditions feel like they were written to be misleading....

• Hugs
Reactions: Ann_Sulu
I just did a little research and what I'm seeing are probably white label sites. Usually there's a live screen capture of my broadcast with the Chaturbate logo in the corner. That threw me through a loop because the terms and conditions said that they would not share any of my information with 3rd parties without my consent. However, when I reread it they mention that my information may be shared with affiliates who may have different privacy policies and it's not Chaturbates responsibility if information is lost through the affiliates. So basically it's a big cop out. There's no use worrying because it's done but that's very upsetting because the terms and conditions feel like they were written to be misleading....

Just an idea. Put your screen name and website on the screen and use it as advertising to draw in new followers.
Trying to make a positive out of it.

Reactions: Teagan
Yup they are white labels /affiliates of CB. Anytime you're on CB you're on the white label sites as well. Streamate does this as well for traffic. Both have it in their contract. The good news is you can get tipped from white labels so there's that at least.
Like dill said you can watermark your feed though. It's all you on each site but if you get recorded you have it there. Look into ManyCam for it or search the forum.

Thanks for the support guys! It's really comforting that there's people out there willing to help/give advice; I did research before starting but I'm sure I'm going to still make plenty of newbie mistakes

• Hugs
Reactions: Gen
Another thing to look into, if you are willing to spend money, is "Cam Model Protection". I know a lot of models have had success with them getting their videos, shows, pictures, etc taken down through them.

Reactions: DrWangFei
I am also new to the industry and am on chaturbate. I searched my name and noticed 2 search results brought up thumbnails from 2 different broadcasts I did in the past couple weeks. I think its similar to what sassypants is talking about. I assumed people would record things but I was a little weirded out to actually see it. Is it worth it to keep an eye out for these and ask chaturbate to remove them or is it just something that happens and is accepted? I know once it's out there it can't be gotten rid of %100. There are really only a handful of people I want to keep my camming from so I'm wondering if I should be concerned or just look at it as advertising for my shows.

Something about this, when I started camming five years ago I never found myself elsewhere. Then, about three years ago, like everyone else I'm all over the place. Initially I thought this was because it had taken a while to happen but now I see it happening to models almost instantly.

It's definitely more the norm than it used to be.

If you are referring to white labels, they are really necessary. I have worked a few sites that don't have the money to use these and ended up quitting because my room stayed empty.

No point in camming if nobody is watching.

Im not exactly clear on what a white label is or how it works. Im a newbie to camming and suck with computer stuff (bad combo i know). I know my stuff will get out there and theres nothing I can do to keep it all controlled. I'm more concerned at this point with just understanding the whole thing. If this is something through the cam site like affiliates or white labels or whatever then I'm cool with that, after all I did sign up to be naked online lol. what I'm not cool with is people recording this stuff and posting it all over just because they feel like it. Like i said i know i can't stop it but its just incredibly disrespectful to the models imo.

[QUOTE="Violet Star, post: 742807, member: 29508"]Im not exactly clear on what a white label is or how it works. Im a newbie to camming and suck with computer stuff (bad combo i know). I know my stuff will get out there and theres nothing I can do to keep it all controlled. I'm more concerned at this point with just understanding the whole thing. If this is something through the cam site like affiliates or white labels or whatever then I'm cool with that, after all I did sign up to be naked online lol. what I'm not cool with is people recording this stuff and posting it all over just because they feel like it. Like i said i know i can't stop it but its just incredibly disrespectful to the models imo.[/QUOTE]

I am not an expert but the way I see it is:

Your camshow is your product and you signed up with Chaturbate and make money from tips.
Whitelabel means simply that your live camshow can be found on other websites with different names, but you still can make money from tips,so actually good for you.

The problem are recorded shows which are posted or sold on the internet without you making any money from it. Actually one way to see it would be as advertising for you and you should maybe add info where you can be found in the stream of your shows.

This recording can be automated or there is really a guy sitting there and recording your specific show. Technically nothing you can do about this.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.